Bird Fatigue?
  • Hey, I have a theory about playing Angry Birds levels over and over again. Here it is:
    The more you play a level constantly, the less powerful the birds get.
    Tell me what you think about this!
  • 14 Comments
  • I have not experienced anything like this, and I have played this game pretty extensively.
  • Dorito - what you wrote is an observation.
    The theory would be your idea, or suggestion, as to why it's happening.
    So, what is your theory? Why are the birds getting less powerful?
  • Could it be bird fatigue? It's possible, if Rovio made it that way to make it more realistic.
  • I think it's user fatigue more than bird fatigue.. ;-)

The more you play a level the more worn out with it you become. That's why it's good to step away sometimes when you are frustrated with a level and come back later.
  • try playing level 1-1 of poached eggs 20 times and see what happens....
  • I agree with DBird: That's user fatigue. Each time you restart the level, the level starts at the same line of code. To think there is some degeneration of power is nonsense.
  • I usually find the opposite, as I get better and better at hitting my aiming points as I go through it over several repetitions. For Example, I just played Danger Above 6-11 many times, I initially could not get the first bird to cut all the way under to get the deep pig, as I fine tuned my approach, I began getting to him but only scoring in the mid 90k range. I then started inching that total upward until I beat the leaderboard average of 104k. The level of the day has shown me that with a little more work, I would probably be able to challenge for one of the top scores on the level, but I have decided to move on, as above average is my current goal.
  • I think it's user fatigue...I've been playing Danger Zone for a long time, and am tiring out big time!
  • it would be interesting of they were, very realistic
  • this isn't that far-fetched of an idea. I have noticed this (notwithstanding it would be a ridiculous idea) once or twice, but always attributed it to my phone's RAM being eaten up by the game =)
  • User fatigue. I notice my aim dropping lower the more I replay a level to improve my score.
  • i will say this.... my girlfriend said the same thing... "the birds get tired"....understanding programming at some level, unless the creators specifically designed that into the game, theni don't think that's what is happening..... BUT !! , I will say this, my brother mentioned this to me and there might be some truth to it... it DOES seem as if there are "force fields" around pigs at times, and/or stuff that seems harder then normal to break.... his theory is that on some levels there might have to be something "done" (what this is may be breaking a certain stone or whatever) to make other elements not so hard to destroy.... if you played the tourney last week then you must have noticed that the center pig on the bottom of the "waffle type" structure seems almost impossible to destroy sometimes.... i'm not saying anything for sure at the moment, but i'm video taping my playing and gonna try to get to the bottom of this!... after work of course, heh heh
  • I have to agree with brave1966 on this. I definitely know that when I get tired after playing for a long time my shots get lower and lower. I have to purposely aim higher and higher. That's when I know it's time to quit.

Of course I don't, but that's part of the whole AB experience isn't it...
  • @78RPM : Persistence and patience sure get tested. :)
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!