Error: Texture is too large
  • Hi,
    I downloaded Angry Birds from Intel AppUp store on my PC.

But I got an error message:
    Texture is too large: 2048 x 2048, maximum supported size: 1024 x 1024

My computer specs:
    MSI x320 laptop
    Intel Atom Z530 1.6Ghz
    RAM 2Gb
    Intel GMA 500 integrated graphics

I tried to update the graphic card driver to the latest version, but I still get the same error code.

I tried to open config.lua with the notepad, and put fullscreen = false but I still get the error.

Thanks for your support.
  • 18 Comments
  • I know you said you tried updating your graphic drivers, but did you do it through Windows Update? I know some people have had success that way.
  • Yes, I went into Windows Update, and all updates are installed.
  • What OS are you on? Windows 7, XP?
  • Windows 7 - Home Premium Edition
    32 bits
  • Try these two things and report back:

1. Launch Angry Birds through AppUp, not by clicking the icon. This has a low probability for success, but worth a try.

2. Right click the Angry Birds icon and select "Properties". Now click the "Compatibility" tab and under "Compatibility mode" toggle on "Run this program in compatiblity mode for, "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)".

Let's see what happens.
  • Hi.
    I tried these 2 solutions, but I still get the same error.

Thanks for your help.
  • Do you run dual monitors by chance?
  • No.
    It's a laptop.
  • Sorry, I wish I could have been able to solve the problem. If I were you and had the time I might try to completely uninstall my video drivers and reinstall them from scratch. I know that's a lot of work though.
  • The Intel GMA500 chipset doesn't support OpenGL 2.0, which is required for this game, sorry! Source: http://www.intel.com/support/software/stores/appupwn/sb/CS-032248.htm
  • Hello. I just got the same error and i don't know what to do now :(

I have windows xp, 512 ram, geforce 5200 videocard.
  • Im getting the same problem i have tied both the ways bt still im getting that error :(
  • Which solutions have you tried?
  • i read somewhere that netframework 3.5 might resolve the problem, but nothing. can u help pls?
  • hey, maybe this way can help u:
    First, open Angry Birds' system directory. Then open config.lua with notepad, edit the resolution
    width = 1024
    height = 600
    Good Luck!!
    :D
  • check it out:
  • I tried all that possible with my display driver & settings and finally I could get away with resetting the 3D settings to default. :)

Click on Intel GMA for Mobiles icon, go to Graphics properties, 3D settings , Restore default. Simple and worth a try...

• Just go to "Program Files/Rovio/Angry Birds/" and open the file "config.lua" then change the number next to "width" with 1024 and then the number next to "height" with 600, save the file, now your game should work fine.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!