AB Space - Best level to achieve a Lagrangian point
  • Trying to get this achievement....was wondering if anyone has gotten it, and if so, what level would you say is the best to do so.
  • 22 Comments
  • if the achievement is made by suspending a bird perfectly between the gravitational fields of two planets, I just did it on PB 1-10. I was playing on my Kindle though, so no Gamecenter achievements.
  • Yeah, PB 1-10 is the easiest. Just shoot the bird into the middle lightly.
  • I've "done it" on 1-10, but I wasn't awarded the achievement.
  • Maybe it needs to be there for a certain amount of time? I actually got a bird into a lagrangian point for about 1 hour.
  • Has anyone actually been awarded achievement? @blah -- How did you get bird to remain for 1 hr? They usually vaporize as soon as they stop moving, if not before???
  • I flung the bird at almost maximum power. It kept moving slightly forever. After 1 hour I got bored of it so I restarted the level. BTW that was on my android.
  • Here's my attempt (we will be putting it on the site soon)

• Maybe you need to clear out all of the ice blocks first, so that the bird is actually flung into the point rather than ricocheting into it?
  • maybe you need to shoot it into a gravitational field from 3 planets, like in DZ #9..? I tried it for a while, but didn't manage it..
  • I got it into the right spot on 1-10 as well, but no achievement. It was my last bird so it just hung there a bit until the level failed.
  • @antwan83 The Lanrangian point is defined as being a small mass stationary between two larger masses. BTW, I tried 3 also.
  • @Burbman I managed one that would be undeniably perfect: On 1-10, placed an unsplit Blue bird in the middle never touching anything. The dotted line was still going. No achievement. (I have it on video. I will upload it to my personal YT, not the ABN page.)

• Nice shot! Has anyone actually got this achievement?
  • @AMslimfordy I did the exact same thing as you.....seems the bird starts to flip on end over and over and he gets glittery blue moreso than normal flight...but no achievement. He was almost dead center...hardly moving. Guess i'm wondering if it is possible or if we're missing something.
  • @slim - I did it the same, and no achievement. I also had birds in both of the sweet spots simultaneously last night on CC 2-19 without getting the achievement. I don't usually worry about the achievements, but this one intrigues me.
  • Per Rovio: "I think the team may be aware of this, but I'll pass it along anyway to reinforce! Thanks!"
  • Is it possible you need to do in on DZ?
  • I doubt that. Let's face it: it's a coding nightmare. The app is designed to remove birds that aren't moving.
  • @burbman 2-19 is a pretty good one.
  • Just additional feedback 1-10 Ipad, 1st bird hit center block only, bird finally stopped in center and exploded, 2nd bird center, hit no blocks and finally stopped in center, exploded, 3rd bird, center, hit no blocks, just prior to stopping, pushed screen and the 3 birds stayed in center and filled the space between blocks finally all 3 birds exploded, no achievment. It was pretty neat to see all 3 birds suspended between the blocks. All Thx to my 15 yr old son :)
  • I so wish I saw this thread before I wrote in the Angry Birds Space physics thread, but I suggest 2-13. Your birds will all go to their Lagrange point whether you intended it or not! I especially marvelled at how the blue birds go to that point and wobble, like they're metastable. Real Lagrange points aren't points as such but more like zones where things drift around an imaginary point.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!