The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2983
  • 159657 Comments
  • Fandabidozi
  • Montrose, just up the road from the birthplace (1937) of the real Desperate Dan, Dundee, where he has a statue. The power of Google may help those who are starting to lose the plot here.
  • Today's Challenge is the one where I got the trophy a few weeks ago, polished it up, put it in the cabinet only for @vuelva to snatch it away within 24 hours. But it is a level that has got easier so it's worth a fling, if not for a puppy, then for a personal high score. I think puppies could be on offer though. The Big Set Up 11-14.
  • @desperatedan I am not quite sure that you can call a comic character the "real" Desperate Dan. Even though I know what you mean.

@kathy WAAAAASSSSSSUUUUPPP
  • @gumby, are you also implying that the angry birds are not real birds. Keep your voice down, I think OB might have heard.
  • @DesperateDan hahaha! You're lucky, OB didn't hear that, or you'd be barred from the BP.

https://youtu.be/QPZEwgHSzok
  • OB whats all the ruckus?? Huh Who insinuated Angry Birds aren't real?? @Gumby Waasssuuuppp?? You getting OB well ruffled about to blow??
    Hey Guys! Sorry for my absence, long story!
    @Sweetp that story literally brought tears to my eyes, both times i read it! And no I'm sure that Wasn't ever reported in the Main Stream Media!
    @Brian N. I'm happy you found your way to the BP! I see @DesperateDan saw that you were comfortable :D thanks Dan.
    I'm sorry i can't possibly catch up, but I'll try to keep up from now on!
  • @Ixan57 Fandabidozi !! Indeed!
    @BirdSlinger No We Shall Never Forget!
  • Thanks @kathy. I know we're not supposed to post anything political, but I couldn't resist. I guess @birdleader will have to kick me off the Nest now, I'll understand.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the week!

https://youtu.be/L6svOHFSAH8
  • The expression Fandabidosi always makes me a little kranky.
  • @TienShenLong Never Forget what the terrorists did to our Country on September 11!!
    Sorry @Brian N. Fandabiozi is supposed t
    Inducee a happy feeling, I thought ¿
  • Twiggy (the real puppy in case you were wondering) had a great first birthday and some new toys that she loves. Does this make her an adult now, and properly allowed in the BP? Anything that falls on the floor (food) she will eat so be careful please everyone. Make friends and she will lick your legs. She likes birds except for pigeons - I'm pretty sure OB and the blue birds are not pigeons so we should be ok.
  • @bernersenn Happy birthday, Theo! ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Good morning guys,

Thanks Annie for your wishes and video.

Must have been months or even longer that I visited the BP.
  • Hi @kathy, didn't mean to come across as a grump. My attempt at a lame joke(the only kind I do) Not worth explaining.
  • Happy Birthday @Bernersenn , sorry we can't hang your banner, having the place remodeled
    But the best we can do

https://angrybir.de/2Nn80wm
  • I tried anyway!
    @TienShenLong, I can't possibly begin to even read your again Way Too Long Post!! Please refrain from such long post as no one will take the time or effort to read Or understand! I'm sure you can find a way to express your thoughts in a much simpler way. And AFTER reading your first few lines, YES I Strongly Disagree!! IT WAS a Terrorist Attack On American Soil! Which We Americans Take personally, very personally!!
    And to Add The reason I missed @DesperateDan post was because it got lost on the page amongst your nonsensical ramblings , conspiracy theories!
    Please reread the rules on page 1, No politics! @sweetp story was not political at all, it was a heartwarming story that got lost in the news of the happenings of 911!
  • @Brian N. Not to worry, I've been a bit distracted lately and probably didn't understand, actually 'Lame ' Jokes are my favorite kind :D
  • @DesperateDan sorry I missed your post about @Twiggy Birthday! Happy Birthday Twiggy and yes She's always Welcome in the BP (just no alcohol) even in dog years she's still a puppy!
    She can eat any food she finds On The Floor lol, and even order from the menu, but i doubt OB speaks Dog, but you never know, he's always surprising us!
  • @Tienshenlong,,I understand your sarcasm, I know Not Every Human being feels the same way or thinks there same way, But think about it If someone from another Country, one who openly voices their hatred for your Country, studied for years, planned learned, Hijacked 4 planes And Deliberately flew them into Buildings in Peru? And 2,997 innocent people died horrible deaths, not to mention All the Brave men and women who are to this day dying from the aftermath! All those who survived to raise their children alone, all those who still suffer 19 years later!
    Would you Then call it Terror? Would you Then be so cynical?
    I've had enough of this subject really, no need to reply..
    Just stop posting such long posts please.
  • @kathy, Twiggy says thankyou. I think she will always be a puppy, never grow up, like Peter Pan.
    And as far as conspiracy theories go, they should also be on the banned list, political or not. Then we won't get embroiled in things that are an insult to many people's intelligence.
    Just saying.
  • Thank you Kathy, banner is visible.
  • Hey @DesperateDan ! Yes i like that idea, Twiggy never growing up :) she can pretend the BP is never never land! And agreed on the conspiracy theories being on the banned list of topics, unfortunately i have no editing control of page 1, we would need @Ripsy to do that as he is the original creator,i would if i could..i don't think admins can even do it!
  • @Bernersenn I'm happy you could at least see your banner, i know you've seen it even year for 7 years and I'm truly sorry this year is not possible to hang them. The remodelers are taking their sweet arse time with the walls lol!
  • Hey, 11 patrons on this page so far, only 5 on the previous page. Bit more of a buzz.
    Get up and dance (1969 vintage)
    https://youtu.be/Id-uy--H8tQ
  • Still can't upload even small photo of the birthday girl. Sigh....
  • @Desperate_Dan I spent my happiest childhood years in Derbyshire. When my Dad came back from the war, he had to work from home, so asked my Mum to find something to rent. And she found this amazing huge house at Higham, going very cheap. Later it was demolished - needlessly as it turned out, because of the Ogston reservoir.

https://angrybir.de/2tGrJi2

See if the pic works, not sure.
  • @tompuss, can see picture fine, I think you posted it a few months ago. Also one with dog in snow. Derbyshire is great, although my wife thinks it is too far from the sea. I guess 80 miles doesn't sound far by US standards but in UK it's hard to get any more landlocked than Derby.
  • @kathy, as I can't have the crown for first on the page, I claim the fez for last on the previous page.
    @tienshenlong, sorry but I can't possibly follow such a long post. And I am going to stay clear of such contentious issues when I have just popped in for some light conversation.
  • @DesperateDan good observation on the number of patrons! It's definitely a hopeful sign :D
  • C'mon @TienShenlong I politely asked you to NOT post such long posts!! Im not Even giving it the time of my Night to read it!!
    @Sweetp if you could be so kind as to remove these page hogging posts i will appreciate it!
  • @DesperateDan you deserve the crown, and hopefully it shall be returned to you by the removal of TienShenLong Rudeness! But you can still claim the Fez lol!
    @Tompuss nice to have you join us again :D
  • @TienShenlong, here you have a choice,
    1) You can choose to edit and delete your Too Long posts
    2) You can wait for @Admins to delete them and take the chance of being banned
    Again your choice. I thought you were my friend And would respect my requests and my forum, But I should've known , Dragons can't be trusted, they may have sliver tongues, but they don't know the GoldenTreasures that come with True friendship....
  • @kathy, thank you for letting us know. Please see my reply to your PM.

OB, a round of drinks for everyone here please, on my tab. I'll take a tall Tanqueray and tonic with a twist of lime please.
  • Thanks @Sweetp :D much better now!
    @DesperateDan, sorry about the crown, looks like @Ixan57 gets to shine it this time around!!lol
    You can still claim the Fez though ;)
  • Derbyshire is a nice part of the country, my wife hails from there. Ilkeston to be precise(not the nice part unfortunately). The Peak District is especially scenic, we hired a large house with another family in Matlock a couple of summers ago. It was sizzling, bbq's n hot tubs all the way.
  • @DesperateDan, what a relaxing way to spend summer!
  • Sounds nice @Brian N. I'll have to read back since to lean more about Derbyshire
    Sorry i missed some stuff, I got a lot going on at home lately.
  • @kathy how did I get the crown, was not like that a couple of days ago. Did the posts move?
  • @ixan57, see top of page 2983, fandabidozi won you the crown. Page 2984 had a brief existence but was deleted due to an overlong post. Do keep up at the back ;-).
  • @sweetp, I think you meant @brianN. My entire summer (which technically ends in 8 hours time) has been spent on furlough which in the circumstances is not as relaxing as it sounds. Derby is a city that depends heavily on the air industry, which as you can imagine, makes it not a very happy place at the moment. But I am not complaining, many many people have had a far tougher time than me. The city hospital is just a few minutes walk away and there are a lot of workers living round here who have probably never had a summer like it. And autumn/fall may be just as tough. Being a happy little puppy sometimes feels like a good option! OB, get me something strong.
  • @DesperateDan thanks i am normally asleep over in the corner. suddenly i got hit in the head with a big lump of metal. ah well a few beers and back to sleep
  • @Kathy would you stop throwing big lumps of metal about the BP
  • Oh my head hurts
  • Hey @ixan57,you could say ur crown was lost in the post! That's Royal Mail for ya.
  • Oops, sorry @DesperateDan. You're right I did mean @brianN. I think all the beautiful fall colors has gotten to my head! That's my story and I'm sticking to it! LOL

Happy Fall Y'all!
    https://angrybir.de/3iTEJW8
  • Very good @brianN! Just remember that making jokes about the post does not translate politics-free across the pond. Oh, it's a minefield making conversation in here.
    Only posting this because I can't sleep having been woken up by a dream in which I was clinging to the roof of a moving train. Is that a metaphor for real life? I hope not but sometimes it feels like it.
    There's nothing like a foggy golden autumn morning melting into sunshine @sweetp.
    https://youtu.be/dJbp_GjD9VE
  • Not so sure about that, tho a famous Irish man once said'Life is a rollercoaster'
Post in the New Forum!