Angry Birds Anonymous Page 7
  • 562 Comments
  • @Bird-addict I'm sorry but I agree no way our surfcow will be caught dead giving it up here!! LOL Maybe an intervention someday eh?! ;D
  • @mvnla2 , I primarily play AB on my phone, that's where I have all 5 versions and where my scores come from that I post on ABN. She might have a difficult time prying my phone from my hands!

But I also play AB on Facebook and there is NO way she will be able to keep me from a computer. At home I have 2 desktops and 2 laptops, plus she has a nook that has AB, AB:Seasons and AB:Rio on it.

So it looks like it would be a cold day in, well, you know where, before I am free of AB and ABN!
  • @sparty83 -- All the more reason you need practice going without your electronics IV. What will you do when you have a power outage?
  • Erm @mvnla2 unless and until my electronics lose power there's no way in h e double ll toothpicks I'd go without and it looks like @sparty83 is in the same camp as me! And can we say full on panic and anxiety attacks would insue, kinda like when ABN went down for repairs and the big move!! And out of curiosity how long have you gone without any electronics? And how did that work for you? Any panic or anxiety?? No AB either? I'm getting panicky just thinking about it!!!
  • @mvnla2, I go without electronics for at least 6 to 8 hours every day. (sometimes I can sleep a little longer)
  • Oohhh its 2a.m. Gotta sleep..gotta fling..gotta sleep..gotta fling
    *ooh yea meds..ahh* forgot today to take em'
    Night all..
  • That's right @sparty83!! Good thinking, we do go without electronics everyday!! Ha see we aren't that bad off!! ;)

@Kathy I hate when I forget to take my meds! Throws me totally off! ;) At least you remembered before it was tooooo laaaate!! WAHAHAHAAAHA NOT!! Sleep well so we can kill piggies again tomorrow!! :D
  • Go without electronics? GO WITHOUT ELECTRONICS?

This forum has taken an ugly turn toward the dark side of the Force.
  • LOL @78RPM :D Have you noticed mvnla2 never answered back? I do believe she's never done it herself (except when she loses her Internet due to some probs which isn't the same as doing it on purpose and I'm pretty sure she can still use her phone and at least play AB) and is trying to rile us all up, and it's working!! Oooh or maybe she wants to have others share her pain of losing the Internet so regularly of late?

Hey @mvnla2 I really do feel your pain, my computer has been on/off again a lot lately too! If it wasn't for my iPhone I'd have been sent to the loony bin by now!! So much for a high priced stronger wifi connection! It's worse than the weaker one!! :( I am curious as to why you haven't answered when you pretty much comment everywhere in the nest? Are you trying to rile all us addicts up mvnla2? You naughty woman you!!! ;D
  • @all Sorry, didn't know you were expecting a response. I've been pretty busy with real life today. So have I ever willingly gone without electronics when I wanted to use them? Umm, maybe not. But I have gone without them for days at a time (with power / internet failures) and survived. Gave me a real appreciation for how much we depend on electronics, let alone basic electricity. I've also gone with very limited internet access while on vacation, and just had to deal with it.
    Well, I don't think Sparty's steps are the same as AA. In AA don't you pledge to give up the evil addiction? Not sure what step that would be.
  • @mvnla2 Welcome Back!! :D Now you mention it BEFORE AB and the Nest I'd go sometimes weeks without using the Internet and yeah your right we had a black out a few years back after a really bad storm for 4 or 5 days with no electricity and you definantly learn how much you depend on oh little things like refrigerators and other such electricity using devices!! Not a fun thing to go through!! As to AA your right about the steps there, but I think this is a group more of support of your AB addiction and less about leaving it behind, at least that's what it's become IMO ;) Better to help eachother through the crisis of going without or over indulging than seeing one of our own ending up permenantly stuck in the loony bin!!! :)
  • Just wondering if this has happened to anyone.

Your playing AB (any of the 5 versions, doesn't matter which) and you are trying to improve a score. You have been playing for just a short time, oh, 3 or 4 hours. You have finally figured out the level but just haven't put together the shots. Then, you phone (or tablet) beeps at you warning you about "Low Battery". You dismiss it because you just got a new phone and you figure you have at least 15 to 20 minutes before you have to go and find your charger. Well, your 2 birds into the level and doing better than you have ever done. You pull back on the 3rd bird, line him (or her) up and.......
    Your phone powers down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quickly scrambling for the charger, plugging it in and restart the game, only to find that it completely shut down and your previously great level is gone!

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone. Me, noooo, never. (I play with my phone plugged in to avoid this)
  • OMG I keep going from @Kathys Rthingy to crying @sparty83 to think of the horror!! Of course I've had this scenario play out but it was a bloody phone call that mucked up my beautiful shot!! And that's why the tears!! iPads are sounding better and better to me!! It's just you can hide your phone so easily and an iPad even a mini doesn't fit in your pocket no matter how big said pocket may be!! You know for those times your Not supposed to be playing......WHAAAAA I didn't mean me!! I meant a True AB addict!!!!
  • I see the logic but just like I'm hooked on the birds, I'm also hooked on the iPad now. I started AB on my phone. Then moved to an android galazy 7" (small enough to carry in my bag). Gave my galaxy to my mom and graduated to the iPad. I'll never go back now that I know what I was missing. As for being able to "hide" an iPad, it's not necessary. You can have several different work-related windows and apps open at once without slowing down play. And if you have to close out of the app, it opens quickly at the same spot you left. (With the galaxy I had to wait for the app to reopen, then choose the game and level I was working on - each time, even when jumping between the nest and the app - really annoying.)
  • Hey guys, here's a novel way to temporarily curb our incessant need to kill pigs, let's all go out to lunch!
  • during my winter break, i no longer have the intention of getting 3*. so i have tried to keep it like that until the urge has fully passed and I have successfully climbed through the steps and have made it to step 8(hopefully nearing step 9 soon)
  • @leggy -- I'm not sure anyone other than @angryboy claims to have gotten past step 1.
    Angryboy-- Step 8, really, Wow! So does that mean we won't see much of you on ABN either?
  • @leggy welcome to ABA! And if you've gotten to step #2 well then your doing better than all of us erm with the exception of angryboy who seems to be fully or almost fully over his addiction, so I'd say Nope that's not a bad thing if your happy!! :)

@angryboy maybe that's why we aren't seeing so much of you nowadays? Sounds like your almost completely anti AB, I'd say good for you but bummer for us as you may drop off the radar of ABN now that you don't care much for AB games anymore. It's a sad day when one of our own hits the full 9 steps and moves on!! :( Very sad indeed!! *sniff sniff unghhgnh siiiigghhhh* can someone hand me some tissues? I'm feeling very sad about now!! :( Don't want to lose angryboy to the real world......whaaaaaaaaa *sniff sniff* :(
  • @mvnla I've been trying to cut down on ABN time, but I'm not leaving ABN(well, not any time soon). @kimmiecv I still love AB games, I'm just trying to cut down on playing time for AB's and ABN, I couldn't think of fully leaving this community
  • I'm still struggling with Step 1. Not sure how Angryboy to to Step 8. I know that Step 4 will be the most difficult for me.

Step 4: Admitted to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

Not sure I could ever admit that playing AB is wrong!
  • Ooooh I limit my time of playing AB!!! Erm does it count if I limit it too every spare moment I'm not breathing or sleeping?
  • Hahaa good point @leggy!! ;D Hehheh can't stop playing AB! Do miss my books though! Tried to do both but I couldn't concentrate on my book for thinking hmmm I'm missing out on getting that avg up on so and so!! I do look longingly at said books in passing but that's as close to them as I've gotten since July of last year!! I've decided it gives my fav authors a chance to get a few books out so I'll have lots to read when I finally get there!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!! Yep less pressure for the authors, you know so they have enough time to write those books I stare at in passing! Yep that's the story!! Along with a prayer they don't play AB cause uh oh there goes the time I've given them to write those books!! :D
  • @kimmiecv what are you doing in the nest in the middle of the day??? have you no shame? (me either) As for books, I always have one going. I'm currently into bk 2 of a trilogy.
    Hi @leggy! I think you have the right idea - I just need to view the steps from a different perspective and then maybe I'll get farther than Step #1. Of course I'd be concerned that Dr Feelgood would be inclined to lower my dosage! That just wouldn't do. Although with @kimmiecv behind me I suppose I really don't need to worry. Dr Feelgood loves kimmie but her also fears her. He's kinda partial to the head he's currently using. Lol
  • LOL @Bird-addict I'm in the Nest from the time I almost get up until my pillow walk most days :D And your right about your meds Ha No worries there! The Doc does seem to like his current head!! ;D Love the blurp you put up toooo funny!! As to shame erm I will look it up in the dictionary and get back to you!! LOL
  • Ever notice how, once you join ABA, you get lots of adds at the top of the page for placed to go to cure you addiction? That's how I found out about Duffy's Napa Valley Treatment Center, and just noticed another one today. Big Brother (not the bird) is watching.
  • @leggy I never said I was a fast reader...and it's true, I have to walk away from laughing pigs (more like run away) and make a quick transition into reading while hearing the voices, "just one more time, just one more time, just one...". Not a easy task! Maybe I should give myself an ABA medal. As for how long, well...I purchased book 2 at about 2 am on the 23rd! So when I posted that I was "currently into book 2" I had just started it. Currently in chapter six. Can't say what page that is (in the physical book) because I changed the font on my reader. I used to have 2 or 3 books going at one time. However there's just too many pigs to kill for that now! lol
  • I have noticed that @mvnla2 and it's kinda creepy/funny!

@leggy I've been an avid reader since I found books at 15 years old, before AB I had a book glued to me at All times! Having said that since I started playing AB and now with the Nest as well I haven't picked a book up since I tried to do that and AB at the same time! And nope I have about a dozen authors that I Love so that's not it. I usually would read when I came out for a smoke break, I'm usually painting inbetween and now it's AB games and the Nest that take my outside time up! I'm hoping eventually ill figure out how I can do both, maybe 1 break flinging the next reading....after I get avgs that's what I'm thinking! Yeah after avgs for sure.......
  • OMG!! I gotta go..running S,,-15 can't let it time out..can't let phone overheat (( hmm) I'll put out in the freezer yep ..can't let battery die Oohh poor @sparty83:(
    To many horror story ..I'll bee back..promise..as soon as
    Ohh hey does anyone know can i fling in another episode while space is running just curious #\* flinging finger twitches* ) not a big deal if i can't..I'll just ujmm what do you call it?
    Those things they are square..have a bunch of words..ohhh what is it..good pastime....no worries I'll think of it!! Ohh or maybe I'll put all these broken picture pieces together, duh no wonder it broke who makes pictures out of cheap cardboard, funny they broke cleanly like you could piece them back together if given some thought...o.k just popped in to make sure you addicts were all well and taking your meds..:)
    Don't worry bout me I'm o.k *thumbs up *
    Rushes back to space....see ya!!;)
  • @Kathy I wouldn't go there! If its anything like my phone it'll dump you out of space if you hit another AB app! Not worth taking the chance!! I keep meaning to remember to play space before I hit bed but I forget and it takes a while to get the glitch going and 9xs out of 10 it doesn't last long! :/ Gotta hand it to you I just can't do it! I gotta fling and not being able to drives me nutters in the extreme! The fact you can come to ABN is awesome! If I did that I'd be lucky the app didn't close out on me like it usually does! :( Hence why I'd only do it before bed!! Good luck I hope this one does it!! :)
  • Well @Kimmiecv i admit its not easy lol..i found its ok to come to forum..but your right i will not take the chance on opening another app..i hit over the 150k Mark so if out times out i will get the 170 needed for badge but if i have to shoot another bird at an unseen target what do i do* bites nails*
  • Hi @all - I know I am an addict what I'm not sure of is have I found this discussion before? I'm at step one - agree with steps 2- 8 but have decided that I'm not ready. Thought I was when I had 3* all my games and entered said scores on leaderboards but then caved in and bought Bad Piggies and am abysmal at it - so said to self here is an opportunity to move to step 2 then though well maybe I'll just finish Bad Piggies and then move on! (by which time there may be an update in something! )
    ps has anyone else's language deteriorated in direct proportion to number of points left to gain 3*? I'm quite shocked at myself (especially as I tend to swear out loud at home and forget not to do so if flinging on public transport! Hope fellow passengers are either AB addicts or just think I'm a sad old lady who's losing the plot!)
  • LOL @mumsie42 Welcome to ABA!! And no worries we are here to support you!! :) As to your cursing the game in public, well I erm yeah I tend to do that too! For me I just figure they will (in my case) think I maybe forgot to take my meds that day and it's always nice to have more room when playing, so if they move a bit further away well I don't take it personally, I just smile a vacant smile and keep flinging away!! LOL I hope we'll see more of you here, you know as therapy dictates, and you might want to try that vacant smile eh! Nothing like feeding their fears!! Hahahaaa And if they call a bobby on you well I know for a fact you've gotten out of worse scrapes than that!! ie the whole dead body in the trunk thing!! WAHAHAHAAAHA :D
  • just needed to tell you, my fellow avian addicts, that I got the 30 hours achievement for Space this weekend.

help.
  • @birdaddict & @kimmie re books. I used to always have 3 books on the go - one by bed, one downstairs and one in bag. Now with Kindle (& app on iPad) I should be reading more not less but....... Those darn pigs. Just NEED to be killed!
    Having said that I did manage to read 5 books whilst on holiday the best of which was 'The hundred year old man who climbed out of the window and disappeared' Excellent I chuckled so often!
    I keep saying I will read more and finish knitting my cardigan but step 2 needs to be reached first and it just seems sooooo far away!
    @kimmie if I waited til I achieved average instead of just the 3* I would never read again!
  • @hinarei - meds are on their way! But are NOT to be taken after eating crispy pigs ears! Oops I see from BP that means you'll have to wait til tomorrow! Only 17 mins to go!
  • @mumsie42 I'm terribly afraid you've just said it all!! No sooner do I get close to finishing a full game (like Rio) for avgs and think, perfect 1 down annnnd Bam several new levels in an update, I'm back to square 1 and didn't even have time to dust my books off let alone read one!! Hmmmm maybe I go on holiday to a place with no Internet service and violá I have time to read several books............
  • @hinarei OK now you've scared even me!!! 30 hours you say?? Oh boy, yes I think meds may be in order and quickly!! 30 hours erm WOW
  • @Kimmie -- The 30 hrs are cumulative. I'm sure if you played on IOS you would have gotten that achievement before you got 3* on all levels. I got it ages ago.
    The thing that really annoys me is that I feel I've really accomplished something when I get above average on all levels in an episode, but then when I go back, suddenly I below on a whole bunch.
  • @Kimmiecv I have played Space for more than that, but only just got it on IOS :D Space scores didn't survive the port from Android to IOS, so I've had to play 'em again. Not all that bothered about earlier levels (or even DZ) since I did complete them, but Red Planet and Pig Dipper have been where the specific 30hrs came from :)

I'm not that scary. But having it spelled out is quite surprising ;D I will take them meds now, since it's been a while since me pigs ears...

@mvnla2 I will not rest in my pursuit of average! almost above average on every Pig Dipper level...
  • @fellow addicts, I am in NEED of some therapy! Oh where to start? I've already posted my trials in BP then realized this is adhere I need to be. I'm waiting...I'm waiting...I'm getting very impatient! Help me...@Dr Feelgood is it safe to double up my meds? The spouse seems fine as long as I'm flinging...but the #%@4 pig in S-15 just keeps floating around and around - refusing to die! Flinging finger is twitching so bad I can barely type this. (deep breath) sigh. Ok I feel a little better...
  • Oh dear, good luck trying to figure out what I wrote...not used to writing on my phone. darn auto correct. Oh that's a good idea,I can go to the auto correct website for some laughs. That will pass some time.
  • Oooh yeehaaa huh I did get that thingy a loooong time ago! Hmmmm I'd forgotten about it and was seriously thinking you'd been playing 30+ hours straight @hinarei!! Good to know you took wee breaks then!! LOL ;D Hope you got your meds, I like mine! Especially when I remember to take them!! :D Go get em champ!! You can so get above avg! Heck if I can anyone can!!

@mvnla2 honestly that's why I don't bother playing new updates!! Only one Ive ever played as it came out was WW for the advent. It's not worth the hassle only to have to come back and do it all over again!! Unless you just want to hit 3*s then come back for avgs, to me it's like banging your head against the wall, it may sound good at the time of your frustration but at the end of it you just have a big bump on your noggin and a headache that follows you around. Better to throw something unloved at the wall, clean it and move on.

@Bird-addict please don't make me go Gingrich on your butt again!! ;D it's got to time out and at the rate that sucker is going you may take the #1 highest score ever!! LOL That'll teach you to think you never get a glitch now won't it!! Sounds like you may be the new queen of glitches!!! I hope after all this you can stand to let it time out (if it ever does Heehee) cause wouldn't it royally suck if he would have crashed and burned 5 seconds after you gave up!! WAHAHAHAAAHA just a thought! ;D Hmmmm good thing you know I love ya, if you could find me I have a feeling I may have a bump on my noggin and a headache to rival my migraines!! LOL Mwaaaaah ;•
  • Oh man, looks like Rovio is at it again.

On Dec 21, it was announced that there will be an update to RIO, with possibly 15 levels.

Today it was announced that Space will get a Hoth update of 10 to 20 levels.

And for all of us who are obsessed with getting the Anchors Away badge, it looks like something is going to have to give.

@leggy, how are you doing with Step 2?

@angryboy, how are you doing with Step 8?

I am still on Step 1, just can't seem to make to Step 2. (and that Anchors Away badge almost put me over the edge)

Hang in there people, we can get through this!
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!