Using telepods on Samsung Galaxy SII help needed!
  • Hi,
    Call me idiot I don't know how to use telepods on my Samsung Galaxy II smartphone. My problem is that I can't set front camera as default, precisely I change camera to front, close camera application on phone, open ABS2 and realize that I can't scan telepods because front camera is off.
  • 9 Comments
  • Have you tested it on normal camera? And also what Android version your device has?
  • Rovio Support tells me some devices can make telepods work using the back camera. Have you tried flipping the phone over and using the back (main) camera?

Pretty sure S2 is listed as one of the supported devices at Hasbro, last I checked.

If all else fails see if you can send an email to [email protected] to let them know about the issue.

On an offtopic note I have petitioned them quite a while ago to allow users to manually select which camera is used, to provide a manual override in case of such issues. It would also allow more devices to support telepods, as there are plenty of Android devices with good back cameras but lousy or non-existent front cameras.
  • Hi @birds. Thank you for trying to help. I think it wouldn't be practical to scan code from behind, it would be more frustrating then fun. My phone has android 2.3.4. and support telepods usage, I just don't know how to use them properly because front camera is turned off.
    Nevermind, I'll keep playing on iPad.
  • @cosmo2503,
    Make sure you have plenty of light. I have a LG Spectrum 2 phone which is NOT on the approved list. Last night I tried to use telepods. My phone didn't work even though I thought the room was lit up enough. This morning, with tons of natural sunlight, my phone was able to read the codes. Even though my phone was able to read other qr codes with the front facing cam last night, I'm guessing that there was not enough light for the telepods to be read correctly.
  • Oh yeah, I just remember. Someone said the telepods works for him when he turn on his flashlight towards the telepod. Like @sparty83 said, it seems that the problem is the light around your device.
  • Thank you @all guys. I will try it in better light conditions although light bulb 100 W isn't bad light at all. Will try during weekend with natural light.
  • @cosmo2503. A little update.
    This morning it was very sunny, very few clouds and the sun was streaming in through the windows. It's now several hours later and it has become overcast and the sun has moved higher so its not streaming in like this morning. I tried the telepods again and had a harder time getting them to work. One worked pretty reliably, but the other, I had to turn on a lamp, 60w bulb, and it still didn't work. Took my phone over to the window to get more natural light and it worked.

It appears that the amount of light really has an impact and from my very little testing, it appears that natural light works better than artificial. Although I don't know how other types of artificial light will work. I haven't tried led, cfl or halogens.
  • @cosmo2503 -- Maybe you need several 100 W bulbs at close range?
  • @all thank you again. It really was problem of poor lighting. I am relief because I bought whole bunch telepods for Angry Birds GO! that I want to play on phone as I find playing racing games on iPad a bit difficult.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!