What a week this is turning out to be! Fresh on the heels of the Angry Birds Rio Trophy Room update for iOS comes a surprise Angry Birds original update for iOS that includes Surf & Turf, which was previously only available for Angry Birds Facebook (original post here). More platforms should be receiving the v2.1.0 update soon.
Android Update: v2.1.0 has landed on the Android Market (Google Play) and Amazon AppStore! A bug-fix update has also landed on Android Market as v2.1.1.
PC Update: v2.1.0 has landed for PC in the Angry Birds Shop!
Mac Update: v2.1.0 has landed for Mac in the Mac App Store!
Playbook Update: v2.1.0 is now available in the BlackBerry App World, which includes both Birdday Party and the first 15 levels of Surf & Turf!
This update includes:
- 15 Surf & Turf levels with 30 more “Coming Soon”
- A redesigned menu / episode selection screen that matches PC and Mac. Check out the beautiful new icons on our Angry Birds walkthrough page.
- Cool new animated help menus that show how to trigger each bird’s power. You access these by opening up a level, hitting pause, and then “?”.
- No power-ups! This means we can all compete on the Angry Birds leaderboard without issue. Please read more about the leaderboard below before proceeding.
- No one has found any Golden Eggs, so we assume there are none. This is likely consistent with a non-sequential episode.
Some helpful links:
- We’ve already got 3 star walkthroughs for all the Surf & Turf levels.
- The Angry Birds leaderboard has been updated to include Surf & Turf. Please don’t enter your scores on the Surf & Turf Facebook leaderboard unless they were actually achieved on Facebook.
Lastly, I should mention something that you likely already know. The MASSIVE Angry Birds Space update is only two days away. It feels like Christmas in March!