Gamecenter Glitch?!?
  • Ever since I downloaded Angry Birds Seasons Valentines, my game center has been bugging out heavily. I see that they came out with some update the other day, but something is really wrong. I can literally sign in with the same ID and Password and basically get two different accounts, one with friends and one with no friends at all. Even both attempts reveal different achievements made. Anyone else having a similar issue or can point me in a direction to fix the issue! This is driving me mad!
  • 28 Comments
  • @xBloopBloopx, Check your account that has no friends. Does it say "sandbox" under the bottom tab where it usually says "Me"? Or does is ever say 1P42 somewhere? If so, I might be able to help. Report back and we'll see. ;)
  • It still says "Me"; however, if I go into the account details, at the top it says "SANDBOX (1P42)"! If you could help that would be AWESOME! This is messin up my AB achievements!
  • Now I'm intrigued. What is this?
  • @xBloopBloopx I'm sorry I should've asked this the first time and I think I can assume the answer but I must ask first. Are you jailbroken and do you use AppSync?
  • @FujiToast Yes, I looked into more after you brought up the "Sandbox" issue, and it does seem to be related to AppSync, which I dont even use *Face Palm*. Many remedies are saying to make a second account with a different email and then try signin back in with the original, but I havent tried anything yet
  • @xBloopBloopx Yup, You are correct. The steps I took to fix it are listed below:
    1. uninstall appsync
    2. restart phone
    3. reinstall the latest appsync
    4. open game with gamecenter access
    5. create dummy account if it still logs you into the sandbox (basically a developer gamecenter server)
    6. open gamecenter and log out of dummy account and try to relog-in with your normal account.
    7. if that still doesn't work, fully quit gamecenter and try opening a different game with gamecenter access.
    8. By this point one of those things SHOULD have let you in. BUT you may encounter the same sandbox error on some games. For me it was games that I installed after I started having the sandbox error. For any games that still won't let you in, try uninstalling and reinstalling the games. I'd first try it on a game where you don't care what happens to your save data.

So one or all of those things should take care of it for ya. Good Luck and let me know if you are still having trouble at the end.
  • @FujiToast It didnt seem to work. After creating the dummy account and trying to then sign in with the main account, it just loaded up the sandbox version. I do have a question about the appsync however. I noticed I had appsync 4.1 and appsync 4.0+ for some reason. I deleted the 4.1, but there isnt a way to download that particular one again. I might have followed the steps incorrectly. Errr

Update1: Tried uninstall on 4.0+ and reinstall and no luck
    Update2: Tried update1 and then creating another dummy account. and still is a problem with Angry Birds! It seemed that ABS worked fine :/
    Update3: All games are responding correctly to the MAIN account EXCEPT Angry Birds Original :(! As soon as I try to open that game, everything will go back to Sandbox!
  • @xBloopBloopx First make sure you are on the most up-to-date build of AppSync, Version 1.1-5, This is the build where Dissident got everything fixed up. From what I've come to understand about the sandbox error, the problem is now in the angry birds, gamecenter save file. So It might require a reinstall of Angry Birds. BUT BE CAREFUL! I don't know exactly the game save stuff works and I REALLY don't want you to loose all your progress. I do know @Birdleader mentioned in one of these threads that we was able to transfer HIS save info to his wife's iphone. So I'd make a backup of your info with the same method just incase something goes wonky on ya. I'll see if I can find that thread in a minute here.
  • @FujiToast That looks like exactly what I have to do. I do believe I was able to move my saved data once before. This tutorial is very helpful, and I shouldnt have a problem Im sure. Thanks for your help

Update: SUCCESS! Everything is working great now after the delete and reinstall of AB and all my saved data is still there! Now I can sleep at night. lol
  • Great to hear!
  • @xBloopBloopx Awesome! I know I had felt a wave of relief when mine was fixed. You're very welcome! Later!
  • idk if it's happened to anyone else, but i was just playing and i got the star gatherer achievement, but it popped up for crystal instead of gamecenter. now for some reason i can't see any of my achievements on gamecenter, it just keeps saying it's "loading". i'm on an ipod touch if that makes any difference.
  • Regarding achievements, I think there may be a gamecenter glitch for ipod touch users who play when not connected to wifi. I was playing both free versions (regular and seasons), but I was not connected to wifi. For seasons free, I saw every single achievement pop up (including Woodpecker, Icepicker and Block Smasher). However, once I came into wifi range, only 4 of the 7 achievements loaded into gamecenter. I still don't have WoodPecker, Icepicker or Block Smasher. For the regular free version, the same thing happened with Block Smasher.

I'm also wondering if the same glitch happened with the full version and the Smash Maniac achievement. I've gotten all other achievements and am ranked at # 4,055, but still don't have that achievement. However, I've never seen that achievement pop up, so I guess it is possible that I'm still not there.

Anyone know of a solution for this glitch?
  • @ChaosTsar As far as the Smash Maniac goes, I think a LOT of us are awaiting a fix to that one.

The other achievements can sometimes be fixed with different combinations of closing angry birds, game center and shutting off the phone. I'm really not sure which combination works but I've gotten it to work before...once.
  • @FujiToast -- It's frustrating -- nothing I've tried works. Grrr.... Guess I could try to delete the app, reinstall it and start all over again, but I really don't want to go that route.

I even tried creating another user name on gamecenter and it still did not load the missing achievements.

Gah, I fell like I've developed OCD over this. Must go find something else to do.
  • I've been able to get the achievements to load by shutting down the device, opening game center, then opening AB. It sometimes takes a minute or two for the achievements to update but I have good luck with this method.
  • @chaostsar, Your best shot is when rovio releases an update. That's when it seems like the game rechecks the stats again. So patience is your best bet.
  • Well, update 1.5.3 has been installed, I have obtained all of the new release achievements, but still smash maniac is not showing up. I've shut off my device, opened gamecenter, opened angry birds, all in various orders, but still no luck. I also noticed today that the same thing appears in cyrstal (all achievements except smash maniac appear). So much for the bug fix with the recent update. :-(
  • I also have been playing since the star and have everything but smash maniac. I have another issue though. I recently upgraded to IOS 4 to get gamecentre. all my achivements copied across from crystal except the feather achievements. I dont have the one for 50 or 100 but i do have the one for 200. anyone seen this before??
  • @ChrisD That happened to me as well, but not because I upgraded my firmware. It corrected itself eventually as I was getting more feathers.
  • Thought I would repeat my post from another thread:

Sweet jesus, I just got smash maniac. I'm ranked on Game Center around 430ish and have played this game for so many hours, I could not even begin to estimate how much time this has sucked away. And I just got smash maniac. About. Damn. Time. !! :-)
  • Does anyone else not have the Feather Picker (50) and Feather Collector (100) achievements but has the Feather Gather (200) achievement?
  • Yes I have the 200 fether but not the 50 or the 100!! I also have many other acheivements that I've completed that do not show up on Game Center!!! Pisses me off. Been messing with it for a week trying to get all my achievements to show up. Even when I get a new achiement they don't show up. Don't know what to do>
  • @jdubb07 unfortunately there isn't really anything you can do except hope that the next update will fix/trigger. Sorry, frustrating, I know.
  • same problem..have 200 feather gather, but 30 feather picker and 60 feather collector don't register.. iphone 3Gs
  • oops.. meant 120 gatherer
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!