question on saving scores
  • hey guys, would this work? go to
    ifile->/var/mobile/applications copy/link a whole angry birds file and paste it anywhere else!
    now my question: if i would lose my progress (whysoever) could i just copy/link the pasted file and paste it into applications?
    this would save my progress wouldnt it?!?! and i wouldnt even need to connect to itunes on the computer!
    can you guys tell me if i am right and this would work or if there is a mistake in my hypothesis!
    is this save or should i backup via itunes on the computer?
    please help
  • 24 Comments
  • Before you ever go messing around with data files manually, you should backup on iTunes. Basically, backup is a programmer's best friend.

Theoretically, yes your process should work, but I'm not sure if there are issues with the encrypted files. Also, not all data files are necessary to backup -- only highscores.lua and settings.lua.
  • Use iPhone Explorer. It's free and quite easy to use (although frustratingly it does not sort by name). Copy the highscores.lua and settings.lua file from the app's document folder via drag and drop. I use it nearly every day to do so (as I've had my iTunes backup become corrupted before, and I do NOT want to lose my scores again... can not WAIT for the Angry Birds Sync to happen...) and especially before ANY update as there are several reports and my own experience of users losing Golden Eggs and locked levels accessibility/scores.
  • @AMslimfordy: so if i go to ifile: /var/mobile/Applications/Angry Birds/AngryBirds.app/Documents and copy/link the two files (highscores.lua and settings.lua) and then paste them into a new folder, i have saved my scores?
    i´d prefer saving everything on the ipod itself because i am seldom connected with the computer!
  • The primary concept of a backup is to have the information ELSEWHERE from the original source. While your method may help in cases of software issues if you have to restore the item, it won't help in the case of hardware issues where the device has to be replaced (or updated as the case may be). Just food for thought since this is obviously somewhat important to you...
  • @heathen at angry birds seasons there was a file that was named mightyeagle.lua, do i have to backup that file too?!?! why is there no such a file in the original angry birds?!?!
  • The only files you need to backup are highscores.lua and settings.lua
  • okey already backuped all 7 iOS versions! =)
  • i tried to use the methode with absfree to get the blocksmasher achievement! but it didnt work! i connected with iphoneexplorer and deleted the two lua files on the ipod and dragged the saved files from the pc to iphoneexplorer! but when i tried to open absfree on the ipod it crashed! thank to god i copied/linked the files on ifile and saved them ! this methode worked for me!
    any ideas why the methode with iphoneexplorer didnt work?!
    sorry for my english!!
  • hey hoh: would saving settings.lua and highscores.lua save my feathers too? cause i have all the feathers and i will delete angrybirds, reinstall, play till i get 500.000 blocks achievement, and paste the old scores.lua and settings.lua via ifile (cause iphoneexplorer didnt work for absfree)
    with this methode i got the 500blocks achievement in absfree but there were no feathers!
    now i want to know if my feathers are saved! cause if not i wouldnt do it! 288feathers are more worth than 1 achievement!!! please help me :)
  • Yes, it will save your feathers too.
  • Hi, but of help needed!!! Basically my iPhone 4 flatlined the other night (it's jailbroken) and I had to restore from a back up from 28/12/2011. This has obviously wiped out everything I've done since then, ie year of the dragon and loads of other save data and high scores from other apps. I've re-jailbroken it and downloaded ifile on the phone and have ifunbox on my laptop. My angry birds high scores lua file has today's date on. Is there anyway to recover the progress that I achieved since my backup from 28/11/2011?!!!!
  • Cheers Sal9, much appreciated. So do I have to redo everything since my last backup at the end of December then? Will my scores and achievements since then not be up to date the current lua file?
  • It will restore your progress up to your last back up.
  • Unfortunately that was the one at the end of December!!! Oh well, looks like I'll just have to redo Year Of The Dragon then!!!!!
  • Will my progress since my last backup be stored anywhere then? Such as in an lua file on the phone that wasn't removed during a restore? Or does the restore also remove the lua file?
  • The first part of these instructions will show you which tool to use and where to find those files.
    http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/how-to-transfer-angry-birds-progress-between-ios-devices/
  • I've used the software before and know how to do it, I just want to know if the progress between my last backup in Dec 11 and the time I restored my device in Feb 11 is saved anywhere.
  • If you restored on Feb 11 your progress was reset to Dec or your last backup.
  • Can I recover my progress made between my Dec 2011 back up and my Feb 2012 restore if my iPhone is jailbroken?
  • Don't think so, sorry
  • @Dan you can only restore the data that exists on your last backup. Anything since then will have to be redone.
  • Almost there!!! Just a few feathers left!!
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!