Well, this one snuck up on us. RETRY, from Rovio’s LVL11, is now available worldwide! You can download it now from the iOS AppStore or Android’s Google Play store. Back in May of this year we announced RETRY’s soft-launch, but there hasn’t been much chatter about it since — well — until today.
RETRY is a spin on the Flappy Bird genre, in that it’s incredibly hard. With that said, it’s fun and rewarding and offers a lot more depth than Flappy Bird. I haven’t had a chance to play today’s update yet to see what, if anything, has changed. As soon as I do I will try to capture it on video and upload it here.
Until then, let us know what you think in the comments below. We’ll also include the notes from the developer.
From Rovio / LVL11
From the guys sitting in the room next to the guys who made Angry Birds, comes RETRY – a game so hard, so addictive, so old skool that you’ll think you’ve stepped into an 8-bit time machine and gone back to 1986. Totally rad!
You’re in the cockpit of a smoking, loop-the-looping, out of control, 8-bit jalopy of an airplane. Grab hold of the yoke, ace. It’s going to take raw skill and white-knuckle stunts to get through this one. Enter the danger zone!
Fly through treacherous obstacles, and earn stars to unlock new worlds. Whether it’s the verdant sloping hills of Summer or the time-bending passages of the Future, these levels are out to do one thing: stop you. Sorry, chief.
But don’t cry, you can always RETRY.
- FLY. CRASH. REPEAT. No one said this would be easy.
- SPIN FOR THE WIN! Loop, stall, dive – master the moves, or eternally retry.
- COLLECT COINS! It’s the 80s – what did you expect? Don’t say Bitcoins…
- DAILY CHALLENGES! Unlock these intense levels and humiliate your Facebook friends.
- RETRO 8-BIT GRAPHICS! Next gen? How ‘bout first gen.
- SLICK SYNTHESIZER SOUNDTRACK! Crank it up and hit the skies.