discussions for PC users Page 2
  • 235 Comments
  • @brave1966 i also have that graphic issues with newer versions of space, sw and seasons :S graphic card is ati radeon 9550.
  • Thanks @srdjan. There is definitely a serious compatibility issue with recent versions and ATI Radeon cards. :(
  • I know, it's very frustrating :( I mean, ok, graphic it's just a little bit sloppy, game is still playable, but it kinda ruins the feeling :S hope they'll fix it :)
  • I started out on Android, but then bought all the PC versions (except Star Wars which is a royal pain so I won't be buying it) and have 3-starred all the levels with the help of this great site. Now I'd like to wipe all my scores out and start again from Level 1, just for fun. I see lots of advice on how to transfer scores, but haven't been able to figure out how to remove them altogether. Even tried uninstall/reinstall, but the scores came back. Any suggestions?
  • Follow the "backup" guides we have, but simply delete the highscore.lua and settings.lua files. (Maybe create a copy of them in some other folder on your computer, just in case you want to revert back some other time.) Note: When you delete settings.lua, you will need to re-enter your activation code, so make sure you still have those emails.
  • Thanks for that info. It's great to have a whole new bunch of levels to play, I can pretend I'd never seen them before!
  • Are there are other PC users for Angry Birds Friends Winter Tournament that are having loading or streaming issues? When I click on app from FB, all of a sudden I don't even get the side scroll bar and the birds are launching rather spastic and uncontrollable. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
  • I'm using PC and I have a bug for AB Space 1.3.1. In level Red planet 30th level when I sent the red bird it suddenly disappeared!! And it keeps on doing it when I send it in a particular path!
  • Restart your computer
  • As expected, with the newest update, graphic problem now occurs in AB original version also. :S
  • @srdjan: Yeppers. Same suspect DLL is now also in ABo. :(
  • If a solution to the problem of the ATI Radeon Display
  • Deleted hiscores file in Angry Birds Original for PC, and I've been happily playing along all the new levels (some of which I didn't even recognise when they appeared), now in about the 5th set - Mining something. Program's developed a fatal disease, on firing up AB I get a strange message about failing to index fluffy or somesuch. Tried to download a fresh copy of AB (obviously something's corrupted) but Rovio have taken the file off their site, pointing me to Intel AppUp which wants to charge me another $5. Rovio haven't responded to my help query, and I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms. Can anyone tell me if there's a workaround?
  • @Kewpie I believe you may be mistaken. I see all apps available on Rovio's site.
  • @Kewpie: It's still there. Use this link to download the v3.0.0 installer.

http://shop.angrybirds.com/us/angry-birds-pc-version.html
  • Thanks for the prompt and helpful responses, both of you (I was just looking at the wrong page). Unfortunately, now that I've done a complete clean install to a different folder (after uninstalling the previous one and rebooting), the same old message appeared. Copied highscores file to backup folder, deleted highscores file, game started up correctly. Copied highscores file back from backup folder, and everything was as it should be. I'm happy now - and very grateful for this site - but have left this comment in case anyone else has a similar problem.
  • @Kewpie: Which version of Windows are you running? Have you installed or uninstalled any other programs or patches recently?
  • Windows7, newish machine, clean install with all updates, everything else and all other AB games working beautifully. I deleted this AB-original highscores file days ago so that I could start playing the whole series again, but it's been working perfectly ever since. One of those unexplainable gremlins, I expect.
  • @Kewpie: Good deal! Glad you were able to fix the problem. :D
  • Looks like there is a trigger problem on Space v1.4.0 for PC. A lot of times, you may not be able to trigger the birds' abilities. Restarting the game or your computer has little effect.
  • i found a work-around for missing pc levels and resulting leaderboard 'penalty'.... there is a free phone emulator called " blue stacks" that enables you to play phone aps on your pc... controls are a bit funky unless you have a true touch screen on your pc... but good enough to get something on those blank scores that eat at you! good also for seeing updates that all are buzzin about whilst you wait the 10 extra days for pc release...(no complaints here...still think rovio gives best bang for buck on web!)
  • why is mighty eagle not released on pc
  • @ab There is no in-app purchasing system yet for PC's version of Angry Birds.
  • Hi all! I'm a PC player too.

I'm quite new player, I started last summer. My husband was playing AB on his iphone and when I tried it once, I had to download all the available full versions on my PC :D I think it's much easier to play on PC if you compare it to for example iphone. Maybe it's because of the bigger screen and that I've used to play with mouse so it's much easier for me that way :)

It would be nice to get all the levels on PC too. I mean those bonus levels and for example some seasons levels are not available on PC. Anyway I'm happy with existing levels and I AB Rio is the only game in which I've completed all the levels with three stars so there's sssooooo much for me to do without those missing levels :D
  • The Angry Birds Space Pig Bang selection screen shows 99 stars possible. I have 3 stared every level including bonus levels, yet I show only 94 stars. Where are the other 4?

UPDATE 1/24/13
    Ahhhh, I am BAD or BLIND!!!! I thought when the 3 stars in the egg were gold that they were done. Didn't see the 3 blank stars below the egg! DUH!!! Sorry and Thank you!!!
  • That's weird. I just checked and for me it shows 99/99 as it should be, 'cause I've got three stars in every level.

In some chapter I had that "problem", but when I went through every level, I noticed that there was couple levels with only 2 stars so that was my bad :D
  • I don't think it matters what platform you're playing on. I think it's more about how much time you spend on playing. The more you play, the more you learn to see the right spots in any level. I'm playing on PC and my husband is playing with his iPhone and he's been playing much longer than I have, but lately I've been playing more and now when we compare our scores, they are pretty much on the same level. I don't play for top scores, though I got one a while ago :) Mostly I'm playing just to beat the averages and to challenge myself. And I just love it when you unlock a new level and you need to try different tactics and think where you sling the birds to get three stars :D

Sorry, this was a reply to some previous comment. My computer is for some reason messed up with the pages :/
  • Here is a little mystery. Did a check of all my Angry Birds games yesterday on my PC (as you do, in hope!). Got a Message on "Space" there was a download available. (Yippee!) Downloaded. Everything went well. But there was nothing new! :-((
    Checked my Rovio files /"Downloads" and found I now had v.1.4.1-up from v1.4.0- and the new file had increased by 1kb only over the old one!
    Anyone have any idea what was going on? Bug correction? If so, I never noticed it in the game.
  • Thanks, Slim, thought it had to be that-still a big disappointment though! :-)
  • The trigger problem is still there in Space v1.4.1. :( Instead of failing 3 of every 4 or 5 tries, it's now about every 2 of 3 or 4.
  • @brave1966 That may be observation bias. According to Rovio, that aspect was not touched one iota during the .1 update.
  • @AMslimfordy: If the trigger problem wasn't touched, what did get fixed in .1?
  • This is said in our update log.
  • @AMslimfordy: Thanks as always for keeping us up to date. :) Any info from Rovio on the Rio PC update (44 days and counting)?

@all: You can safely downgrade from Space v1.4.0/.1 back to v1.3.1 and preserve your existing high scores in order to complete Danger Zone Score Addict. :D (Back up your existing .LUA files just in case.)
  • @brave1966 Nothing official. I suspect they may only release the "Bonus" levels for PC when the full Fruit Market update lands.
  • @all: Space Follow-up: After finishing my DZ quest and 3-starring the rest of the pre-update levels, I reinstalled 1.4.1. Same frustrating trigger flaw, but at least my Pig Dipper level scores made prior to the downgrade were retained. :)
  • how come after trying a new download on angry birds it won't let me play the game keeps saying attempt to perform arithmetic on field any one help thanks
  • done that took pc back to january recover and nothing works
  • ok thanks

• Good advice - thanks.
  • I actually disagree with AMslimfordy ('The "delays" with updates are minimal on PC -- just a couple of days.').
    Yes, the PC updates come 1 or 2 days after the iOS and Android ones, but ABR (extra levels), ABO (Bad Piggies) and ABSp (New Theme Song) still to be updated. Also, just look on Updates. Surf and Turf was released 04/25/12 for PC, but Android and iOS received it almost 10 days before the PC does. The same thing happened with Rio 1.4.3.-1.4.4. (Trophy Room). Android and iOS versions were updated 03/15/12, while PC edition was updated in 04/13/12. Just sayin' my opinion.
  • Rovio addressed the Rio update, so there shouldn't be anything more said about that.

The other two were a couple days ago, so I don't think there's any reason to be up in arms yet.
  • I am very surprised after saw the MIGHTY EAGLE & POWER-UPS graphics files in data folder of AB Original & AB Space. Will Mighty Eagle & power-ups available for PC as it is available for iOS & Android... Oh but that possible because IAP (in-app purchase) is not available on PC...We love mighty eagle in iOS, Android devices. If IAP purchases is not available on PC then why these graphics are in data folder ? Anyone knows ?
  • The image files are universal. The fact that they exist in the "PC data files" is not an indicator that they will arrive soon.
  • OK thanks again @amslimfordy
  • It would be great if all the Angry Birds games were universal across all platforms. PC versions are missing levels which make it hard to move up on the leaderboard. It would be cool if the leaderboard could break it down by device. Then you could see how you fare against other PC users.
  • I found an easy way to check for updates in Angry Birds games for PC like in Bad Piggies.And its permanent method. Steps are following :-
    1. First you need Bad Piggies for PC.
    2. Open Bad Piggies destination folder.
    3. There is a file named updater.exe
    4. Copy & replace this file to all angry birds folders.
    5. Now open updater.ini file with notepad in the AB game folder you want to check for updates.
    6. Now in the end of the text file write or copy this line in the new line (if same line existing then no need to write again);-
    DefaultCommandLine=/checknow
    7. Now run updater.exe and it should check for updates now, if there is an update available it will ask you to download it :-)
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!