The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2986
  • 159652 Comments
  • Power still out, internet and cable down also!
  • Yeah, but another crown, so it's all ok.
  • I'm not normally up at this time but we got back very late from holiday. Just in case anyone thought I was flinging 24/7.
  • Hello everyone. Did u miss me? No? Rude. What's been happening? Too much talk about tennis, not enough about cricket. (cmon @desperatedan,let's get some IPL dialogue going.
    Also @kathy,u really need to go see a doctor about those blackouts. He'd probably tell u to slow down a bit. On a serious note(D minor)? When I used to live about 80m North of where I am now, occasionally at Winter we'd lose power. Usually due to high winds and ice etc. So I know it's snow fun, living without leccy. Hope it's not too cold yet where u r. Where is that BTW? Ne... brr.. Aska?
  • Damn!!! No arrows this time

Woot!! I'm back! And even with internet the Princess Reigns! She must be hiding the internet connection device thingies from me because the Powah is going to Her Head after 8 years!
    Is it been 8 years??? Or more..!??
    I'm The Queen!! Queen Rules over Princess!! "Off With Her Head" I say!! I'm the Queen!!

• That just Amazes me!!! I can say v Anything i want Anytime as long as i put those Magic Arrows there!! I thought i
    They just Dissaperead what was In between them, But noooo they Dissaperead my Whole Post!!!
  • Yes @BrianN i missed you , and the Blackouts are a problem , as you can probably tell!! i feel like someone else takes over!! In the wise words (that incidentally fell prey to the (shhh.. arrows) of the Green Clay Man wearing the Fez "Princess Sminhcess"
    That would be @Gumby!!

p.s He never actually said that but He would!!
  • Hmmm.. On second thought.. That Is My head still right?? So put those arrows back!! Someone..
    Hellooo magic arrow person... Arrows above please...
  • p.s.s. I was gonna watch my Netflix show , But someone Hijacked my Internet on my T.V..
  • Btw @BrianN I live in Hull, Massachusetts .. Tiny apartment, but second floor, very large open back porch, with the Ocean directly across the street and the bay directly behind me (well behind my apartment) so yeah High wind isn't a good thing for me, it sux to try and grill a burger!!
    I had frozen pancakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner the past 2 days (hence the 70 lbs)
    *Insert Rolly Guy*
  • Wow, what a birthday.
    Still the old guard in the men's tennis then. C'mon Rafa!
    Getting ready to start work for first time since end of May, won't know what's hit me.
    Winter on way, heating back on for first time since spring.
    Better keep my head down, the Queen is waving an axe around...
  • @DesperateDan Did you have a birthday too? Or you were referring to mine, i didn't even say what happened lol! Or did i? Old age ya know..
    Good luck at work, getting back in the swing of the routine! I didn't have to deal with that because I'm an 'Essential' worker so my company never closed!
  • Btw, I am quitting smoking today, got the patch on my arm but I'm craving a cigarette wicked bad!! Still can't get my Internet working, will it is, but not for my Netflix, which is pissing me off Royallly!! I've tried every trick in the book, and yes @Gumby i tried unplugging the modem for 30 seconds, uhmm about 25 times so far!! Called Xfinity , had several "refresh" signals sent , still no Netflix!
  • Drinks on me, not my birthday but just got my third puppy, first in Seasons. Trophy too as I type but having published a new strategy, it may not survive the night. Not a very good idea to challenge @asher I feel!
  • Well @kathy, Rolls-Royce didn't close but they decided they didn't need me. Then they realised perhaps I was essential after all and said please come back. I'm very lucky considering they are releasing thousands of people.
  • @kathy, which is worse, nicotine withdrawal or Netflix withdrawal? Not good having both at once. The only cure is more frozen pancakes.
  • Wow. Saw the news today and apparently some crazed axe wielding princess ran amok in Hull, Mass. She claimed the "green clay man with the magic arrows made me do it"
    Police say a combination of nicotine and Netflix deprivation was the real cause of her insane actions.They also ask anyone with knowledge of the roly man to come forward.
  • Just noticed @desperatedan beat me to it. Don't you just hate it when someone beats you to the post?
    Hey Dan, I don't know how u guys do that utube song link thing, but I've got one for you. You'll have to work it out by means of these fiendishly difficult clues.
    1 Disney film
    2 It's about 7 little guys and a young broad.
    3 It contains the words "Hey Ho, Hey Ho"
    Which is a little harsh, she seems like a nice girl.
    Anyway, hope ur whistling this fine tune come Monday?
  • Well waddya know, that pesky @asher stole my trophy after 20 minutes, just left a note saying thankyou.
  • Not really off to work @brianN, more like a trip to the kitchen table these days.
  • @BrianN OMGirafffe you literally just made me Laugh Out Loud!! Lol thanks i needed that!
    @DesperateDan you as well!!heehee I don't know what's worse, Netflix withdrawals are pretty strong right now, even though i usually only watch it on weekends, It Is the Weekend!! Is the principal of the matter that irks me ,freaking Comcast/Xfinity whatever they're calling themselves, now they need to send a tech, which will arrive somewhere between Monday
    10\12 2-4p.m or
    Wednesday 10/15 4-6 p.m
    Even though i scheduled the appointment for Thursday 10\16 4-6 p.m
    And what's the tech gonna do That i haven't done already?? I've unhooked and rehooked every cable there is to be seen! Even unplugged my refrigerator !! So the tech will come, check all my connections that I've already checked 50x today, call in for a refresh signals, that I've already done 52x today, then he's gonna use his gigantic magic phone thingies and call himself and reset my signal and say "all set ma'am, but the problem wasn't on our end, so that'll be$40 dollars on your next bill" "have a nice day ma'am"
  • Aww Dan congrats on the puppy and the temporary trophy, almost Asher Basher award but of course He had to sweep in at the last minute and steal it from you!! I have some extra Magic Arrows lol, maybe i can make him disappear??
    P.s i already smoked..
  • Hey @kathy,hope ur over this latest episode. (Tho why do I get the feeling u have more episodes than Friends?)
    Had a look see at where u live, looks really cool. I know u said u had a large back porch, but man, the size of that paddling pool. Looks as big as the Atlantic. In these days of global warming leading to rising sea levels, good to know ur on the second floor.
    Certainly much prettier than the city it's named after(apologies to anyone from Kingston-upon-Hull, but u know it's true). Here in Montrose we're situated on the edge of a tidal basin(I like livingon the edge) Looks really nice when the tide is in, messy mud flats when it's out. Still, it's a real haven for wildfowl, we've got the geese coming in from Siberia at the mo, hunkering down for Winter(we'll, who'd want to spend Winter there?) Apologies to anyone from Siberia, but u know it's true.
    Ps don't give up, we all know that that Irish man Nick O' teen is highly addictive. We can start a support campaign. I've got a slogan:"Kick out fags" or KOF for short.
    On second thoughts, you could be in real trouble if u use that slogan in America. Means something totally diff here. Oh well, better go, think I"ve managed to offend just about everyone. Job done.
  • There's a very nice Victorian public toilet in Hull. Listed building. Had fresh flowers when I visited many years ago.. So not all bad. The geese give it a miss though.
    As for smoking, it's very hard for non-smokers to appreciate how addictive nicotine is. And amazing how recent smoking was regarded as being good for you. My mother-in-law was told by her doctor, that it was harmless and he recommended she carry on. It ended up killing her before she reached 60. So stick at it @kathy and break open those frozen pancakes again.
  • Yes @kathy,I agree with @desperatedan.The next time u hear that voice in ur head(not the green clay man, we don't want u rearrested for beheading Internet technicians) The other one, Nick O' teen, when he says"go on Kathy, it's been a really stressful day at work, Netflix is down, u've run out of frozen pancakes, have a ciggy. You know it makes sense. "Just say No.
    Friend of mine used to put aside the money she wud have spent on the evil weed. Over time she was able to recarpet her whole home with money she saved. (She lived in a bedsit and smoked a 1,000 a day) Joking aside, she did actually save a lot of dosh. Just a thought.
    BTW, thought Hull WAS a public toilet.
  • Well if you think Hull is bad just think on Bristol. Built on the ill gotten gains of slavery and tobacco. Hence the lobbing of statues into the harbour.
  • Drinks on me tonight. I've been promoted to a Gold Flinger.
  • Phew. Really think I did it this time. Had a bunch of angry men outside the house last night carrying torches and waving pitchforks at me.
    I asked where they were from. They said "Hull". I said "Hell?" They said"It sure is".
  • Congrats on the promotion. Didn't he used to be a Bond villain? Had a little henchman with a steel bowler hat? Used to do odd jobs around the house. His name will come to me eventually.
    Looks like I didn't get that job with the Humberside tourist board. Can't think why. Do have a Q for u seasoned fingers, 2Q's actually.
    Q1. What exactly is puppy? I've seen them referenced here on the nest many times. Lazily thought it was for getting top score in daily challenge. But clearly not as I noticed from @desperatedan's post the other day tho @asher beat his score Dan kept his puppy. Enlighten me please.
    Asher-slayer of dragons, killer of Kings, master of destiny, ruler of time. Bond villain supreme. Bet his lair is set up like Blofeld's in SPECTRE. Full of giant satellite dishes, with minions running round crunching data. While he sits in his gamers chair in front of a giant TV screen, plotting his next move in world domination, while stroking a fluffy white cat...
    Got a bit carried away there didn't I? He's just a really good finger with an IPad isn't he? Thought so.
    Q2Don't the kittens feel left out?
    Q3(OK maths isn't my strong point) Speaking about @asher's quest for world domination. Noticed that overall leader in seasons greedings is not he, oh no, that honour belongs to the one known as ernor63. Just wondered if any of u long term birdmeisters have come across him/her. We're they flinging when the famous Santa's hat glitch first arrived? Or have they managed to get hold of that version more recently? Feel it must be either or. Would ask them directly but they never leave any posts on the walkthrus(could be many reasons for that, maybe a language thing, or just not inclined to put pen to paper as it were) Not even sure if they r still active on the nest. Main reason for asking is, if it's the latter, would love to have a go at these levels with the glitch in play. Have never been able to successfully download that particular version. Thought it must be a compatability thing, but was able recently download v2. 0.0 on android 9 phone and it works fine. Other version can't get hold of for love nor money is v 5.0.0.The one with the endless basketball hooping. Did once download it from Aptoide, but it seemed really fishy, kept asking me to download amazon games tore app if I wanted to access it. Maybe I'm paranoid, the version in question is still there in Aptoide store, has anyone else used it?
    This post is getting longer than a Tien Shenlong-long post(where is he by the way?) I'm just helping @desperatedan in his quest to reach page 3000.What happens then? Will Rovio release a special golden egg level?
    Anyhoo if anyone can help with my requests, I promise I won't make any more posts for at least a week(except to say thank you.)
  • Q1. @BrianN anyone who beats the top score on the daily challenge wins a puppy (proper name Underdog). So there can be multiple puppy winners on any challenge. I think the record is 32 or close to that. You even get a badge for your 1st, then your 10th, 20th etc.
    Asher plays on Android using bluestacks so he can use his PC. He has a large screen, high tech mouse, and comfy chair (his words). So you were kinda close in your description lol.

Q2. Don't think anyone has ever asked the kittens how they feel! There are a lot of cat lovers here though...

Q3. Ernor is one of the old guard, a member of the Nest in the early days. A very accomplished flinger, although not always the nicest of people. His scores are Santa Hat ones, as are many of the top 10 scorers. Although not all, as our own Princess @Kathy is in there with no SHG.
    Several Seasons Greetings levels became easier to score higher a few years ago, allowing those of us who never had the glitch to be more competitive.
    I've never tried to download an earlier version with the glitch, although I know several have successfully done so, sorry I can't help you there.
    (There's a glitch in WTH 1-23 too you could access with an earlier version.)

I hope that helps! OB his next drink is on me. :)
  • Hah, I got my trophy back off @asher. This time I've got it under lock and key.
  • Well, as promised, thank you very much @karen68.Many mysteries solved. (Asher as Blofield, who knew!)
  • @kathy pancakes taste better when they aren't frozen. Less likely to break your teeth also.
    Has anybody seen my magic arrows they seem to be missing?

@brianN I also do not have any Santa Hat Glitch scores. I wish I had access to those levels.
  • @Gumby Waaassssuuuuupppp?????
    @Karen68 thanks for answering @BrianN questions , just want to add Brian you forgot @Asher also has a high tech mouse and comfy chair! He holds nothing back and although we used to give crap, now we're past all that and we mere mortals on our phones and tablets have accepted defeat and will settle for kitten videos from @Tompuss she has great puppy videos as well!
    TienShenlong was banned, because he was warned several times to not leave such long Nonsensical posts!
    Your posts aren't Nonsensical, we all enjoy your company :D
  • @Gumby Those Magic Arrows.. You can happily take them back!!
    They make me crazy!! What is their purpose???
  • @kathy they magically makes text disappear
  • @kathy, are you saying @brianN's posts make actual sense? ;-)
  • I think @asher has a high tech chair and a comfy mouse. That would explain it.
  • If I had either of those things Twiggy would eat them.
  • Yeah @Gumby But Why?? Where the sense of having magic Arrows that make everything you told Disappear?? Don't bother typing it in the first place, right?? Unless there are reversed magic arrow that allows someone to read what you typed? Like invisible ink??
    And yes @DesperateDan I think @BrianN posts make sense, and He makes me laugh lol!
    And yeah @Asher has All that And a comfy chair lol! I wish he would pop in and tell you himself, but he hasn't time for such nonsense as virtual pubs, and idle chat! Mayor (oh what's his name)? The Mayor of Slingtown keeps him very, very busy fighting off Green Pigs and keeping our little pub safe :D *insert Rolly Guy*
  • Must be into fez territory I feel.
  • @DesperateDan , Fez territory, ya think maybe, I don't keep track of posts counts, because i hate doing math lol, are you hoping to Grab the Fez off @BrianN Head?? Betcha he's waiting quietly in the back corner of the pub, just waiting for the right moment to swoop in and hold it tight on his head ;D
  • A learned piece of research has been done demonstrating that a cat's body can actually be well modelled using fluid mechanics. A cat can "flow" into any number of shapes including spheres and cubes. The paper ("Can a cat be both a solid and a liquid?") won an Ig Nobel prize for physics in 2017 (which I have read), which are awarded for serious research into seemingly useless subjects. This year's prize was won for research into how the shape of an earthworm changes if it is vibrated. In 2019 the winners investigated how and why wombats produce cube shaped poo. Other prizes have been given for the magnetic levitation of a live frog, and demonstrating the if you wear socks on the outside of your shoe rather than the inside you will slip less on ice. This is just the Physics category, the other prizes are just as crazy. Google Ig Nobel if you want cheering up.
  • At least one person has won an Ig Nobel prize and a Nobel prize.
  • @Desperate_Dan Thanks so much for the info on the IgNobel Prize! Lol! I’ve read through the titles and have bookmarked the site!
  • I meant to say @tompuss that I enjoyed the cat video too.
Post in the New Forum!