We were the first to announce that a new Angry Birds Seasons update was on the horizon. Well, the morning mist has lifted and on the horizon we see a strange new substance? Water!!! We are happy to report that the latest Angry Birds Seasons update, named Piglantis (v2.4.0) is now available for iOS, PC, Mac, Playbook, and Android via Google Play (Android Market) and the Amazon Appstore! As you might expect, things are a bit different in this aquatic paradise. We’ve outlined what we know so far below:
Update for iOS: A bug fix has been released as v2.4.1.
- 30, yes 30, new aquatic levels! If we are looking for an actual “Seasons” theme, I would have to say it’s Summer again. Contrary to some guesses, all 30 levels are available right now (in other words, it’s not Advent-style). Our walkthrough videos are live.
- Golden Eggs! One Golden Egg hidden in-game, and the 3-star bonus this time around is a Big Seashell! If you need help, check out our Complete Angry Birds Seasons Golden Eggs Guide.
- Buoyancy! In the wide-open sea, you can now shoot in and out of water! The birds are buoyant enough that they will be pulled back to the surface of the water, as are wooden blocks and sardine cans. However, those bad piggies, stone blocks, and even ice/glass blocks are a bit too heavy and sink to the ocean floor. The poor piggies go pop when they hit the floor.
- No new achievements for iOS. This is expected, since there is really no space for Seasons achievements points.
- Pro Tip! Treasure chests are worth 1,000 points, but they are quite challenging to break.
- Amazing Alex, which we have more info on here, has made it’s way into Angry Birds. If you tap the icon it will take you to the Amazing Alex Facebook page.
Below are some helpful links:
- Piglantis 3-star walkthrough pages
- Complete Angry Birds Seasons Golden Eggs Guide
- Mighty Eagle feather walkthrough
- Enter your Piglantis scores on the Seasons and Seasons Golden Eggs leaderboard
We will continue to update this post as we learn more, and as the update lands on more platforms.