Seniors on Angry Birds Nest Page 3
  • 1086 Comments
  • I'll be 61 this month, do I qualify for benefits here?
  • Have a very Happy Birthday WereWolf69 :)
  • I am 56. Never played games apart from Solitaire on PC. Had a go at AB one day n now am hooked. Have 3 starred every games every level. I have a condition that causes pain & joint deformity, I truly believe that playing AB everyday has helped keep my hands n fingers more flexible. I also find it very distracting when in pain So there, playing AB is good for your health! LOL , cept when I get frustrated and want to smash my smartphone against the wall.
  • I think I mentioned my age somewhere else on the Nest but I remember all the events mentioned. I still love S & G. I remember when there were no computers - well maybe some tucked away in labs - but certainly not in the public arena.
  • Oh srry @slim yea maybe I will Pm him srry about dat @mvnla2
  • I'm 39, my girlfriend is 54.... she's was into computer games about zero.... i actually played all the time on my phone around her and after i dunno.... couple of months she started wanting to try a level....BLAM! ... there was no turningback..... having it on facebook helped too i suppose.... anyhow, she's pretty good.... she can beat the average score quite often and has beat me the last 2 weeks in the tourney.... and I'm pretty gamer-core..... man i gotta get me a tablet....i can see okay on my tiny phone, but if i play on her huge ol macintosh big screen for like 5 minutes, then try to play a level on my phone.... feels like i'm looking at a screen thats15 feet away, lol
  • Hi everybody, I am glad that I found so many of us "oldies" here. When I first wrote comment on this site I thought to myself what was I doing with those youngstes when I would never be accepted as a part of community. Nice to see that I am not the oldest and that there are many how are hooked up to AB, not only teens and young adults but middle aged and old people too.
    We can agree that age doesn't mean anything (or at least doesn't mean much) in AB playing. Game doesn't require fast reflexes (unlike Bad Piggies), thanks God.
  • @cosmo2503 - You really started something here didn't you. I'm enjoying hearing from all the various generations!
    I may be one of the older ones on here, but in my mind I'm somewhere in the 25 year old range.
  • @78RPM oh, yes I started thread I was curious to know if AB is popular among some "oldies" as it is among young people, teens and kids. I am glad to see lots of people different ages as you mentioned. ABN community is really awesome.
  • As one of the older seniors here, I'd like to propose that we get double the daily points every time we log-in to the Nest. 60 or older only.
  • @werewolf69 -- I know you're not the oldest. See comment by Barbbjb on p2; Mumsie is probably a few months older than you; waimea is 62; MikeinMont is 63; (I think you didn't read all the posts); TomPuss is 70; BetLib is 62 and Twlatime is older than Betlib. I'm also older than you, but as I said earlier, my age is classified. I think there is someone else who is older than you, but I don't see a post from him here.
    So if we're going to have a contest to see who is the oldest on ABN, right now it look like @TomPuss is the winner.
  • I know for sure that there is someone older than TomPuss who plays AB here but I'm not at liberty to say who it is.
  • And you know what- that's fine.
  • @mvnla2, does that mean you could be my older sister?
  • @werewolf69 -- I didn't say HOW much older than you I am. I think if you read all these posts, you could probably figure out that I'm older than you. : )
    The person I was thinking might be older than some is @OldManBird. OldManBird -- do you want to divulge your approximate age, as in really a senior, or claim the position of oldest?
  • That's okay @mvnla2, with age, comes wisdom and serenity, or senility, depending on each individual case.
  • @werewolf69 -- That's one of the reasons my age is classified -- You don't need to know and neither do I. I have to calculate it several times to convince myself it's correct when really necessary to state age. : )
  • What age would we be if we didn't know our age? I just read that somewhere. Food for thought. I also read if you are going to write a bad check, make it to the undertaker. I did chuckle at that one. My mother-law used to say your age is only a number until she finally couldn't remember it or much of anything else. However since back surgery a year and a half ago and having to wear a brace on my leg, I have felt my age much more than I did when It was much easier to get around. I have to use a cane because I'm wobbly on my feet & I feel about 100. I'm not supposed to bend, lift, or twist. It's almost impossible to do the ordinary things like laundry without doing some of those things. But enough whining. Just came here to take a break from the Challenge. Back to flinging! Onward.
  • @duffy
    My siblings and I gave my father a t-shirt years ago that he loved and now I'd like to have:

Being old isn't for sissies!
  • In July, my headphones broke and I couldn't play Diablo III, so I started playing Angry Birds. I have played every level (mostly with above average scores) of the Original, Seasons, Rio, Space, and Star Wars (Have to finish Hoth and the Jedi level). I'll be 66 on the 16th and I've been playing computer games since the early 80's. It's so sad I missed all those years of gaming because there weren't any home computers. :)
  • Happy Birthday to you @ohforfive and may you celebrate many more!
  • @ohforfive, you and I started AB the same month, but I've yet to venture beyond ABO. I guess I better get a move on! Oh, and Happy Birthday!
  • I am 30 years old. I find that the older I get, the smarter I get. I feel I am much smarter, wiser, and more able to nail down high score strategies than I was when I was a teenager. As far as I know, my reflexes have not slowed yet.
  • Hi all you kids. I'm 78. I started playing Angry Birds the day I got my iPhone 10 months ago. By the time I got my iPad six months later I had cleared every level of Angry Birds and the first six levels of Seasons. I had three stars on all levels of Poached Eggs. I quickly added Rio to the iPad and discovering that my iPhone scores didn't carry over I've begun replaying AB and seasons . I didn't get Space until October but I downloaded Star Wars the day it came out. ( the year the first movie came out my daughter was 10 years old and we saw it about once a week all summer). I mostly play on the iPad but play on the phone when I'm stuck waiting somewhere. I just try to clear levels but I go back and try for more stars and for Eagle feathers. My husband thinks it's all silly.
  • Hey @bill, at 30 you need to get out more often and mingle with the real World, this virtual reality existence is no place for someone your age.
  • @CrazyBirdLady - You Da Bomb!!!!
  • Hey, @CrazyBirdLady, I like older women, so how about you and I meet at the BP for drinks sometime...Oh, and before I forget, you're buying.
  • I haven't kept up with this group lately. Pretty lively bunch here :) . If you see this, @truckdriver and @sparty83, I graduated a year earlier than you guys. I was, however, the youngest person in my class :).

@werewolf69 your advice to @bill is so right!

@crazybirdlady I want to be like you when I grow up ;).
  • I'm 68, and I've 3-starred all the levels available in the first 4 Angry Birds. Tried Star Wars but all the blocked bits annoyed me, so I won't be paying for that one. Couldn't have achieved all those 3-stars without this great site.
  • @Wanda - You have to grow older, you don't have to grow up!

As this group is continually proving.
  • @Kewpie - You Go Girl!
  • @crazybirdlady So good to know there's someone older than me playing the great game! If this is what they call second childhood, I'm all for it! Happy flinging and happy holidays too.
  • I have absolutely no intention of ever growing up...
  • @cosmo2503, what a great discussion you started.

For any who are reading, don't let my name fool you, it's part of 1 of my very 1st email addresses many years ago. I actually just turned 54 (in Dec) & before stumbling across this today was thinking today actually, about the ages here on ABN. I was sure I would not be the oldest, but would bet that I'm up there.

While eyesight may be an issue on Android phone, my primary platform, I don't think reflexes are an issue yet. I find that the levels I have a lot of trouble beating the average are the same that those players DECADES younger also have trouble with.

I'm glad to see posts from a few others at least if not older than me.
  • @justpast40 (or 54) -- If you read through all these posts, you will find that the seniors on ABN consider you middle-aged. Enjoy it while you can!
  • Hey @justpast40, come to the BP sometime, we have Lollipops and soda for the junior members here.
  • @justpast40 wellcome to group. I am glad that you responded. As you can see there are many middle aged members here. Many of them like @sparty83, @mvnla2, @werewolf69, @karen68 are among top players.
    I am working on beating averages on all levels but as I started playing last year and that last two months we had updates almost every week I haven't done much (not to mention that Seasons Greeding Santa's Hat glitch scores kills me. I couldn't beat 10 avarages in that episode).
  • Thank you @cosmo2503 for including me in your lineup, but I can think of other players more deserving of your mention, such as manu malin, moonsabre, thetoddman23, yourself and many others.
  • @warewolf69 players you mentioned are really top ones but they are in their mid 20s or early 30s so they are not part of middle aged (or senior) group. I just mentioned a few older then 40 whom I noticed to be among top players.
  • In that case, I stand corrected and thank you for your compliment.
  • I was watching Doctor Who the other night and realized that while I never used one of the blue police callboxes, I do remember them. I lived in England when DW 1st came out and have been a fan ever since.
  • @78RPM - Right on! Doctor Who and Angry Birds are my two most favorite things!
  • I'll be approaching the "real" middle age of 50 in a couple of years (yes. you can guess my age, guys has no issue with how old they are) and aimed for top 10% in all the Nest leaderboards. This game is for all ages....
  • I have 3-starred all levels in AB games (except facebook which I dont played) and 100% eagle on most of them when iI can find the time to play - thats mean less hours of sleep
  • @Dr Omega - Yes, bowties and cowboy hats are cool!

(Sorry, that's a Doctor Who inside joke.)
  • Had to have @DocTonyNYC explain his avatar to me. Think there is someone else who has a DW-related avatar, don't remember who.
  • Purposely deleted, unable to recall content
  • 71 & play every day since December 2011. Ok stress reliever but oh the hours I have wasted. Could I possibly be the oldest dude here? Played and 3 stars all ++ now trying to get feathers and some are quite challenging, almost too much so.
  • @Tedthetoc -- Well, if by dude, you're excluding women, then you might be the oldest, if we exclude @OldManBird, whose age is uncertain (to me at least). But @CrazyBirdLady at 76 has you beat. Have you played all the AB games, or just ABO?
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!