The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 1651
  • 159836 Comments
  • Night @kathy, @mvnla2, sleep welll
  • @tas it's a bit of a stereotype isn't it, I'm not much of a purse or shoe nut, though I have friends who are.
    Much as I'm enjoying the lovely conversation, it's past midnight for me, so I have to call it a night. Hope everyone has a great evening!
  • 2ND PAGE CHANGE IN A ROW!?!?!? @grammy_k you just started coming here! How did you do that?
  • i must admit, although i dont have a husband, i recently got rid of a lot of old purses and just kept a few i swich between regularily.
  • i dont know? what is the prize for a page flip? maybe i just talk too much :-)
  • hermit comes out of shell, joins first forum ever, and cant stop talking :-)
  • G'nite @mvnla2 @karen68 sleep well. I'm starting to fade out too, but will hang for a little while longer.
    It's been a pleasure getting to know you @grammyk very interesting conversation. I can't believe how much geography we seem to have in common.
  • @grammyk The nest will do that to you! Great group of people. My son sees me frequent here & points out that not all of the web is evil. ;-)
  • @grammy No prize, just..... a concept.
  • Yeah @tas try to explain the page changer concept to @grammyk. She can tell you about toques. :-D
  • Actually I don't know much about the concept, but it's all the rage these days.
  • @abcrazy, yes, i am glad i joined. i am a unix,sql programmer since the eighties and have seen the web change so much over the years, from totally free and safe, to what it is today, so i stayed away the last 15 years or so, just using the info part of it. and the geography thing, that is truly spooky :-)
  • Really?!? You've been an avid pagechanger in recent memory. Perhaps that's trying too hard to be cool now. ;-)
  • @tas, @abcrazy, well i am glad i turn pages cause i sure dont turn heads any more :-)
  • What a busy day, I come in and 5 more pages appear
  • @grammyk I'm not a programmer myself but I recognize what you speak of in general terms. Personally, I did my best programming in assembly, but well... That's tedious. You were probably too close to the security side, I've had much fun exploring the various, mostly safe aspects of the www as I pretty much matured along with it. There are many very good, safe forums out there that are moderated to eliminate the deterioration of the old chat rooms.
  • Good morning @fbb Its been active here over the past few hours. Meet @grammyk in Canada. Grammyk, firebombbird is a young man in Vietnam who visits the BP regularly.
  • @tas you are no longer the only young he in the BP!
  • @abcrazy, yes you are right, lots of my work was protecting the financials data. the other thing i cant handle is all the advertising. like on facebook which i finally had to join a couple of weeks ago due to pressure from my kids, i feel like i am being yelled at all the time by all the flashing things. it gives me actual headaches. this forum is nice, just people talking.
  • @fbb, great to meet you! :-)
  • YAY finally the second human in the BP!
    I'm kidding. ;)
  • we forgive you. kids will be kids :-)
  • @Grammyk The ads are obnoxious. There is just no way to get around that. They only get more obnoxious the more people become immune to them. I've learned to ignore them. The creepy thing is how the ads are targeted at you based on how you use the web. They try, but just because I searched on a game for my kid doesn't mean I'm the least bit interested in other similar games. Fail.
    Yep, we be talking!
  • That is creepy.....
  • Time for me to head for bed. Nice chatting with you @grammyk I look forward to seeing you again. @tas @fbb Party on responsibly of course. See you tomorrow.
  • Exactly, and being a programmer, i am appalled at all the sloppy work out there. For example, kijiji, they make a decent site then never bother with the programming to make searching decent and efficient. and lots of code for searching has been around for more than twenty years.
  • me too, time to sleep, nite all.
  • @grammyk outsourcing.
  • 99 (nighty night) @all :D
  • I thought they'd never leave. Heyyou, Minnie, come out there's crumbs everywhere. And someone left a huge wheel of cheese!! Good times in the BP tonight.
  • Hey everyone :D
  • Uh oh, @fbb was lurking in the corner. I was talking to @Estar, @Kathy, @tas, @ABcrazy 12 hours ago. And they just finished a marathon discussion. I thought I had chatted for a long time, but only hours, not days.
  • Oops, Can't forget @grammyk.
  • How is everyone going?
  • I'm still ROTFLMAO from my earlier conversations wth @Estar. She's hilarious.
  • @Harrystar6--Don't know If you noticed, but there was a lot of mature estrogen in here all evening.
  • @Harrystar6--I guess they lost their internet connection in Australia.
  • @tas--Any good news on the update fiasco?
  • Well goodbye, going to sleep now.
  • @tas--I'm proud of you young man. You held your own against all that estrogen. Too much cheek pinching. I had to leave earlier.
  • Hey @fbb and @rat I am here just was watching tv. :)
  • Hey @tas have a good sleep :)
  • But I could be lurkng.... haha no.
  • Whoa!! Not only was/still is my day busy but I find that BP was Hoppin!! Of course when my Sweet Dutchie Friend pops in it usually gets to going!! LOL Sorry I missed you e-star and KitKat :(
    *shines KitKats flashlight for her use tomorrow, replaces batteries for her weekend flinging and sets out candles to see her safely to Dreamland *
    *puts all the goodies in pockets, sniffffs rose (thank you KitKat :•) and leaves a wheel of cheese by the mouse door, steps carefully over all the little critters gets ready to go to homes all over the world to deliver KitKats baby goodies*
    See you all later!! :)
    *Poof*
  • @all going to try out the new Rovio game ice breaker BBL :)
  • Good morning/evening @all! Wow! Busy night in the BP! Nice to see it bouncing again:) pity I missed you @estar:(
    @harry congrats again on your shiny well deserved badges! Let us know what you think of the new game,the trailer looked fun,although I REALLY don't need another addiction ;)
    @kimmie.....you here? I've got 10 mins left :((( I've just pinged you though so that probably wasn't the best plan! Have 1/2 day of work then I'm whisking my poor stressed out hubby away for the weekend! Woohoo!! Have had to pack the wellies though.......typical Scottish changeable weather:( Anyhoo it doesn't rain in a pub ;)
    Ok I'm rambling to myself! Sorry OB could I have a very strong and very large black coffee to go please? Cheers!
Post in the New Forum!