Rio won't open on Android, is it just me?
  • I downloaded Rio the first day from Amazon and it has been working perfectly. I tried to open it this morning, and nothing! My phone is an HTC Hero from Sprint, but my son is using an Evo and he is having problems opening as well. I press the icon, screen goes black (like normal) then goes back to home screen. I emailed Amazon Appstore, but I was wondering if it is just a problem with my phone, or if anyone noticed any problems. I thought about downloading from Android market, but wasn't sure if that would cause a conflict. I also thought about uninstalling and re installing, but was concerned that I would lose my progress. I am almost 3 star on all levels, and don't want to start over :).
  • 10 Comments
  • If you download from the Marketplace it will overwrite the one you downloaded from Amazon. I assume you've tried rebooting your phone?
  • I'm also having the same problem, if any one has any thoughts. Running Rio on a regular Droid, regular angry birds and angry birds seasons run fine. Though they were downloaded via the Marketplace, not the Amazon AppStore. Have tried rebooting, still not working.
  • I did try re booting, many times. I called Amazon and was told that this had happened to a few others. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Had to start over, but everything is glitch free now. I only need one banana to complete all levels now :). 4-15 is so frustrating!
  • Interesting. Glad you're up and running and appreciate the follow up.
  • I have the same issue with my mytouch 4g except with the new seasons update. Uninstall/reinstall did not work.it's just the new level...all others still work
  • Hi PamM, you must be connected to Internet to open new levels. Perhaps that helps. (Either WiFi or 3G or higher)
  • I am connected with 4g...and am sending this from that phone as proof ;)
  • PamM, some carriers don't allow apps to use data connections. That might be your problem, which means you'll have to use wi-fi.
  • Is that new with this update? All other levels in Seasons, Rio, and the original AB have always opened fine on this phone
  • This is the first one to require a daily internet connection. Seasons Greedings did require wi-fi / data, but it was only on first load. That was 7 months ago now, so things may have changed. I'm not saying that this is the problem, but it could be. I disabled wi-fi on my wife's Verizon iPhone and the levels opened fine with data-only.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!