I have a problem with restore my old score to my new device.
  • Look, I had 3 month ago samsung galaxy s2 and I had lost it. All my scores on Angry Birds had lost either. My luck is that I had backup them on my home PC before I lost it, but unfortunately it doesn't let me restore it. I downloaded the "Angry Birds Backup 2 SD" and it doesn't do the job.
    What could be the problem? Why not give copy the files highsores.lua and settings.lua? I think I have a Permission Problem. I'm afraid I'll have to get my all scores on my self, And I do not want to break my head over the scores that I already made. So please, help me!!!
  • 20 Comments
  • 1. Have you tried to use other backup apps?
    2. Are you using gingerbread or jellybean (or other)
    3. When restoring files you have to complete at least one level for the highscores.lua file to be created.
  • We have a very extensive guide for backing up and restoring progress on Android.

http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/angry-birds-ultimate-backup-tutorial-for-all-platforms/#android
  • Look, I tried every backup apps and non of them work. I always get error messages in other apps that about Permission for the files I want to backup. In case about Angry Birds Backup 2 SD it not show me the error message, bat it doesn't do something.

As for what AMslimfordy noted about the link above, I done everything in the instructions, but at some point I give up. I gave up from where I was need to use Helium on my device. I tried to backup with helium but it didn't backup "Highscores.lua" and "Setting.lua".

Even the sergio app doesn't work on my device. When I tried to backup with it, it show me dialog box that tell me that the game file is protected and not readable and it may require root. So I tried to set "Request Root" on the preferences app, and it still show me that message.

I really feel like I'm at a loss at this point.
  • Your device is likely not rooted and running too recent of an operating system to use the "commercial" backup apps available in Google Play. For this specific reason, we created our Android Backup Guide, which works on both rooted and non-rooted devices, using any known version of Android OS.
  • For Bad Piggies answer, I forgot to tell you that I had finish at least one level of all game that I want to backup, and I have no idea about gingerbread or jellybean (or other).

And for AMslimfordy, look, I tried to use Cygwin Terminal (I have Cygwin Terminal icon instead the Cygwin icon) to perform the ADB PULL command and it tell me "-bash: adb: command not found". I use Cygwin Terminal, and I don't sure if this is the program that doing the trick. I just found it by search Cygwin on google and download the file as 'setup-x86.exe' from Cygwin official website (http://www.cygwin.com).
    In the instruction there is no link for downloading Cygwin, and I don't sure if what I have the real Cygwin program.
  • @Gilthegta3 Go to settings-about phone and there it will say the version number of your phone. If it is over 4.0.0 it is a jellybean and then the Angry birds backup apps on google play will not work on your device unless you root it.
  • I even tried to config the path of "adb.exe" file location with the command:

" echo ‘export PATH=$PATH:/cygdrive/c/adt/sdk/platform-tools’ >> ~/.bashrc "
    before I start to use adb command (non close the window of Cygwin after the adb.exe path config), and nothing!
  • My version of Android is 4.1.2, you know.
  • So how we root this phone?
  • @Gilthegta3 You can read all information about rot here: http://www.androidcentral.com/root
  • Whoa, slow down there.

I rooted my phone and I'm happy I did, but you're increasing the risk.

Failure to properly implement the restore procedure for Angry Birds ( http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/how-to-back-up-angry-birds-progress-on-android-rooted-and-non-rooted/#device ) results in having to replay a bunch of levels.

Failure to properly root your phone can potentially result in a dead phone. And don't even think about returning a bricked phone as a warranty issue - that's not covered.
  • If you want to root, you have to search "how to root [your device]". Sometimes, the guide to root your device may different than other devices. Some (or maybe most) latest devices need to unlock the "bootloader" that can wipe all data on the phone
  • @burpie yeah, that's right. Even if you're successfully rooted your phone it's still can void your phone's warranty athough your phone is still working.
  • Ok, I still don't root my phone, for those who afraid that I will do it. But I still don't know what the best thing I currently need to do: root my phone or try to use Cygwin program. If I will need to root my phone, in my case I have Samsung Galaxy S2.
  • I just send him a public message (there wasn't way to send him as a private unfortunately) about it and I hope he will reply me.
  • @Gilthegta3 -- He is unlikely to notice the public message, unless you @mentioned him. Go to the Android Backup Guide linked by Slim the message above yours and post a question in the comment section using @CmdrBond
  • Look, I do mention him with the @ simbol. See my profile and check it out:
    http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/Gil-Cochavy/

I knew that if I am not mention anybody, they don't see what I wrote unless they visit my profile and check my activities.
  • I remember this function from Twitter, by the way.
  • @Gilthegta -- Good Luck! I'm surprised he hasn't answered, but he lives in Europe, and it is August (European vacation month, if you don't know), so he might be somewhere without good internet access.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!