The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2923
  • 159738 Comments
  • @Tompuss and @kathy, the first thing I thought when I saw that owl, was Harry Potter's Hedwig!! LOL
  • Oops, sorry I didn't mean to take your crown today @kathy. Definitely don't deserve the honor. I'll give it a quick shine and give it right back!!

OB, please get whatever @kathy wants and put it on my tab. Thank you.
  • I love owls! Beautiful pic @sweetp.
    And I thought of Hedwig too.
  • Aww @Sweetp the crown looks good on you! I'm sure you'll return it in ship shape, and shiny: D
    Lol I forgot about Hedgewig , it does kinda look like him, then again don't all Snowy Owls look alike?
  • @kathy, lol I suppose you're correct! All snowy owls look alike. Such a beautiful bird.
  • They certainly are @Sweetp Beautiful Birds, It would be so cool to actually see one!
    Near us there is a place called Blue Hills, where many people go hiking, they have a small 'zoo ' type area, i guess like a conservatory? @Gumby probably knows better than I, but they have a Bald Eagle there I've heard! shame on me for not making time to go there honestly, this Spring (55 Days, 23 hours and 46 minutes-...) But 'meh who's counting lol! anyway ya I'm going make a point to take the hour drive and check it out..:D
  • @kathy, you'll love seeing those bald eagles! There are quite a few of them here in the area. It's not uncommon to spot one on occasion, perched high above the lakes (hunting grounds for eagles and osprey) and in some of the areas near the tree line. So majestic!

Haha, I chuckled when I saw you're counting down the days until spring is officially here! But, we'll have snow well into March, like last year when we came to buy our house. In fact, the day we closed escrow, May 1st, it snowed overnight! At 6,500 ft. elevation, it's pretty much the norm around here.
  • @kathy WASSSUUUPPP I live right at the base of the Blue Hills and haven't gone into their facilities. I used to walk the dogs up there but they would have ticks on them every time we came back. I hate parasites.

@sweetp hows it going out there in the wilderness?
  • @Gumby Waassssuppppp???
    Yes i hate ticks too, thanks for reminding me lol, I'll probably never go there now lol!
    They are my worst worst worst bug! i used to have them on me all the time as a kid! they suck literally! Ohhh my, I'm gonna have nightmares now, the memories! Once when i was eating breakfast, i was probably 10 years old, it must've come in on the dog or one of our clothing, But It Was Crawling across the table while i was eating! I couldn't understand but didn't take the time to think about Why it left it's host sucker and was now on the kitchen table, I hope it liked Cheerios and milk, because i flipped and ran upstairs screaming, insisting my mother check my whole head, while i frantically stripped my clothes and ran for the bathtub! arggghh hh!! sooo many
    horrible memories!! :(
  • I could probably match @KimmieCV Tales of Snails, with my Tales of Of Ticks!!!eeewww...
  • Aww @Sweetp What a beautiful girl! Thank God you found her! poor baby :( well she has a good family now and a loving Momma :D
    Your views are breathtaking!, I gotta find time to take some pics of my new place, My House but the Sea, well not a house, but a home :D (apt.) totally opposite views from yours but equally as beautiful ! I have views of the Ocean out my front window and the Bay from my back window and huge porch, can see the Sunrise in the morning, and the Sunset in the evening, is awesome!
    And we have the ability to share each majestic view!
    If not for some friends here in the Nest, I'd never know what the rest of the world looks like! as the castles in Europe and the creative infrastructure in the Netherlands, and on I go.. Chatty Kathy ,heeehee!
  • @kathy, you crack me up! Love your chatty self, it makes me smile. I can hardly wait to see your pictures of your new home! I've always loved the beach, and the beauty of the ocean.
    The other day when I stopped in for a cup of tea, I was feeling pretty low. My other dog, Gizmo passed away after getting hit by a car. Took him to the vet, but he was suffering from a fractured skull and brain damage so we had to put him down. I sure do miss the little guy. I used to call him "little clown" because he always made us laugh. Funny, how pets can steal your heart!
  • Ooohhh @Sweetp I'm so sorry to hear about Gizmo , I remember you talking about him before, you baby :( He got hit by a car poor thing, I have no words ((((((((Hug)))))))))
    Peace knowing All Pets go to Heaven, they are the light of the World... and are forever loved and are reborn to play forever ... more ((((((Hugs))))))
  • Well, sweet dreams my friend. Have a great weekend!
  • Ahh Yes @SweetP , The Rainbow Bridge..
    He was soo little ,lol.. I'm sure Bella misses him awful :(
  • @kathy WASSSSUUUPPPP
    @sweetp sorry to hear about your doggie :( The view of the mountains is great.
  • @Gumby Waaassssuupppp??? (better late than never) :D
  • Thanks @gumby. It really is beautiful here. Best decision we made for our retirement! ❤
  • @kathy WASSSSUUUUPPP
    @sweetp my dogs are getting old now so the sad day is coming. 14 and 12 years old.
  • @Gumby Wwwaaassssuuuppp????
  • @gumby, I know what you mean. Our babies are family, and love them as much as they love us, unconditionally. I have another little pup. She's going to be 14 this year and she has arthritis in the left hip. Have to keep her on a diet or she'll get too fat!
  • Ah, @SweetP , the older we get the more of our paw kids are waiting for us just over the Rainbow Bridge. I always tell mine to find their sisters and brothers and wait for me to join them. The end breaks your heart, but there is so much love while they are with us ❤️.
  • @kathy WAAASSSUUUPPP
    @sweetp and @catsnbirds my 14 year old is starting to have a hard time standing up from laying down position. Could be the hips, large breeds usually have hip trouble when they get older. The 12 year old thinks he is Underdog. He recently jumped off of the roof of the garage. He hurt 3 of his little legs ( luckily none were broken ). He was back his normal self after 4 or 5 days.
  • @Gumby Waaassssuupppp? Good to hear that Underdog is feeling better :D
  • @gumby Hmmm, how did Underdog get on the garage roof? One of my cats is also an aerialist, she makes incredible leaps to get on top of anything in the house. She also likes to slink into closets or cupboards when the door opens, she is quick and sneaky about it. When I notice I haven't seen her in a bit, I have to remember just what door I may have opened for a moment. And there she'll be!
  • @Catsnbirds Once long ago, i couldn't find my cat anywhere, until I looked in places one normally looks after searching obvious spots, she was comfortably licking the butter in the refrigerator lol! She was the same, any open for, she'd slink right on in not being noticed hahaha, ;)
  • @SweetP Oh, I’m so sorry about your dog, you must be devastated, dear. . How much time we spend worrying about our pets - but we wouldn’t be without them ❤️

Loved the picture of the owl, and I’m sooooo envious of your view! Still waiting for the lottery to move to the mountains!

For when you have time, here’s a full documentary about owls:

https://youtu.be/DfVs91kKI-Y

xoxo
  • @kathy WASSSSUUPPP
    @catsnbirds I didn't see him get up there, but I assume that he chased a squirrel up to the back of the garage and jumped up there. The back yard near the garage is 5 to 6 feet higher than the rest of the yard.
  • @Gumby Waaassssuupppp????
  • @Gumby Waaassssuupppp??
    Any one watching the Superbowl?? I am, waiting for something to happen lol!
    OB set out some Appetizers, chicken wings, shrimp, cheese and crackers, whatever you got back there in @Sunshine's kitchen..
    Drinks in the House, let's this party started!
  • I hope that worked, I can't hear it, something wrong with my volume on my phone:/
  • @kathy Did you hit the unmute button on the YouTube screen? Thanks, love ❤️ Maroon 5. Adam shirtless with tats in full view, sure did enjoy that halftime show. And congrats to the Pats yet again!!
  • Thanks @catsnbirds :D and yes I'll have to check that, I've been having trouble with my sound, notifications and you tube.. I'll check my settings again:)
    Yes i love Maroon5 ! Happy the link worked anyway
    Heading for Dreamland, Nighty Night ♡♡♡
  • @kathy, congrats on another Super Bowl championship!
  • Thanks @Sweetp :D
    and @Catsnbirds Yep!! that was the trouble,, thank you! sooo Agree about Adam ;)
    @Gumby Waaaaaasssssuuuuppppp ????
  • @Gumby Waassssuppppp???
  • The Bunny is lurking!
  • @hunnybunny Welcome to the lurk club!
  • Lol @Hunnybunny I see you!!
    @catsnbirds You too :D
    I'm always Lurking, but often can't reply :/ It's nice to know there's always someone keeping OB company :D
    @Gumby Waaassssuupppp????
  • Lurkers of the world unite
  • Put down your newspapers
  • @kathy WASSSSSUUUPPP times 4 :P
  • @Gumby Wassssuppp??? lol!! 4x in 4 days!
  • @Gumby? Nooo Waassssuppppp???
  • Time to take off the winter hat and put my Crown back on :D
    38 Days, 3 Hours, 56 minutes and counting Until the Vernal Equinox, First day of Spring!!
  • Guess it takes a few minutes to kick in¿..
    Ob I'll have a Sunupper , blast from the past, with a shot of Sunshine's Super Secret Flinging Potion please ;)
Post in the New Forum!