The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2149
  • 159622 Comments
  • @Kathy, suggestion #3 (there is a total of 27, are you ready for this?)

Just kidding, I'm done.
  • O.k @fenikus I didn't realize there was a setting for that. .can you edit thet comment to include @e-star she's the only one of @team who can add or change page 1.. other than Ripsy but he's among the 'real life world'atm lol
  • Gold star could make people become violent if they like a tidy inbox. :P
  • Really @fenikus I totally appreciate your suggestions cuz i imagine it can be confusing when a newcomer enters and doesnt realize there are over 2000 pages lol the longest forum in history probably lol who knew when we started this it would be soo popular ;)
  • O.k I'm going back to flinging :)
  • @Kathy thanks for the nomination. I was looking at it, and it says I have 4 votes, but only you and Mrs. @hunnybunny voted. Is that a typo, or is someone being sneaky behind the scenes?
  • I never noticed there were so many tall people in South Carolina when I was (briefly) there. Watching the Miss USA contest. Miss South Carolina is 6 feet tall. Miss NC is like 5 feet nothing. Rat is 6'5 and Kelani is 5'7. I see a pattern.
  • @fenikus I bet Miss NC looks better, though :P
  • @Kelani, she got eliminated. Miss SC is still in. Okay, no more spoiler alerts because this will air later on west coast and I'm *SURE* @mvnla2 is on pins and needles waiting for the show to start! ;-)
  • Oh yeah, she's got the drinks and chips all ready. :D
  • @Kelani, Miss SC did make my dogs jump in terror when she shrieked her name, age, and state in ridiculously high pitch at the beginning of the show. Maybe there's a pattern with SC people sounding like that too? No, I don't need that mental image of rat...
  • Uhhmm @kelani Im not sure about the voting but if it says 4 then you can be sure is correct @sunshine and @Mumsie keep very good track..I don't Know if it Always Shows who voted for you:/
  • @Kathy, @kelain, @Rat, @MVnla2: Hi there, sorry, got distracted. Thanks for the warm. Welcome! Tip of the day? Decant your fine red wines at least an hour, and two hours is better.
  • Hey @dmsral ;) we thought lost you or scared you away lol;)
    Im not sure about the wine.. that is ripsy department ..but maybe @mvnla2 will know :)
  • welcome back @dsmral we thought you'd read back a few pages and fled in terror. :)
  • Welcome back @dmsral. Virgina is it?
  • @dmsral if you click on the black # on the bottom of the page it refreshes quickly ;)
  • Uhmm the blue #sorry b whichever the last # iine @fenikus help?
  • @fenikus -- Are you talking about the Miss America Pagent? I didn't realize men watched that! I haven't watched since I was a teen. Besides HWDNF is watching the backet-ball finals.
    @Kathy @fenikus -- People who live in the south and are reasonably active:
    Georgia: Wicket, Angryboy/AngryPerson,
    FL: Angry Advisor/lesleyleg,
    Kentucky: swelld -- Does KY count?
    NC: Kelani
    Virginia: there are lots of people. Does VA count?
    Mississippi: Anonymoussomeone
    Which states do you want to count?
  • Uhmm the blue #sorry b whichever the last # iine @fenikus help?
  • Most of the current top Space addicts are oldish men. Don't tell me you're in that category @dmsral. We need some diversity.
  • Thanks @mvnla2 I was pretty sure @angryboy was from Georgia. .I didn't know @lesleyg was from fla though ;)
  • @mvnla2 seriously? Men watch Miss America, although we do so in a semi-catatonic state. Same thing happens when a Victoria's Secret commercial comes on.

btw, they may not be active, but I did see a KY and TN user on your map.

@Kathy I don't see a black # on my page. I just hit F5.

@Rat oldish? speak for yourself :P
  • @Rat, yes, Virginia, right next door to Dulles airport.
    @Kelani: I'm pretty hard to scare away.
    Heading to bed in a few minutes though.
  • @dmsral @kathy -- I only drink white wine, but I'm sure dmsral is correct.
    The wine list on the first page has some really good wines, selected by @rdnzlrips82. Order a glass (or two) and enjoy! I get the impression you were distracted by a bottle of good wine?
    I'm sure it must be click on the blue button, but I've never tried that, I just use the refresh at the top of the page.
  • @Kathy: Wine is one of my other passions. I went to wineries 134 times last year.
  • @kelani i don't have F5 on my phone lol..I just hit the last page # faster than hitting the refresh button...a little birdie named @kimmiecv taught me that. .see a new pup can teach an old dog new trick..
    Pa I think @dmsral is in the category you speak of and he had a beautiful kitty that's his avatar that he also lost not long ago:(
  • Oopsy talking over everyone sorry :/
  • @Kathy: Yes, that's Leo, who went to the rainbow bridge last year. We got a beautiful new kitty from a shelter, a "torby", that we named Traminetta, or Minette for short.
  • @Kathy ah the last PAGE #. That bit of info is helpful :)

so @dsmral is an oenophile? Judging by that p1 menu, there seems to be a few of them around here.

Sorry to hear about Leo. That is a great avatar. When I first saw it, I thought it looked like my cat, except the color.
  • @Kelani: I've got about 340 bottles of wines right now, so yes.
  • @dmsral -- Where were all of these wineries? Surely not in VA, or on the east coast anywhere???
    @Kathy the blue button with the page number at the bottom of the page does work.
  • @dmsral -- What is a torby?
  • Oh yes @dmsral I remember the story of the rainbow bridge ♡ and Leo even has a place on the abn wall;)
  • @dmsral -- Are there any whites in your collection, which is very impressive BTW?
  • @mvnla2: Virginia has the 5th highest number of wineries in the US, 270 and climbing. Loudoun County, my area, has 44, which is totally awesome!
  • NC is getting quite a few as well. There's a big one at Biltmore House
  • Can links be posted here?
  • sure can
  • So @dmsral -- Are all the wineries you visited in VA, and is all your wine from there?
  • @mvnla2: I've been to 101 of Virginia's wineries so far, most of my wine is from them. We went up to Finger Lakes last fall. Went to New Mexico last month and hit 5 wineries there. Also been to wineries in Arizona, Texas, Maryland and Pennsylvannia.
  • There will be a test tomorrow! :-) Heading to bed, TTYL!
  • Here's the Biltmore one. http://www.biltmore.com/wine/visit-the-winery

That whole estate is amazing. Largest residence in America, and just stuck in the middle of nowhere.

@dmsral I think just your showing up here helps my scores. Glad ya stopped by!
  • @Kelani: Thanks a bunch! Went to Biltmore Estate when I was a teenager, didn't drink wine way back then though. See ya tomorrow. Zzzzzz
  • Night @dmsral lol I'll be sure to study up.. im sure @mvnla2 will pass the test with flying colors; )
    So happy you could join us here :)
  • @dmsral -- Very interesting article on VA wine:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/vineyards-that-are-putting-virginia-on-the-fine-wine-map/2013/11/21/347a6ffa-3dbf-11e3-b6a9-da62c264f40e_story.html
    Sounds like it is mostly red, but didn't click on the links. Also sounds like I'll never see it in CA.
  • @dmsral -- You didn't say if you had any whites??? You should really come to CA, Napa, Sonoma, etc. to compare.
  • Oh crap. #9 is a RSL.
Post in the New Forum!