The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2144
  • 159583 Comments
  • I really gotta go now though m falling asleep as we speak..
    Night night Pa..I can barely even flinh..
    *hands flashlight to OB*
    Night night all
  • Sweet dreams Ma
  • Ty pa♡
  • Sounds like a round (fine, a toroidal) churro to me. Yep, I'm distracted, @Rat . Too sleepyhungry to fling any longer. You shoulda tried it a few hours ago when I was still accomplishing stuff :)

'night @RatKathy
  • Hi @all. I'd like to ask a dumb question regarding this problem with the leaderboard. Should I check my total score I have in BI part 1 so far? I'm only up to level 16, and haven't made a comparison yet.

@JLZ666 nice pictures, thank you for sharing! Thanks for the glass of wine, even though I don't know where that police house is, it's still very pretty.

Speaking of #16, @fenikus I read your alternate strat in the walkthrough, but can't figure out where on the first boulder I should aim Terence. I'm trying to figure out what "wedging its remains between the wooden 'arm' to the far right and the tnt..." is referring to? Please help?
  • Came to #10 of episode 1 and think that I found already my level #14 (of BR). Bad score, really bad score. Really fun to play - till now
  • @bernersenn my friend, you gotta think billiards here, not brute force destruction like in Rio. Tune in to channel 10 for an exclusive video ;-)

Hope you're enjoying your mini vacation in Germany!
  • @fenikus, you're a genius. Why didn't I came up to that? Haven't tried it yet, but I will. By thw way, how did you know I'm in Germany, as I fortunately am? @kathy?
  • @kelani, comparing scores between the leaderboards and GC isn't always the right way. I'm playing this stuff variously on 2 Ipads, depending on the status of their batteries. Since I'm on a short trip I have lots of time for playing - and I don't like playing with a cable connected to the device. And yes, I enter my own highscores on the leaderboard. When there will be discussions about my scores, I always can post all my highscores - as I mostly do with great scores.
  • @Rat -- Churro I've heard of / seen, but shwarma -- what is that? Personally, I prefer Indian fry bread to churros. BTW, did you all miss donut day? It was last Fri, same day as D-Day, and lots of donut stores were giving out free donuts. I didn't bother, but thought it was a rather bizarre coincidence.
  • Double comments, sorry for that
  • Lol that's o.k @bernersenn ;)
    @mvnla2 yes the Dunkin Donuts around here were giving free donuts yesterday.
    I thought it was Because it was DDay.
  • @Kathy -- Missed that connection. Here they were talking about Krispy Kream.
  • @Sweetp on level #16 see the 2 clumps of boulders with a big stick inn between. I am aiming at the very bottom of the first clump the clump should break apart and hit the tnt. Then lazer some how find clear shot at the upper tnt. Good luck. Not sure if that is what @fenikus is doingm
  • @mvnla2 maybe it was just a coincidence then hmm:/
  • @bernersenn in your case, make a list of your highest scores on both devices and compare with ABN. IMO, anyone who entered BI scores on Thursday should check, most importantly, anyone who entered them before the leaderboard reset (around 1230 EDT, Thursday).

You went to Germany? Nobody tells me anything. :P

@Sweetp it's not anything hard. Look at total score leaderboard, look at the BI episode select screen, see if the numbers match :P
  • @mvnla2 A shawarma is like the Arab version of Subway. They cook various meats all day on a vertical rotisserie, then shave off thin slices and serve it in a Taboon bread (flatbread) wrap with a lot of toppings and condiments.
  • I like the lamb or lamb combo shawarma with the bread he used to hold the meat as he sliced. Good juices. Best I ever had was a hole in the wall at Piccadilly Circus in London. I can't find a decent one in the states. They think a gyro is a suitable sub. Ha!

Not much flingin for me today. I'm on dining room chair upholstery duty. It's change the décor year. Ouch!
  • Sorry about that @fenikus.
  • @Rat Wanna borrow my Surebonder upholstery stapler? :P My area of NC is full of old-timers who can make upholstering into an art form. Amazing to watch those guys work.
  • Oh yay. @burpie and I post a nice strategy on #27 and two people come along, spank us with it, then thank us for the privilege.
  • @SweetP, tune into channel 16 for an exclusive video.
  • Sorry about what, @Rat? Oh, you mean your temporary venture to the top spot in BI pt. 1? Sorry, I was making some videos and inadvertently picked up few K. I really was going to let you enjoy your achievement for at least an hour.
  • Tell you what @Rat: It's a perfect sunny day here and after a lazy morning of basking in the sun, dogs want to go into the wild. If you pick up some extra points, I promise you'll stay on top at least until later tonight or tomorrow morning ;-)
  • @fenikus I found my Pt 1 score typo. #9 was 63,840 and I typed 63,480. I fixed that and then my device/ABN score was 2,297,310 / 2,297,400 :P Twice more through all the scores and I found a #11 65,890 / 65,980 transposition. All matches now.

Aren't you glad I'm not your accountant? :)

edit: @Rat at 4:30 I become ipadless til tomorrow night, so you'll get no challenges outta me, either.
  • I also thought I had taken one of your top scores @fenikus. But I'm not sure now. Two other people have also beat you this morning.

All I have is an arrow stapler @Kelani. It'll work...but it ain't Purdy.
  • @Kelani @Fenikus All kidding aside. It's going to be a while before the dust settles. Leads at this point are not important.
  • Hmm... @Rat -- I think there are some places in LA that make what you would call a real shawarma, not just a gyro. They are also holes-in-the-wall types. Can't say how they compare to Piccadilly Circus though.
  • @kelani, I checked my scores, they all are ok. Thursday I only played 2 or 3 levels. I'm not that fast. @rat, about that dust: think that you're right, before we can say about any settlement we are 3 weeks on route, as it did with the river also
  • And ... This time it's not only up to me to defend the dutch colors: @burpie will help - as @estar created the walkthrough videos. So, be warned!
  • The Dutch are definitely represented. Who's on dam duty? Not poor Hans again. His finger is all wrinkly from the water.
  • @rat, I'm so sorry. Hoped that your thumb should be recovered before this game started. (And I'm not going to say that it's swollen). Oops, bad word here?
  • It's a trapped nerve in my neck and shoulder that causes the thumb problem @bernersenn. The talk about ice and heat on my thumb is for dramatic effect only. I do use heat and cold on my neck to keep the inflammation under control though.
  • @Rat Purdy. Good one. You mean you have no pneumatic stapler? My God man, Those are murder on your hands. The hard squeeze then the recoil shock when it fires? Bad, bad news.

I know leads aren't important now, but it's still fun to maintain that illusion. Then a month from now when everything calms down, some new guys will come in and shake it up again by posting impossible scores. :P

@bernersenn swollen isn't a bad word, but I understand why you asked. A lot of similar words can be. :)
  • I love it when I see an impossibly high score, then beat it by 7k.
  • Great feeling @Kelani. What level?
  • @Rat #39 Hope to finish pt 2 before my time runs out, but 40 is just weeeird.
  • @all, as I saw that most of you didn't had such good scores for #12 (only @kelani has), I posted a new strat for it. Perhaps you can make this strat to a highscore
  • I wonder if many of the previous Space players will come back once they see how quickly their overall rankings are dropping. I went from 8th to 4th overall and not even through with all the levels yet.
  • I know it will last about five minutes, but I'm #1 on Beak pt 1
    Yippee
    Running around like a mad woman (no change there!)
  • WTG @hunnybunny :) I'm #1 on BI2. With no score augmentation this time :P I'm now ipadless for the next 24, so I guess I get to watch everyone tear away at my tiny lead.
  • @hunnybunny, I know the feeling, just lost my highscore for #7, so got a new one for #12. As mentioned by @rat, things ll be clear after a month. As I asked here, please try this strat for #12 and make me happy by passing me, substantial
  • @kelani I had absolutely nothing to do today, tomorrow is slightly busy, Monday is manic. Watch me slip down the leaderboard. As normal. I'm good until the big boys and girls come in with their unrepeatable strats
    @rat you know it's you :-)
    Well done Kel on your first place in BI2 I've only three starred it so far, other than that hideous canon / space egg / sparkly egg level....
  • @OB, drinks for everyone, they need it. Perhaps add a little snack to it? Do we have those in this pub?
    By the way, @rat, @mvnla2 asked you in #13 to add a strat for that level. She misspelled your name in the comments, so perhaps you didn't noticed. You're @rat9 in the walkthroughs, isn't it? Btw, I'm struggling with this level myself :-)
  • @bernersenn did you read @Lyrian 's comments on #13? That's a good strategy. I had a different one, but I'm not sure how well it'll play out. I sent OB into the blue dome below the satellite dish, or even through the ice planks above. Then bomb across the top and detonate near lava.
  • @bernersenn looked at #12 my score is OK I think it's one of Thursdays first attempts, so I have absolutely no idea how I got there. Can't get close now, perhaps I'll try again in the morning when my head is clearer
    Which leads me on to @kelani I did so well in Beak pt 1 first time round, just look at Beak pt 2, my scores remain the same. All about 25k under average uuuuurrrrggghhhh....
    I think "overfling" should be added to the OED
Post in the New Forum!