December is here, so I can safely say, “Happy holidays” everyone! The first of the Angry Birds Friends Winter Tournaments is now underway over at Facebook. This twist on the normal tourney is similar to what we saw during Halloween (sadly, without the awesome Zombie Pigs!); however, this one is broken up into four unique tournaments that take place through the month of December. It also has some very unique aspects, which we break down below:
- Four tournaments, with “Tournament I” starting tonight! The schedule is as follows:
- Each tournament contains six unique levels with some new gameplay, icluding sleds (sliding TNT!), snowballs, and snowball cannons. Check out our walkthrough videos, which will be updated as the tournament progresses!
- Santa Bomb (bird)! — “Santa Bomb” is a supped up Bomb Bird and can only be used once per level (similar to “The Hunter”). You receive a random number for free at the start of
eachthe first tournament and can purchase an unlimited supply via the add-on.
- TNT Drop! — This is something we’ve never seen before. This power-up — which you can see in action in the video above — sends three “presents” floating down to the pigs below via parachutes. These are no normal presents, rather, each one contains a TNT. Placement seems random, and, similar to “Santa Bomb”, they can only be used once per level. I did not receive any free TNT Bombs, but other users have stated they received a random number for free.
- Special add-ons available to purchase include unlimited Santa Bombs and TNT Drops. If you don’t want to wait you can also unlock all six tournament levels. Important! Remember, these purchases are unique to the respective tournament, you don’t get them for the entire month.
Well, there you have it, a fun new tournament for you to check out. Head on over to apps.facebook.com to compete against your friends. Remember, you don’t have to purchase anything to play.
- Check out our awesome Angry Birds Friends Winter Tournament walkthrough videos and strategies for all six levels.
- Direct link to Angry Birds Friends on Facebook