The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2419
  • 159787 Comments
  • Update! All 3 birds - all diamonds & rings 77120! Back to ham dunk!
  • Yay, another puppy! And on an ancient levels, too.
  • @Mumsie Do you know if a video is OK for puppy proof, or do you think I should add a screenshot along with it?
  • And meanguy immediately gets another thrive glitch and blows my shiny new high score out of the water by 14k points. I can't see how this one can be allowed.
  • @kelani -- Please help! Somehow I made a real mess of entering 2 and 3* scores in the NBA levels, starting with 3-n. Can you please come after me and clean my mess up? I know it will really irritate Slim.
  • Happy Friday! !:D
    @Kelani sorry to hear that, i was looking forward to hearing more:( too bad you broke up the two of you have such talent:(

Thanks @Mumsie :)
  • Edited by kathy oppsy read that wrong:/ thought it was Mumsie said that about 3 star scores ..
  • @mvnla2 which levels? and what do you want done?
  • @kelani -- Starting with level 3-7, there are a lot of levels where I entered the wrong score and therefore the wrong 2* or 3* max, min. Not sure why it was so bad, but Gaah! I wish I had been drinking, 'cause then I'd have an excuse, even if most of the damage was done before lunch. Thanks for your help.
    [Edit] -- Can you delete the erroneous comments, etc. Thanks
  • @mvnla2 so all comments from from 3-7 to 3-11 or 3-15, or../ I got rid of the oldest two on 3-7.

edit: I left one on 3-9. 3-11 and 3-15. and also the 2-4 . let me know if any of those go also.
  • I got notification that @Estar uploaded a video on you tube for
    How to Unlock the Garazeb "Zeb" Orrelios reward level
    What world is that.? I'm assuming Sw 2 ? Or Epic ?
  • @Kelani -- Thanks! Not sure if you got rid of any that were correct (just can't remember), but it's probably better to have deleted some good ones, than to have left some bad ones.
  • Thanks @Kelani it's not noted on the you tube so i was just curious it looks interesting maybe I'll try sw2 someday..... maybe
    OB could i have a PigKiller please. .
  • @mvnla2 I may have gotten one or two good ones, but I tried to only zap the ones where you posted a "whoops". :)
  • At least you tried @mvnla2 :D
    I'm surpised the averages aren't that high in ham dunk? Ive broken my rule though I have enterdd some under average scores :/
  • @Kathy why wouldn't you enter under average scores? It skews the average if you don't.
  • Actually, I think you told me that a long time ago. :)
  • @Kelani it's a personal challenge I try to get above average without looking at walkthroughs when i first start any new world/episode .I used to be happy with 3 stars lol.
    Now I'm not happy till I'm in the 100 club And then work on top 10 :D

Edit : I know ' get a life' haha
  • @Kathy I do the same, but I still enter my scores from my personal leaderboard as I go. Never have to see a walkthrough, and can see after the first runthrough where to work on. Also keeps the average accurate.
  • I'm doing that on ham dunk @Kelani , just doing the best i can without to much and entering on my leaderboards weather average our not.
  • @Kathy -- Don't think very many people have entered scores, especially on the NBA league pass, or whatever it's called. I've gotten several high scores, all of which I expect to be beaten within the next day or 2.
  • Ooh @mvnla2 I agree .. all my scores (even the below average) are in the top 100
    Maybe is not available on all platforms yet ? But ya I expect to get kicked down the boards soon lol enjoy it while we can:)
  • *yawnstretch*
  • Chirp chirp...
  • I'm out
    Night night @kelani hope you getb your 'newmineallminepad' soon
    See ya tomorrow:)
  • @Kathy actually, ya mind reader, that's been taken care of. I went and got one today. But until the otterbox comes in, I'm scared to touch it. Luckily, you can still use it through the plastic wrap, so I haven't taken it off yet. :)
  • Night Ma
  • Good afternoon @BeautifulVVorld.
    As you graciously said two days ago, "Let me lead BI #2".
    Your move. lol

Edit: There are still lots of points left in part two. Not so many in part one.
  • Yeah! @rat - you've managed some flinging time! WTG! Give my regards to Mrs Rat I have this mental picture of her heaving a sigh of relief when you are flinging and then she goes about her daily chores not worrying as much about you!
  • Regards passed @Mumsie.
    But Mrs. Rat is much happier when I feel good enough to do the chores and she can relax and play the games. ha ha ha
    I have felt better the last few days. Fingers crossed that it lasts. And although it was long enough to sneak ahead of that young upstart, I fear my lead won't last. Romo is very determined.
  • Good to hear you're feeling better @rat9!
  • Now that the weekend is here, I can do some flinging in that new basketball episode, even though I never really liked that game. Heehee.

Congrats on getting your new iPad @Kel! Now you can fling to your heart's content and not worry about your cousin borrowing it!
  • My apologies, this is just a quick hello/goodnight fly-by. Going to take my tablet to bed for some flinging and then it's shuteye time.

Have a good night/morning!
  • I don't think @Kelani's bought that new iPad yet @SweetP. I think he's still smashing piggy banks and counting pennies.
    Enjoy your nap.
  • @Kelani -- Congrats on the new iPad. Can't believe you haven't taken the plastic wrap off. What are you worried about?
    @Rat -- A toast of orange juice (champaign optional) to feeling better!
    BTW -- You missed Kelani's post where he said he broke down and bought one.
  • You're right @Mvnla2. I missed where @Kel said he bought an iPad. I even when back and reread every post since he said he was going to Walmart Saturday to buy one. I still missed it. Maybe he edited it out because I don't see it.

BTW-Kill that orange juice order. I laid down for an hour and now I'm in terrific pain with a nasty headache to boot. ?????? What a difference a nap makes.

Edit: Nevermind @Mvnla2. I see the post at midnight last night now. I'm blind.
  • Lol @kelani
    I got a Gear4 case for my iTouch
    And then *crack* still works but with a big crack on the screen ;)
  • @Kelani No more cousin excuses. I expect to see you up here with Romo and me in BI now. Get that wrap off your shiny new iPad and commit. lol
  • I feel your pain @AEX10.

I'm not sure what type bulky cover I have on my iPad. But it makes flinging more difficult. Mrs. Rat said the next step was to bubble wrap it. So even though it's harder to fling with it on, it's a lot less expensive than the FREQUENT screen and iPad replacements. lol It's not my fault. My fingers go numb. Maybe I should get one of those wrist straps they use on Wii controllers.
  • @mvnla2 because I didn't have a stand, and I'm not leaving it on my lap without a case. I'm just trying to minimize the ever-present breakage risk until the case got here, which it did a few mins ago.

If you think I'm being silly, Here's a partial list of things I've broken within 12 hours after purchase.

2 laptops (one fell out of my bag and went down three flights of stairs, another fell out of my car and into a sewer drain.)
    1 LCD TV (it had a faulty transformer. caught on fire when plugged in)
    3 cell phones (dropped two normally, #3 I fell off a table on a 10th floor balcony, bounced off my shoe, and sailed through the railing. Never saw it again.)
    My second car. I backed into a basketball pole when I brought it home.

@AEX10 how'd you crack it? drop or putting the case on? :)

@Rat You're right. I was going to go shopping today, but cousin unexpectedly dropped by with money for my old one, so I went shopping early.

I was not looking forward to moving all my data, but that went perfectly. Except for one thing. For convenience on my old one, I used the same app store ID as my mom so she could use my ancient 3% cash back Paypal card. So I had to keep that ID, or rebuy all my purchases. Apple doesn't allow transfers, apparently. The only downside is, whenever mom or I add/change/remove an app on our devices, the other will get a notification. And it may screw up icloud backup for me as well, but I'll figure that out later.

I still hate Apple, but I like this toy so far. Being a music guy, I'm a fan of anything with stereo speakers and stereo microphones.
  • @Rat this is the case I got: http://amzn.com/B00GA2P746

Yes, it's expensive, but it works. I could drop the thing and not worry. I also like it because the second piece is a combination stand and screen cover. When you're carrying it around, it snaps over the glass so the whole thing is protected in silicone and polycarbonate. If you don't want that piece or the stand, there's a similar case that's like $10-15.
  • Yay!! @Kelani soo happy you got your iPad:D I don't blame you forleaving the plastic on until you get the case especially with apple .. everyone i know that has one has a cracked screen phone or tablet uhmm except one guy but he is super careful!
    @Pa Yay your feeling better ♡♡ go get em' !!
  • @Kathy Yknow, you're right. Everyone has a cracked screen and somehow lives with it. I sure couldn't. Once I stopped screaming and kicking things, I'd be fixing it.

Hopefully that new sapphire-based glass will come out soon. It'll make screens cost a lot more, and weigh more, but should be pretty much unbreakable. (they say the device would break before the screen does)
  • @Kelani I don't understand why Apple uses whatever they use for the s reens now ? I've had several Samsung phones and a couple tablets and i know others that do as well and never have cracked screen (except the refurbished /new one recently which i think must have been dropped Before and had a small fracture that went unnoticed)
  • I just ordered a new case for my nexus . Should be here on Wednesday I got it from amazon for 12 $ but I'm using a cheapo (but more expensive 29 $) that i bought at staples just until that kind comes. This one isn't really that great so I'll return it after.
  • @Kathy Corning's Gorilla glass is the best thing out there. Unlike most glass, It's flexible and resists scratches very well. It also has a treatment to help stop small cracks from spreading. They keep making it thinner, though, and devices that small just can't be made very strong. A lot more companies than Apple use that glass. Actually, I think Samsung does as well, but has a privacy agreement with Corning to not disclose that.

The new stuff that's coming out eventually is much better, though. It's supposed to be unbreakable and can only be scratched with diamond. But it might add $50-100 to the cost of devices :/
  • Well what does Apple use now that keeps cracking? Or is it the same just thinner ? I guess my question is if they both use this corning stuff why are iPhone's more prone to cracking?
Post in the New Forum!