How to do a screenshot Page 2
  • 78 Comments
  • @foley200

"What a difference a screen cap makes" ♫☺♪ ♫☺♪ ♫☺♪ ♫☺♪ Imgupr did a MOST FABulous job!! Kudos to them! If you didn't have an upload program, I was going to recommend "Image Shack" which I use other than uploading from my computer. Some forums require uploads from a web service & I use them. Free too, as free is bestus!!
    Your new choice though is great, beautiful resolution for the Web.
  • @bowzerbird I tried a few upload programs including image shack but it wouldn't slope mobile uploads. Anyway I'm sorted now, thanks for your help.
  • Slope? I meant "allow"
  • Upload of images directly from iPhones and iPads is coming in the next release of iOS (iOS6).
  • I've heard that as well. Hopefully it actually works!
  • I just managed to take a screenshot on my Galaxy S completely by accident! Turns out holding the Back button (whether by accident or by design!) and pressing Home shows a screentip saying "Screen captured. Saved as image file". Saves a pic in ScreenCapture directory.

Never knew that til today and I've had the phone for nearly 18 months...
  • @4485/hinarei:
    Hey great!! Something to pass along! I'm always experimenting with software on the PC that is, no smartphone yet, but that's how we learn. I have learned so many PC shortcuts & tricks in the software programs I use. As long as I don't mess with or destroy the software / PC, I feel confident in experimentation. Always save files I'm working on or do a "save as" & save a new one to "experiment" with.

Great "accident" to pass on. Keep experimenting and even using forums for your smartphone, computer and programs you use. Man, if it wasn't for forums [esp. with the programs I use in graphic design / animation], I'd still be pulling my hair out.
  • @bowzerbird - thanks! I'll share anything I see if I think it'll help. I don't think I fiddle with things enough :) i didn't spot the model I use in here, even though i agree with the note in the OP about the variety of Android devices out there.

Nice ta meetcha too. Keep tinkering!
  • Also has the option to edit screenshots and share through Picasa, FB, Sina Mircoblog, and Imgur
  • @PJng : Try Alt + PrintScreen.
  • @brave1966 -- Hope you are aware that you don't get points for forum posts. : )
  • @mvnla2 : I know. It would be nice, though. :)
  • Yay that iOS 6 allows us the uploading of pics directly from the device (PNG gets converted to JPG though).
  • I am an IT professional. Learning how to take screenshots can be an invaluable tool, not just in Angry Birds, but when you need to send a copy of an error dialog box to a help desk or embed an image in a document.

On your PC, the Print Screen button (usually in the upper right of the keyboard near the number keys) does not exactly "print the screen" to a printer, as you might expect. Instead, it prints the screen to the Windows clipboard, just the same way Cut or Copy puts something on the Windows clipboard.

Once the image is on the Windows clipboard, you need to find a place to paste it. Pasting it in MSPaint, then saving as a jpeg is a good idea. There are many other places in which you an paste an image, such as a MSExcel spreadsheet or MSWord document. Simply open the application, then click Edit/Paste or Ctrl-V and your image will appear. You may want to resize it, typically using resizing handles in the image.

If you get a solid black image, then go back to Angry Birds and change to the windowed option. Use the Tools icon (round gear) then click on the Window icon (rectangle).

I use MSWord to capture every Angry Birds level. I just take a screenshot with Print Screen, then paste into to the document. I label each screenshot, then add notes to myself, such as "Aim for top of left tower" or something like that. Because I happen to enjoy levels with trampolines, I usually note if that level has a trampoline.

I can use the Find function in Word to search for a desired level, if necessary. I can also set bookmarks to indicate the start of a new episode, which is useful with hundreds of screenshots in one document.
  • I just thought I'd go ahead and post how to do a screenshot on the Galaxy SIII since it's a pretty popular new Android. There are two ways.
    1- Hit Power and Home at the same time.
    2- Go to Settings; Motion; Hand Motions (at the bottom); Palm swipe to capture; Check box.
    Then you can swipe your palm L to R or R to L and it will capture.
    All captures will show up in your Gallery.
  • @BPC, here a old discussion.
  • @AMSlimfordy -- In your spare time ( : D ), maybe you could make sure main post is current and includes Android devices. Then maybe this should be made an announcement or part of FAQs or About?
  • Thanks @PJng! This is a good discussion, but it gets lost and can become a bit much to weed through. It would be great if all the information could be condensed and consolidated at the top, and perhaps made into an announcement so it did not get lost.
  • Perhaps change the title to

"How to do a Screenshot, Upload, and Link in Comment"

;)
  • Android is too many device, possible can have complete list?

@BPC, when i see your question on other side i remember there is a old discussion about screenshot when i first join here, so i do a search.
  • Screenshots for PC - there are better ways IMO.

Print screen and paste is clunky during gameplay and leads to poor image quality. Where possible use a screenshot program that is convenient and does not interrupt gameplay.

Irfanview is a good screenshot program that is free. It is better than a number of payware as it does not lag up the computer when the screenshot is taken.

http://lifehacker.com/5540545/irfanview-improves-screenshot-abilities-updates-lots-of-plug+ins
  • DropBox now has the embedded function to save screenshots whenever you hit PrntScrn
  • Wow @AMslimfordy, didn't know that. Very convenient feature.
  • @Birds

For devices without physical volume buttons, you can also hit the on-screen volume down button, together with the power button to take a screenshot. (This works for many cheap Chinese quad-core processor tablets that are flooding the market today).

I find pressing the power button down a moment before volume down works best for most devices, as otherwise the OS may misinterpret it as a "volume down" command instead.

Alternatively there are a wide variety of automated screenshot apps out there in the Play Store and the higher-rated ones aim to be universal for many Android versions and devices.
  • Yeah, there's many of them. But most people don't know that their device has a build in screenshot shortcuts. BTW, there's also a screenshot shortcut on the power menu in many custom roms and gingerbread Sony Erricson devices.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!