The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3038
  • 159583 Comments
  • Tommy Cooper, famous Welshman who wore a fez.
  • Except, as discussed previously in these learned pages, it might not have been one. As for Tommy Cooper, was 3028 the only page where he hasn't been mentioned? He does get a lot of press. Astonished to find that 2021 is the centenary of his birth.
  • See that @asher has respectfully posted a score just below Rat's trophy holding score in the Challenge today.
  • Well @kathy, the votes are in and the verdict is that the switch should be down. Or did I get the wrong end of the stick?
  • I have just had a gorgonzola sandwich today (June 16). A special badge for anyone who can tell me why. You may have to Google this one.
  • I think the fez has gone to my head. Or it could be the cider.
  • As far as I'm concerned it will always be a fez. He should be mentioned far more often. Asher is probably gutted he couldn't beat Rat's score. I'm not a fan of that joke. The Swiss defence is full of holes. And if you drink any more cider I'll put some more Mulligan and O'hare on the jb.
  • Ah, but gorganzola doesn't have holes. Good try though.
  • Yes to Mulligan and O'Hare.
  • El scorchio @ixan57 and it's only 9.00am.
  • @brianN i know i have just finished El Gardeno work. Just in time for El Beer Gardeno
  • El @brianN why are we taking mexicano
  • Just a silly catch phrase from a comedy sketch show. Called The Fast Show, I know @desperatedan is familiar with it. Famously had Johnny Depp on once. "Suit you sir!"

Had a little go at today's challenge over brekky and GAAAAAAAHHH! Finding it difficult to get the right angle on chuck. But then after splitting blues the tnt went off and took out the birds on right. All I had to do to get 75k was get chuck thru first 2 birds and I managed to lob him over bird one's head from like 1cm away.
    Not worthy of a double Gaaaaaahhhhhh as it wouldn't have been a puppy score, but my ABO(angry birds obsessiveness) means I have to keep playing till I score 75k at least. Even if it takes me till next time it's on the daily challenge.
  • Well that was much ado about nothing. For some reason I had it in my head that 76k was the puppy score not as I now know 82k.Don't think there'll be many puppies if any today. There's a challenge for you @desperatedan.
  • I've got my angles right but it's not coming. Do you think it's possible to get the blue bird over the top middle cage without splitting. It looks on but seems to be an optical illusion.

Sad no-one has cracked the gorgonzola question.
  • Not el scorchio here. El damp squibbio.
  • OB a eldarado (Scottish fortified wine) for @brianN and a desperado (lager with a hint of tequila) for @DesperateDan
  • @BrianN congrats on the Sharpshooter badge!
  • I've lost where all the badges are described - can someone remind me, thanks
  • And I'll have another desperado, thanks @ixan57.
  • Anyone got an Oloroso Amontillado? (preferably from the banks of the Orinoco in a rococo glass.)
  • I'm getting better scores when chuck doesn't go thru cleanly. If he directly hits the tnt the caged birds on the right often survive.
  • Thanks @karen68, if you hadn't put me right I'd have waited another 6 mths hoping non of those levels were used for the daily challenge.
  • I think I found out what you were up to with that gorgonzola @desperatedan

https://youtu.be/6NUoiW-0wBc
  • Btw 'tis possible to get blue over the top cage, but not very helpful.
  • I lost a page of conversation, sorry can't catch up maybe after dinner..
    Can't concentrate at the moment but wanted to say hi!
    So ceiling fan switch down seems to be blowing the cold air around a bit , I hate air conditioning!
    Congrats on the Sharpshooter badge @BrianN ;)
  • Thanks @kathy, have you checked your coat pocket?
  • It's a 5 min walk from my house to the pub. And it's a 45 min walk from the pub to my house. The difference is staggering.
  • Early finish today in preparation for the big match. Yes it's the yak racing world series. As ever Nepal v Tibet in the finals.
  • As you may imagine @desperatedan the Scottish press have been full of jokes about David Marshall. I'd post them here, but they'd go straight over your head.
  • Anyone want to predict? Since winning the group is a poisoned chalice as far as the 2nd round goes, maybe England should let Scotland have a point. Or is that too woke?
  • I predict a riot.
  • Well, we fell asleep during that first half. If God had intended the England players to pass the ball back so much, he would have created them with their feet pointing the other way. We're turning over to the yak racing.
  • Literally and metaphorically el damp squibio. Never thought I'd see that expression twice on one page.
  • I shall henceforth be changing my name to Osmondo D'oloroso and pledging my allegiance to Italy.
  • Lest our North American friends feel left out with all this football chat here's something from The Fast Show.

https://youtu.be/Fvjk47UORFs
  • Hey @desperatedan you should have a go at the Sharpshooter badge. I found it an entertaining diversion. You should be pretty close in some of your ABO episodes.
  • Since it's just me tonight being a gobby git I shall indulge myself on the jukebox.

https://youtu.be/PtzhvJh9NRY
  • I was wondering about the Sharpshooter badge. But ABO is the worst place to try. It's the toughest by far to get a high position because so many people played it. I don't think anyone has managed a Sharpshooter ABO badge.
  • I'm not sure that no one has done it in ABO. I noticed when you go into badges and ranking then click on Sharpshooter it gives a complete list of those who have the badge including mine so it's obviously kept up to date (19 names shown) . But if you click onto the link read rules here then 'who won' it shows only 9,10 if you include Asher who is mentioned in the ultra Sharpshooter list. The last one mentioned was Bernerssen. This list includes the episode it was achieved in. One name missing from list 2 is Jrsquonk. The reason I mention him is that I associate his name with ABO.
    Obviously the latter has not been updated. I wonder if that's something that you could look into @karen68 if you get a chance. (You're our link to the outside world.) It would be good to know which episodes are doable on more recent versions. I know Hallieginsb did it on the droid levels in space as I came across his walk through request for a badge.
  • @jrsquonk has done it on at least Jurassic Pork, Bird Island and Birdday 5. @asher has certainly done it on Birdday 5, maybe others. I was going off the list you mentioned. But it is possible these guys have never claimed the badge based on these episodes.

@jrsquonk's Jurassic Pork scores are mind-bogglingly consistent, virtually everything top 5 without that many trophies.
  • So here are some statistics for you on my ABO scores. Bear in mind I am ranked 15th at the moment.

There are 699 levels (700 actually but 1 is disabled)

On these I am above average on 693 (99%). The missing 6 are all on Jurassic Pork which I avoid like the plague. Level 35-9 is my biggest miss. I really need to pluck up courage and have a go at those 6.

I am closer to the leader than the average score on 453 levels (65%). I mention this because that is usually my criterion for stopping and moving on.

I am in the top 100 on 586 levels (84%). Of the 113 levels that are worse than 100th, 3-9 is the worst (428th). I have battered this endlessly but can get no-where so can only conclude it must have got harder.

I am in the top 50 on 366 levels (52%).
    I am in the top 20 on 142 levels (20%)
    I am in the top 10 on 75 levels (11%)

Finally, I hold 5 ABO trophies. I'm not going to tell you which ones but I can say that two of them date back to 2013. The sheriff knocked a couple of times but each time they were disallowed due to lack of evidence (and at least one was an obvious cheat).

My conclusion is that the lack of top 20 scores is a very poor basis for trying to get a Sharpshooter Badge in ABO. It feels like Mirror World in Space might be the best option for that Badge.
  • @BrianN I think it would be up to @hunnybunny to update that list since she was the original poster? Let me ask.
    (And I’m pretty sure Hallie is a she.)

@desperatedan the Mirror Worlds are likely your best bet as they are overall the least played.
    I had all top 20 in Go Green Get Lucky but Seasons crashed on my old old ipad so I couldn’t get the screenshots. So I went with my favorite Mirror World.
    There aren’t a ton of scores posted in the most recent episodes which helps, but something like Jurassic Pork or Piggywood Studios the scoring makes so little sense so it’s difficult. I admire jrsquonk for managing that.
  • I’m having no trouble here, but I understand others can’t get in to the BP?
  • Yeah! The BP is open again! So I’ll be quietly lurking in my favorite booth waiting for the return of my favorite nesters ;-)
  • Yay !! Thanks for the post @catsnbirds I've been checking on and off all day, saw your post :D
  • Guess OB forgot to tell us he was taking the day off lol!!
Post in the New Forum!