Possible Android issue
  • Hi all, a great forum here & glad I found it. I've had a quick look around and not seen this issue highlighted but apologies if I have missed it.

In short, I am an Android user (HTC Desire) and have Angry Birds, Seasons & Rio. It's all been fine until a few days ago. Now, the apps are still on my device and I can use them - but when I go into the Android market they are not showing as installed, bar Angry Birds Seasons which I updated last night for the Pignic.

I have not yet downloaded Mine n Dine yet, and am concerned that if I try to download the updated version it will wipe my current achievements, seeing as the Market is apparently not recognising that I have the app installed in the first place.

Up to now I haven't had auto-updates switched on as I tend to be overly cautious about what apps I have and how often I have my connections turned on to use the market. I don't know if not auto-updating might have caused an issue?

Anyway, if anyone knows of this happening to themselves/someone else and/or if I would be fine to just click 'install' on Android Market, I'd be grateful for your help.

Many thanks.
  • 3 Comments
  • I'm guessing on your menu options, but from your home screen go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications find the market link and then clear the cache and / or data. This may help clear out all the market data and repopulate. You will have to re-agree with the terms and conditions and you should be back in business with the market.
  • I had /have same problem. Couldn't get recent updates( Rio and AB) to install...would download then tell me that there wasn't sufficient space on either phone or SDCard..which wasn't true. Tried all the usual clearing caches/ deleting the unused etc/re booting but still the same. Unmounting SD card ( on which only AB ; seasons and Rio stored) and then downloading worked.. but as apps only on SD card the My Apps bit of the market obviously didn't have the AB downloads on it had to download as if new app...mounted SD card and all levels/scores still there but now have new levels to play. Yay! However this trick didn't work for Mine and Dine update which just will not even download so no chance of installing on HTC legend but it will install on an unsupported device!! an HTC Wildfire, very slow but works better on that the Rio download did.
  • I've just been able to check the replies to this thread and have just followed frozndevl's advice. The result - Angry Birds is currently updating, so Mine & Dine should be on its way, hopefully.

Finch - hope you get sorted. My AB Rio as installed randomly reappeared when I moved Ab (not Rio) from SD to phone. But AB itself hasn't come back until following the tip above.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!