The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3079
  • 159587 Comments
  • I seem to recall some flinger saying on the walk through pages for Short Fuse when his scores were being questioned that he spent months on each level to perfect his strategies. Hope his name wasn't Eddie.
  • Good flinging on today's challenge @desperatedan. You'll surely get your Holly dog next month, we're all rooting for you. I seem to have the AB Yips today(didn't he used to be in the Chinese Detective?) Every time I'm on for a decent score I totally flub Terry.
  • I'm playing the most recent version of Seasons and this level keeps freezing, also sometimes the level times out when some of those dark green pigs are left, other times it doesn't. Is it just me?
  • Well first it was the Daleks, then the Cybermen, then came those Weeping Angels. But they're nothing compared to the Omicrons.
  • Nice to see you exercising that flinging finger @ixan57. Did you have to put ur pint down? Good shooting.
  • Hey @kathy, did you ever fill a page here with just ur own comments?
  • Butt Backerach
    Tootsies and the Maytals
    Johnny Fingers(Boomtown Rats)
    IDC I'm having fun.
  • Hi @karen68 bet ur hubby ain't pleased with that World Cup Playoff draw! Hope you don't have a cat, or an owl.
    Anyways sure I'm not the first person to wonder why regular pups aren't awarded during the Advent Challenge. I know rules r rules but I think it would lead to greater participation by those who have the Holly dog. Rules can be changed if it improves the Challenge. If the reason for it is because guys like you have better things to do over the holidays I totally get that. Just wondered what ur thoughts were on the subject.
    BTW when ur in human form do you just have to shout "Owl" and with a puff of smoke you fly away?
  • I've played this song before, you may call it a feem toon, @tompuss might call it a leitmotif(she's classy like that)
    https://youtu.be/PtzhvJh9NRY
  • Talking Heads
    Test Icicles(I kid you not)
    Nil by Mouth.
    I'm still having fun.
  • @BrianN he is not pleased!

As for the Advent Challenge it started years ago when Rovio released a new Christmas episode every Dec & the Nest decided to make it the Challenge from the 1st to 25th Dec every year. Since they were new levels the puppies went on holiday.
    When Rovio stopped updating the Nest decided to carry on the tradition with the existing levels & created a special badge - I think @hunnybunny had something to do with that!
    And the puppies kept their Advent holiday. It’s a nice break at a busy time of year.

• Appreciate your honesty @karen68 as always. Valid enough reason in my opinion. Will try and make an effort. Shall be wearing my red n white scarf and cheering Dan on at the least. Nite all.
  • Hey @desperatedan have you seen the recent Rovio announcement regarding the re-release of ABO based on 2012 but with modern accoutrements. To be on various platforms early next year. The word Premium was used so maybe ad free etc at a price. Maybe similar to arrangement with Apple? Haven't seen that yet.
  • @brianN reason playing challenge yesterday was experimenting with different tablets (i am not a junkie), same problem as you were having i am having with different Facebook supported apps. I tried a old tablet that basically have to wire to the national grid to keep going. ( next experiment change the sealed battery) seasons working fine except logged out of Facebook can't log in (findings at end of post) but all progress saved from the past. Progress saved to device but not to cloud as logged out. 2nd (current in use) and 3rd tablets (same Google account to retrieve playstore data) I can load games from playstore history but will not let me login to Facebook cloud and everything is starting from zilch. Done a compete factory reset on tablet 3 expecting it to import at the data from tablet 1 (old battery one) it did just that but when I opened seasons zilch. Next port of call was forums for Facebook login problems, namely : for security on a embedded device try updating the app. Feedback from other people affected on various apps :
    Over the next few months Facebook browsers will no longer support certain apps from certain cloud based apps due to security. There has been a few developers that have supported a fix but a lot like rovio no longer supports certain apps. In other words tough shit. Brian just keep playing with what you have got because I fear if you are forced to do a reinstall all progress will be lost.
    That concludes my lecture for today, british nesters can look out for my new year lectures on national television (do they still exist)
    P. S. Not a apostrophe in site, just in case you know who is lurking. Chief constable Dan of the yard (apostrophe police)
    P. P. S to make up for it I have added a few comma's, oops
  • There should should be a grammar contest between @DesperateDan and @HunnyBunny.
    Money on the bunny from past experiences she is the grammar queen
  • Hey @ixan57 all I said was 'nice to see you flinging in the challenge', wasn't expecting the Dimbleby Lecture!
    FB is a nuisance, but my main device with all Seasons levels is logged in so I'm between a rock and a hard place. If I log out I lose all progress. If they do stop allowing ABS progress to be saved think I'd bin my FB account, not a fan of the Zuckerberg empire and the way it conducts itself.
    Seriously though you should do the challenge more often you have some insane scores dotted about. And yes to a grammar off between Dan & HB.
  • In the red corner we have Dan " ' Postrophe" Kid.
    In the blue corner(appropriately) it' s Hunny 'filthy' Bunny.
    Your referee for the evening ixan 'Punctuation Sucks' 57.
  • Laptop giving out, had to reset Windows as last resort so I lost all progress on Bluestacks. Took the opportunity to reload the 2012 version of ABO to see if I could capture one or two glitches from that era, e.g. 3-9 self collapse. May get there if the laptop survives...
  • Are you lurking @catsnbirds ?

Miri chats with birds:

https://youtu.be/zGihE4T2cHA
  • @tompuss that was so cute, and interesting! Thanks for the chuckles.
  • @TomPuss That got the attention of my cats - we recognize the sounds. Thanks for the entertainment!
  • I'm getting very confused by the sequencing of the Challenges again. Seems to be a bit random. Was there a special Thanksgiving level? That might explain having a real turkey of a level that day. Only joking. Anyway, doesn't really matter from tomorrow onwards. It's Christmas! (kind of). Last chance of a real pup today then.
  • Which didn't quite happen.
  • I guess they have Christmas in Brazil too.
    Playing with my new toy, you know I said I was too tight to pay Rovio for anything? Well I forked out the princely sum of £1.68 for Seasons ME. (You hear about these people making crazy purchases online while under the influence of alcohol. Never thought it would happen to me.)
    Anyway at that price can't complain about lack of value for money. Most of levels easy maybe a couple in each episode tricky then every now and then one that's nails. Stuck in those bloomin' hedges (Marie Hamtoinette). Good fun.
    Got a q tho Owlish One,or anyone else. Is it still poss to get ME Rio?Most recent version won't allow purchase.
  • @brianN what's season's ME
  • Sod the punctuation's
    I'm into speed reading now, can do war and peace in 3 seconds. Granted only three words but not bad for a start
  • Heh Heh.
    Mighty Eagle. Trying for those pesky fevvers. Didn't you used to be good at hedge hopping?
  • @brianN Oh the mighty eagle. purchased that myself a while back, good entertainment and quite challenging at times.

• The result from the punctuation's match I declare Dan ' kid the winner
    No show from the blue corner, not even a titter. "Oooh, no missus" stop it as Mr Howard would say.
  • Talking about the missus got a second hand bike for her. not a bad deal was cheaper than a divorce lawyer
  • So no advent challenge...
    But it’s not 1st December in Wyoming until about now!
  • The Blue Corner came up with an ellipsis, an explanation mark; and the semi colon
  • :-)
    Did I ever say that I personally met the man who is accredited with first proposing the use of the smiley emoticon in 1982. A guy called Scott Fahlman. Feel free to Google.
  • Way to go Dan, that Holly dog is within reach.
    Staying totally neutral on the Grammatical punch up. HB in with a nice uppercut explanation mark to the chin.
    'Postrophe replies with ref to the proposer of the smiley emoticon! Bit of a low blow that. The Marquis of Queensbury will be turning in his grave @ixan57. If Dan starts fighting dirty there'll only be one winner!
  • Hey @karen68, noticed Dr O'neski threw a good score and made a puppy request. I presume he already has the Holly dog. Can you get one every year or is he being a chancer?
  • @brianN good question a dog is not just for one Christmas
  • @BrianN @DesperateDan @Ixan57
    Well, (it’s debatable if you need the comma here) I think a new Holly Dog is awarded every year
    And Dr O’Neski has the Asher set up of Comfy Chair and Bionic Gaming Mouse
    Us, poor mortals, who fling with one finger just get close, or lucky
  • Bit like playing chess against Cybermen.
  • I've thrown the kitchen sink at it for several hours and my best score was after 5 minutes. I had one great chance for a dog but it ran off (barking).
    Anyone for a tilde?
    ~
  • @BrianN @hunnybunny I think it’s one Hollydog only, ever.
    @SweetP can clarify.
  • Sounds like you need my new pal Mighty Eagle @desperatedan.
  • So what's the good Dr. on about? @karen68?
  • Just noticed Asher requested puppy also, nothing from Annach. I'm tired and confused. Nite all.
  • Challenge a bit tough today. Gave it a good going over again but none of the top guns, as I speak, look like getting up to the top score.
  • Spoke too soon. Just have to try harder.
  • Have you tried the bathroom sink? If Dr Vector can't get there not much chance. Tried for an hour after tea using stocktoad method, just a couple of 99's. It's not really the weather for ice creams. I'd say 104k is an excellent score.
  • Asher and his bloody comfy chair, 26” screen and gaming mouse...
    Not a fair playing field
    There again, if he’s happy with just sitting in his study flinging inanimate bird’s at nasty pigs...
  • ... and relax...
  • Youre still ahead of me. 3 ×99's now. I'm getting brain freeze. Flake anyone?
  • So @sweetp what's the deal with puppies over the Advent Challenge period? I was under the (mis) understanding? that if you already have a Holly Dog no further puppies are awarded during this period. Yet I notice Asher has made his second puppy request this month. Am I missing something?
Post in the New Forum!