Angry birds GO! – expectations
  • Are you ready for AB GO!? What do you expect it would look like? What do you think so called „countdown“ application will be? Do you think it will be playable without telepods? Why, in your opinion, Rovio decided to launch countdown application at all?
    I already purchased telepods and can't wait to try them. Do you think telepods figurines will be equal to fully upgraded karts or would be only used for bird/kart swaps in game?
    Do you like to play racing games on mobile devices at all? Personaly, I tried only one game (can't remeber which) to play on my iPad and I found game control rather difficult (comparing to PS3). Anyway, since it is Angry birds (lovely characters, great graphics, great music and exepcional humor) I am going to play it on phone, hoping that controling game wouldn't be such obstacle to my reflexes (of a 40 something senior lady).
    I'd really appreciate your opinions. Do you have any cute racing game to recommend for try until Thursday and get my fingers ready for real thing?
  • 9 Comments
  • Well, I'm an expert at Mario Kart Wii so I expect this to be fun.
  • The only observation I have right now is that the gameplay mechanics will be rather fun. The characters are ported well to the racing format, with all their own special abilities and transformation effects.

However what I will not enjoy is the 3D format... which dramatically heats up the phone and drinks battery life like a top fuel dragster. Not practical to play on the go, in other words. However, this will not be a drawback if there was a PC or console version.
  • i think it will be a good game, i love kart racers, but i think it would be best on pc and consoles, i have telepods for all the charecters except the mustache pig, bubbles and terrance (is there one for him?)
  • @tmsforever, Terrence telepod as well as Bomb Special Edition (whole black cart, without yellow strip) are not on market yet. So far they are not in catalogue that comes in telepod packages. I agree that playing on console would be really fun, but mobile device...I don't know, I simply don't enjoy it.
  • @cosmo2503 thanks, i've never heard of the bomb special edition till now also does anyone know if the actual app (not the countdown one) will be avaliable for ipod touch 4g, because that is what i have and i have already bought almost all the telepods?
  • @tmsforever Terrence and Bomb SE are available in TRU exclusive packages now.
  • You have to be kidding me... They are in a $30 set with all of the ones I already bought... Was the same with the new Star Wars ones too. Well I did not buy the new Star Wars ones becouse of that... But theses so are my fav 2 carts but $30 for 2 carts is not worth it.
  • @Darkrai848 i would just wait a while one of two things will happen after christmas
    A: the pack will go on sale
    B: the two will show up on ebay.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!