Angry Birds Seasons Winter Wonderham: Intel Blue Egg Levels
  • 54 Comments
  • Did you hit anything before you got the levels? I'm on iPad and can't see it
  • No, the egg popped up on the "Advent Calendar" screen when I opened door #5.

It does seem to be Android only ATM, but I am wondering if it is any more restricted than that. So far the only Android users to mention their device both have a Samsung Galaxy phone, this does not mean it is Galaxy only, but until someone with a non Samsung/Galaxy phone posts we won't know.
  • They are avail on both my nook and lg vortex android phone. Looks like android only not just samsung.
  • I guess these cool Intel levels are only gift for Android players in all AB games (with expection free DZ for Samsung and Samsung eggsteroid). I hopthat iPad players will open gift too on some of levels yet to come.
  • I am looking forward to see a surprise Level for iOS Users :-)
  • We are looking into this. It is unlikely that we will add leaderboards or walkthroughs since it is not widely available. (In a similar way, we do not have a leaderboard entry for the Samsung Galaxy Golden Eggsteroid in AB:Space.)
  • God, level 2 is hard. I hate levels with stone structures and WB only. @cmrdbond could you please describe how did you finish level 2?
  • @cosmo2503, I am sitting at 112k, 3 stars, on level 2. I was able to do it with 2 birds.

First, over the first structure and drop egg on hollow square. Got lucky, debris fell on tnt and it took out entire left side,

Second, flat trajectory into left side of right structure. drop egg at last second and aim white bird at the pig in a box. this should take out remaining pigs on right.

Note: this is an unstable level. The brick on the very top right will some times fall to the right taking out the presents yeilding an additional 10 to 12 k. My score is without that.
  • @cosmo2503, It can be done with 1 bird (117k so far with the presents untouched).
    High lob to the right of the left tower, drop low so the carcass goes into the right structure.
  • I have 3 starred 1 and 3, so far. 2 stars on 2 and 4. I agree with you @cosmo2503, level 2 is killing me. I have been doing something similar to @sparty83's strategy, but stuck at 102k. Back to flinging for a bit. Good luck everyone!
  • @crazyrider, I just came back to post the same advice:). It took two birds for me - 116890. First one just like you described, but needed second bird to finish right side. The first bird bomb just slightly to the right of the hollow square sets off the tnt quite nicely! Now, for level 4. Any ideas, anyone?
  • @wanda, sitting at 132k with this method.

First: Aim for the snow triangle on the right. Take it out and activate the bird to lift as much as possible on the right side killing the helmetted pig. the 3 suspended pigs will fall to the left detonating the tnt. Almost got a 1 birder this way.

Second: mop up the left side.
  • 1. 1 bird to centre of structure.

2. I think was a very lucky 1 bird - high arc and drop egg on the diagonal to detonate TNT.

3. 1 bird fire backwards, slightly up and activate immediately.

4. 2 birds I think, may have been a luck 1 bird, either way aim at exposed end of upper horizontal wood in nearest tower, 2nd to clear if required.

HTH.
  • @CmdrBond, anyone else: Are the pics above shown in order level 1 to 4 from top to bottom? Would help me with listing self-destruction on levels 2 and 3 reported by TAS and Sparty. I can't play these levels.
  • Yes, they are in order 1-4, I thought it made sense to post them in order.

I should have numbered them too.
  • Thanks for confirmation. It helps me write description if I know what it looks like.
  • Thanks @sparty83 and @cmdrbond. Got 3 stars on level 4 now. It wasn't pretty, but it's done :) . I had trouble getting the snow square up in the right side structure to break.. who knew snow could be so stubborn?

On level 2, I just got 126510. I sent the third bird over to the right side, even though all pigs were already popped. The presents and the stone blocks were still there, so I thought I could get more than 10 k that way.

Thanks for all the help, guys!
  • @amslimfordy, I can try to make some, but as you have seen by a few of the vids I have posted, they are not the greatest. I don't have, or know of, a video capture app for Android. Also, my phone is not rooted and if I don't have to, I would prefer not to.
  • @sparty83 While I won't promise that we will use them, if you are willing to help us out, we'd greatly appreciate it. Recording the "old school way" is perfectly fine for now.
  • @CmdrBond I tweaked the code in your "Image/Strategy" post to decrease loading time. I hope you don't mind.
  • A few strats of my own:
    Level 1: 140k with 1 bird, aim just under the glass triangle in the middle of the structure, if it falls down the gap you can clear the level.
    Level 2: 127k with 1 bird, high lob just to the right of the left structure, drop just after the hollow square block and the carcass of the bird goes into the right structure destroying it (of course the egg triggers the TNT).
    Level 3: 145k with 1 bird, reverse Remi shot just under the 3 stones on the left, destroying everything.
    Level 4: 141k with 3 birds, aim just under the horizontal plank on top of the right structure, clearing the right side. 1 or two birds to clear the left side, the first one to the middle and the second one to the bottom.
    Does anyone has better strats, I,d really like to know.
  • Level 4 was tough for me - but got 130K (three stars) with your strat. Only had one pig left after first toss. Someone will get the one birder.
  • Actually i saw the intel egg on the pc data files, so they'll be for pc!
  • @Paperpig Not necessarily. ME and Powerups are in ABo's PC data files, but are they on PC? Nope!
  • @PaperPig, indeed @AngryBirdsFanGuy438 is correct. The data files are pretty much universal. Seeing the data file on PC only indicates that the file exists for some platform.
  • I completed and get three stars on all four levels
    level 1 - 129520
    level 2 - 116100
    level 3 - 135850
    level 4 - 126240
    Thanks to all for advices onlevel 2, I was completely stuck aiming left side trying to detonate TNT. I am finished for today, my battery is at 20%. Tommorow I will play for higher scores. Levels are cool indeed and I especially love 4.
  • Seeings how us Android users got some bonus levels, I guess I can't complain anymore about how it seems (just my opinion) like Rovio treats Andriod like second class citizens and gives preference to iOS.
  • I'm betting that since Apple does not use Intel chips they preferred not giving Intel free promotion.
  • Awww Id get the egg but dat looks kool :( I guess it's just 4 android phone users or Samsung galaxy users aww :(
  • Rovio gives the best benefits to users of IOS. (Leaderboard, AppCenter, awards and is the first platform where updates launch) But that is rare today given benefit to Android users
  • @PlayDBird - Actually, Apple uses Intel processors for most of their systems, just not mobile devices (iPod, iPad)
  • @CmdrBond - When you click the blue egg to activate, does it just take you to the Ultrabook adventure Facebook app? I don't know much about Android, sorry.

I was just wondering if you could compare the URLs with the regular game. Wondering if the page with the 4 bonus levels could be accessed by anyone with the URL..
  • I agree that these are great levels (well, maybe not 1-3). And it's awfully nice as an Android user to get a special treat that iOS doesn't for a change!

1-1: 142300
    Two birds. Send the pink bird right above the first Santa hat pig and through the ice planks, letting it drop down into the gap and activate on its own, lifting and destroying most of the left side. Then attack the destabilized remainder of the structure with the blue bird; I sent it so that one birdlet went through the lower of the two short vertical ice planks and another hit the concrete block right below it, but I'm not sure how much it matters. I got unusually good destruction on both shots when I got my highest score, but the principle is sound, I think.

1-2: 125690
    I had 123k before with a different approach (attack the right structure, then the left), but I couldn't replicate it, and I got 125k quite easily with the one-bird strategy you all have suggested. Thanks. You can get 11-12k with the second bird by bombing just to the right of the presents, but I didn't bother - it's too easy to mess it up, and the gain is pretty minimal.

1-3: 137570
    One bird. I didn't bother with the reverse Remi shot. I just sent the first bird straight to about where the bottom concrete block meets the wood block below it, then crossed my fingers and hoped for good destruction. I haven't figured out how to make the entire bottom part of the left structure fall, but it's necessary for good scores.

1-4: 141760
    Two birds. Send the first bird through the top part of the snow triangle and let the bird self-activate, destroying the whole right structure and detonating the TNT. Unfortunately, this usually doesn't leave you with any good choices for the second shot. You definitely need the little snowblock to be destroyed by flying debris from the first shot, but that tends not to be sufficient if you want the second bird to destroy most of the remaining material for a good score. When I got my highest score, the left structure luckily also collapsed on the first bird, and I nearly had a one-birder for about 145-148k; the pig-containing wooden square from the left structure didn't quite break. I had to lift it and some residual stone blocks to finish off, but the score was still very good. Without this result from the first bird, the best I've done is 136k. Any ideas for a more consistent second shot would be appreciated.

I feel like someone should maintain a leaderboard in this thread if enough of us Android users are interested. (I rarely visit the forums, so I don't think I'd be a good candidate.)
  • @sparty83 maybe this will help you to record your screen:
    http://yagyagaire.blogspot.com/2012/06/record-screen-of-android-phone-on-your.html?m=1
    I've already post this on boris's forum, so I post it again if you didn't read it before. Maybe i'll try to record this when i have a spare time (i'm really busy cause this week is test week)
  • @birds, You're a genius! Found the software listed in the article, downloaded and installed. It took a bit, but I figured it out and I am now able to record video from my phone.

@amslimfordy, I am in the process of re-recording the Intel levels. The video quality is MUCH better thanks to Birds. And the file sizes are much smaller also.
  • @dr-omega, these level is in app level, it do not connect to where, see screenshoot above.
  • Thanks @sparty83. Keep me posted. It looks like Wanda may have some videos as well, in which case -- well, maybe we can use both!
  • @amslimfordy, I sent a new one. Let me know if you like it and I can send the other 3.
  • I just saw @sparty83's comment. Glad you found something that works. I am trying to record the levels now. I'll email them to you, @slim, if that's ok? I emailed one to myself and it played pretty well.
  • @sparty83, do you like that software? I wish I had seen it yesterday, before I spent so much time trying to get root access on my phone:). Good luck with your videos!
  • @wanda, Yes I do. Only had to download 2 pieces of software to my pc (no drivers for the phone, they loaded automatically when connected via usb) and 1 app to my phone. NO ROOT required! Although in the instructions, it states that you phone needs to be in "Charge Only" mode under Connectivity. That didn't work for my phone. I had to set mine to "Windows Media Sync" to be able to connect via usb and see the screen. I could even control my phone (launch apps, settings, etc) from my pc.
    I was able to play birds just like normal and record it on my pc.
  • @sparty83 that sounds better to me, now that I think about it :). I will give it a whirl. My method seems to be a bit more complicated than necessary (story of my life!:) ). Thanks for the help.
  • @sparty83's look great, but I also won't object to more vids and more strategies!
  • I think Rovio made these unavailable on Apple as a personal favor to @AMslimfordy due his stated aversion to all-white bird levels like #2.
    :-)
  • @sparty83 I am sending you a detailed PM, because I am having technical difficulties :). Thanks for all of your help.
  • @wanda, got it and replied. hope it helps. Let me know in a pm. I may not get a chance tonight to help out, but i can tomorrow if need be.
  • @AMslimfordy
    You guys have leaderboard rankings for the Free Apple only editions which aren't available on Android, why not the other way around?
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!