iOS or Android for Ad Free Versions questions
  • I had to download the Amazon version of the new Rio AB to go ad-free. Do the members here prefer playing on iOS or Android? Not for the platform per se, but, is iOS more "organized" in that one can purchase all ad-free versions?

My wife has an iPhone and I have an Android, and I'm thinking about going iPhone just for the simplicity of the AB games from the Apple store. (Yes, I'm willing to choose an entire platform for AB's sake.) It's a little convoluted to have to buy on Google and Amazon both to get all ad-free versions, and there have been times when Amazon overwrote scores (hurry cloud sync on all games!) I would rather be under one roof.

The bottom line question I have, can ALL AB games be purchased ad-free on iOS?

Just to comment... often when we go out to eat, we call it our "Angry Birds Discussion Club" meeting. Our last meeting was major in that we signed up for cloud sync. And, we are not "young." Both closer to retirement age, but, AB is simple, challenging, and a LOT of content. We both play World of Warcraft, but, really enjoy AB when we like to relax and have casual gaming.

Thanks much.
  • 4 Comments
  • On iOS, all apps are available as ad-free. They cost $0.99 USD each for iPhone and $2.99 USD for iPad usually. (AB:Rio is actually completely free for both platforms now, I believe.)
  • I used to play AB only on PC. It was the only way I COULD play, since I didn't own any android device or smart phone or tablet. However, I just got the Kindle Fire HD and have been playing several of the AB games on it, and I have two questions. First, is there a way to indicate on my account here on AB Nest that I use more than one platform, and if so, how? Second, what platform IS a Kindle, anyway? It's not exactly android, is it? Thanks in advance.
  • @u2girl03 At this time, we only have "primary" platform. We have plans to add "secondary" but have a few things higher on the to-do list.

We lump Kindle under "Android Tablet". Perhaps this is a mistake or not entirely accurate, but it makes it simpler when it comes to update releases and things of that nature.
  • I had guessed Kindle was lumped in with Android, and I think that makes sense. I'm sure you stay busy keeping up with the site, so thanks for taking the time to answer so quickly. You guys all do a great job, and I recommend your site to everyone I know that plays Angry Birds. I haven't been using the power ups when playing on the Kindle, so I can post those scores on your leaderboards, right? So far, I've been playing Seasons on PC and other versions, like Rio, on Kindle.

This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!