The Croods Tips and Tricks: Ask Questions, Get Help, Share your Tips (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 5
  • 1347 Comments
  • Does the owl bear and land whale require any food? Usually the trap reveals the food, but wouldn't want to feed them crystals. (Edit: found the post, so berries and leafs respectively.) Then what do you get for each barry/leaf?

Haven't used any crystals(except during the tutorial), but the first berry evolution gives +16 for 50c, the second +12 for 100c, is this less for more continuing when evolving? (I have 157c + ~50objects to remove)

I have evolved the home twice, but you only need to do this to store enough for tasks, was it 100 carrots for the elevator? Will there be another task that requires larger storage?(edit: can see storage for sticks and mud is only 40 and 50 is needed later) The producing houses can apparently hold unlimited finished products, have had 99+ carrots in my house limited to 24 berries. It filled like 40 up in my storage and was still at 99+

Is it just me, or does mud and sticks seem easy to come by for a cave man? Fire or eggs would be more evolved maybe.

Status: played for ~5days, level 13, first set of forklift tasks done, training first sharkodille(~25 attempts with trap), waiting 32h on sharkodille home to build.
  • The links on the original post have the exact amount of coins you get per berry/leaf when feeding Owl Bear or Land Whale, I forget what they are off the top of my head. I would say using the crystals to upgrade berry bush should be primary use, that will allow more to get done between plays. When I was first starting, before I upgraded berry trees, I was actually keeping the game on while driving to work with the game zoomed in on the bush so I could just tap the screen every minute to store the berries 12 at a time. I would not advise doing that but I was happy when I upgraded them because I could get a little bit of my life back.
  • @lostgreybird I'm getting to the point in the game on level 19 where everything I do costs more than 20,000 and that's just to complete a task only partially. It all seems way too much and I've lost my spirit for this game.

If those whales don't mean much and my first berry bush is at 38 already I'm not sure what's better to upgrade a berry bush or get some whales?

I'm thinking of playing this last stretch just a liitle bit of a time each day even of it takes me a few months and that might inform my game decision too.
  • @lostgreybird I think it lacks the information I wanted. A molar bear eats 1 berry and makes 1 carrot. A bonny beast eats 2 berries and makes 1 stone. And so on, what about the owl bear and whale? If 1 leaf gives 200 coins I want a land whale, but if its 1 leaf for 1 coin I don't.
    So they have the ratios molar bear berry:carrot 1:1, bonny beast carrot:stone 2:1, Giralefant carrot:leafs 3:1, Albatroceros leaf:feather 2:1, Crocopup leaf:bone 2:1, Sharkodille bone:fish 3:1 (I guess).
    Maybe it is because both links go to the same spreadsheet when I push them.

Btw the change in berry production was a change in the game, it now goes from 8 to 24 with first evolution and to 38 with the next.
  • Some information for the spread sheet.
    Albatroceros level 1: 64/day
    Molar bear level 3: 60/h, level 4: 68,6/h - home goes through 8/16/24 production.

Maybe you should also include the maximum of the different homes, I mean how meny that can be build, thought the limit was 5, but now I have 6 molar bear homes.
  • @Zorf your right about the links, sorry about that.
    Land Whale - 1 leaf : 50 coins
    Owl Bear - 2 berries : 5 coins

I'll update the original post with this too. Im at the highest level of 21. I can build
    9/9 - Molar Bear Homes
    5/5 - Bunny Beast
    5/5 - Owl Bear
    6/6 - Giralephant
    4/4 - Alberteros
    5/5 - Crocopup
    4/4 - Land Whale
    5/5 - Sharkodile
    3/3 - Fish Cat
    3/3 - Zeaver
  • I could cry or throw things around, I don't know what's happen but somehow I lost 31 crystals in frenzy picking up things and feeding animals, grrr....... This is such unfair from Rovio.
  • @cosmo2503 I'm divided between wanting to buy stuff for the game to finish it up or whether I should not reward Rovio for their very bad behavior. Waves finger.
  • @lostgreybird just wondering... since you listed them as not just 3, 5, 9 etc, but rather 3/3, 9/9... do you have all homes?
  • In regards to crystals, unless something happens on lvl 21 that I'm not aware of, it's not THAT big a deal to spend some after you have upgraded and caught the "low" level bushes and akimals. I see no real use of them anymore. So don't worry overly if all the initial humps are sorted.
  • @vattie they are all being built except for the zeaver and fish cat but I don't have animals in them
  • Lvl21 zvr home in progress. My tip/suggestion maximize soup production. The berry bushes cannot supply 9 bear so max 8 can stay full and producing with leftovers for soups. Stones feathers create only when stores are getting full. I recommend 6 carrot makers/6 leaf makers both maxed in homes and production. Then 4 bone producers maxed speed only improve home as required by tasks. 4 fish producers 3 mud 3 stick( I think not there yet) and only improve the houses for tasks. As a balance is achieved. With six carrots x24 the berries max out at 150 roughly created during same time this is slightly more carrots than needed for 6 elephants maxed out to produce 5leaves each. Enough to feed 4 sharks making 1 bone each 2 bones makes 1/3 fish all during one cycle of 150 berry. Mud 1/5 sticks unknown. The berry bushes make the system run. The owl/whale are wasted resources. Fastest progress is achieved by resources gathered not tasks completed this way. But this is a full time job. For best results. Just turn it off often and allow accumulation at the animals. They are better than storage as even after99+ they have accurate count and no penalty only the berry cannot be accumulated this way. Once cycle is working and everyone has max food turn it off. Take break. Catch back up tomarrow. Build multiple homes when possible. As the time is the same for 1 or three and then fill the first upgrade the last. Thus production is never slowed. Soup up for leaves as they become the bottleneck. Good luck
  • The problem I'm running in to now is that leaves are in 2/3 recipes for Ugga's each time. So I have to choose wether I want to make bones/fish/mud/sticks or soup. It's kind of frustrating and making it harder to accumulate soup. Anyone else?
  • I´m also there and if you trash trees you get crystals (but not so many). The whale thing is not important to get, it only gives you money.
  • @Bad Piggies
    Only money? Um, the Zeaver costs about 45,000 which will take me 3 more days to get with that mere money.
  • Tips? I could only think about stocking all items as much as possible. Maybe someone else has posted this tips, because I didn't see the entire discussion. Start by Berries, the Carrots, Leaves, etc.
    Then give it to Grug (if Grug needs an item you don't have, finish Granny's chores to level up first)
  • I uninstalled game on Friday. After playing for over 3 hours, trade with Ugga and accumulate over 65k in coins (I have 25k when I started), leveling up one of my shark to level 4 (one was already at 4 and one at 2), leveling my second croc to level3, I lost connection and had to turned off iPad, after I turned it on again and start game I realized that I was back to 45k in coins one level lower for shark and one level lower for croc. I realized that playing The Croods consumed too much of my real life last two weeks and just plain lost of my hard 3 hours work was enugh for me to decide to delete game and GC datas.
    Yeah, that's all.
  • @cosmo2503 I don't know how you accumulated 20,000 coins in 3 hours. That takes me an entire day to do.
  • @easaideee I had tons of goods to trade with Ugga and traded all day. After I started buliding house for Zeaveer I had 25k then I play about 6-8 hours on Friday to accumulate to 65k, wanted to start my third catfish home and evolve sharks home and then above described thing happen.
  • @cosmo2503 You are only back by one busy day. You can always reinstall the game if you want.
  • Finished forklift. Nothing happens, he doesn't even lift the rock. It just says The Croods adventure will continue soon. Now level up your creatures. Now all I've got a the forklift thing built next to the rock and that's it. It's sad that I'm really toying with the idea of wasting my time even more and leveling up all of my characters completely
  • Oh @lostgreybird it sounds even worse then losing some 40k coins after only a day (couple hours actually). Now I am happy that I haven't spend all weekend playing it and that I uninstalled it on Friday.
    I was really hoping that those kids would join the family after Grug build forklift. I could even say that's mean, they made player to play 3 weeks and at the end nothing spectacular happen. I am dissappointed.
  • @lostgreybird ? It specifically instructs you to level up tour creatures?
  • Yep. Also the rock diagram of creatures shows the next creature will eat sticks
  • @easaideee - its says "Your Croods' adventure will soon continue! Stay put for the update! Meanwhile level up your creatures!
  • @lostgreybird wasn't this what you wanted? Start playing right when the game is released so you are ready for the update.

Well I like my whale, though 1000 coins in 6 hours does seem a little slow compared to ugga, but I get a good price for the leafs, which I have a ton of. But you can waste them by filling it up to soon, even if only 1 coin is missing, you can fead it one leaf. I used my 'last' crystals levelling the second bush so they both are at 24, even though I often store berries, this does give an easier start of the day.
  • @zorf it was what I wanted. It's all time based so I wanted to be as far as possible as soon as possible. I just wish we got to see what was under the rock. Like the "elevators" we worked so hard to complete it to see where it took us and we got that little cinematic for completing it. Maybe a hint of what's coming next, some sort of little Easter egg, as a "great job"
  • @lostgreybird Now when you have completed the forklift, how does it look if you click on Grug´s Inventions?
  • When you click on him it says "new adventures coming soon" and the forklift itself just has 2 smaller pieces of wood on each side tied on with vines. It looks like a 2 pronged level
  • I know it must sound dumb at this point, but I'm on level 6 and I don't have a clue about how to get feathers from the albatroceros. Please help me.
  • Wow. I like this
  • Feed the Albatronoserous leaves from the Girelephant who eats carrots from the molar bear who eats berries
  • @Yalid -- There is a stone diagram near the cave that shows the food chain; also I think you can tell by clicking on the creature. I deleted game a while ago, so can't check, but I'm sure it's on first page or in some of the comments. Good Luck.
  • This game is driving me crazy. I'm on level 21 for more than a week. 191 hours to build a zeaver home. 120 hours to evolve a fish cat home to level 2. I built the zeaver trap 10 days ago, and still can't catch it. I don't have 50 crystals as I used them to evolve the second berry bush. Does anyone know how much time do I have to wait until the zeaver can be traped? Or how much time it takes to eat a fish before going to its home? I so want to delete the game, as I'm sick to wait so many hours/days.
  • times to create stuff is all on the 2 links in the original post
  • I'm gonna throw myself into the discussion.. :)

I've never played these types of game before, but know a lot of people gut stuck in them, and me included now. :)

Got 66h left on the zeaver home with the zeaver already tamed (made the same mistake with the catfish, though I found out it's quite nice to have that waiting-time to build homes (which cost the most) and then tame all the animals for the homes. After the zeaver home is finished the big hunt for sticks begin! :)

I thought "accumulate 50 fish" (for example) meant gather in total not depending if you spend them, but i'm well over 50 in total by now and no chore finished, so i guess you have to gather 50 and keep them in the cave before i spend them to get the chore.

Some other thoughts and requests about the game: (maybe @mvnla2 could pass this on too p vesterbacka?)

Zoom-out button or a whole zoom-out function to see your whole "kingdom" (it would be nice to see how you can rearrange your homes to a nice formation and to have a overlook what happens with the homes and "rewards" from them).

Request for a button where you can fill up a home to the limit with one click. i guess the gameplay is based on a lot of work with filling up the homes with food, but after a while it gets so timeconsuming and boring to (for example) fill up the molarbear homes to the limit..

and lastly, i like the game a lot! once you get past the fact that it takes a quite a while to complete the tasks and have the patience to wait it's quite fun!
  • How do you help Grud to build the 1st elevator got me stumped im on level 9
  • I do have patience to wait, as long as I know the time. But after 242 HOURS trying to trap the zeaver without knowing how long do I have to wait without using 50 crystals that I don't have anyway, it's really getting annoying. (I build the trap at te same time I started to build its home, which finished building 51 hours ago)

Meanwhile I evolved all homes, souped up all creatures, I have the cave full (except the sticks), 99+ food stored on each creature as I stopped trading with Ugga 4 days ago after I lost more than 100 soups because the cave is full. I still have 140k coins which at the moment can't be used on anything. At this point, this game is no longer fun for me.
  • @AriAnge: Doesn't the zeaver tell you how long it will be eating for? Then do that 3 times and it should be tamed.

@Paddy: you click on Grug and give him what he wants. In () below is shown how much you have in the cave, if you don't have enough, get some more.

I'm waiting for the money to buy the cat fish home and running out of space for fish, so I'm ready :-)
  • Sorry if I didn't express myself properly, english is not my first language.
    I do not have the zeaver in the "pen" or whatever that place is called, so I have no idea how long it takes to eat 3x fish. It's still near the trap that I built days ago. Each time I click on the arrow above the trap, the 2X four leaf clover and Grug's red head appear, then the zeaver goes away and another one comes near the trap. It didn't happen with any of the other creatures until now. I could put them inside the pen, before their homes finished building without using any crystals, sometimes just 2x coins.
    And there is no timer to tell you how long you have to wait...
  • @antwan83 -- Sorry to hear that you're trapped. I deleted the Croods game a few days after it came out; it's the only way do deal with Croods-addiction. So I can't check, but can't you zoom using 2 fingers to see at least a whole area? I don't think you can move creatures and homes between areas, but you might be able to move extra stuff.
    I contact Peter Vesterbacka through Twitter, so it's not a good way to send long suggestions. I could send link to this forum.
  • @mvnla2 yeah, I should have done that as well.. ;) yes, you can zoom out a bit, but not enough in my opinion, it's not a big deal, but I would feel better with a slightly "bigger" overview. the inzoom is really in no need at all, it would be better the other way.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Edit: I guess we oldies that are playing are a minority, so the inzoom is probably meant for the younger players that like to see stuff in detail? who knows..
  • @antwan83 -- Tweet sent to Vesterbacka. Will let you know if I get a response. Best not to hold your breath.
  • @mvnla2 hehe, thanks. I don't expect they will react, but worth a shot.
  • @ariange zeaver takes 19hrs and 11 min per 3 fish to tames. I think you need to feed him 3 times
  • @antwan83 I second the zoom out feature, it kills me. I just started playing Hay Day by Supercell and I love it. It's similar to Croods but they have some features I wish Rovio would use.

One obviously is the zoom feature. The other is that when you go to feed an animal you click on it and then your options pop up real quick, then you drag which food you want over the animal and it loads it up until you release. Right now the only option for me is to upgrade with soup so I'm stuck going back to the game routinely and just trading all the food around 1 press at a time. To me it's a huge flaw and has made me not want to go back because it can seriously take me 5 or more solid minutes to accomplish.
  • @AriAnge: that's alright, English not my first language either. Well a trap will eventually work, you just have to keep trying.

You can move homes and animals between areas, I only use the top area, have the rock and feather producers in the second. And I have placed all the carrot producers between the 2 berry bushes, when zoom all out (the little you can) I can just see both in the screen, so I move a little less around to feed them.
  • Thanks for this thread! I'm on level 21 but still have a lot of chores not completed.

Since I can't level up anymore, and xp is the main reward for completing chores, does anyone know if I continue to complete chores and claim the reward, will I lose the xp points? I accidentally completed one already but haven't claimed the reward. That treasure chest icon is just begging to be claimed, even accidentally.
  • Tweet got a response!
    MVNLA @MVNLA 07 Apr
    @pvesterbacka Anyone at Rovio checking the ABN Croods forum for comments / suggestions? angrybirdsnest.com/forum/discussi…

Peter Vesterbacka @pvesterbacka
    @MVNLA I'm sure we do, but let me check into that
  • @AriAnge How do you have 140,000 coins? I have to go back to zero coins after making a large purchase. So that is a lot. It would take me 2 weeks to make that much.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!