Oh dear…I just found this group, and apparently it’s going away!
Well, before it’s too late, let me put in my recommendation for Smash Hit from Mediocre. I play it on my iPad Mini; it’s also available for Android from the Google Play store (although I haven’t tried it on my Samsung S4…prefer the larger screen).
This is a brilliant, fiendishly simple game with absolutely stunning graphics. I think it would really appeal to Angry Bird fans, because it all depends on learning to aim and fire metal balls to hit things. The fiendish part is that you are constantly moving forward through an ever-changing (stunning) ethereal landscape, at varying speeds. There are crystals you can hit to gain extra balls (usually 3 or 5 per crystal), and you have to break other objects that block your path (mostly glass, but with fascinating, innovative configurations and motion of their own).
If you don’t break a barrier before you “slam” into it, you lose 10 balls. You keep going until you run out of balls. Simple concept, challenging, fun, and exciting execution.
One nice feature is that there are “checkpoints” between sections. You can save your checkpoints, score, and farthest distance to iCloud so you don’t have to start over from the beginning every time. When you run out of metal balls, you can start again from any checkpoint you’ve already passed.
Here’s a tip: it took me a long time to figure out that I could select a passed checkpoint to start from by flipping the outside “outline” of the structure to the left to reveal higher checkpoints, and then clicking on a checkpoint number. Probably obvious to most people, but it was a mystery to me.
You get better with practice, of course, but it’s always challenging. Because of the forward motion, that varying speed, and the distance to objects, one of the things you have to learn is to “lob” the metal ball in a parabola (much like aiming a canon ball), so that it will hit a target at a distance. You also have to learn how to fire right away as obstacles suddenly appear in your path. And an advanced strategy comes into play with complex moving obstacles: not every obstacle is actually going to cross right in front of your path; you might pass through them or around them or whatever. Knowing when you don’t have to fire at an obstacle can make all the difference.
Completely addicting, really gorgeous animation, predictable improvement as you practice and repeat a level, but new challenges to master in each section. The perfect combination!
And…it’s free!!! No ads, either. I don’t know what more anyone could want from a game…
Please let us know if you play it; I would love to find out what other members thing.
There @birdleader — some action on this group! Maybe it would help to post a news item reminding members that this group is here…new members may not have discovered it, and old-timers may have forgotten about it. Personally, I think this group could be a great resource for all of us, and I’d love to see more participation here.
Let me know if I can help promote it in any way.
- Amazing Alex News & Updates
- Angry Birds 2 News & Updates
- Angry Birds Epic News & Updates
- Angry Birds Fight! News & Updates
- Angry Birds Go Racing News & Updates
- Angry Birds News & Updates
- Angry Birds Stella News & Updates
- Angry Birds Transformers News & Updates
- Bad Piggies News & Updates
- Rovio Stars News & Updates
- Angry Birds Transformers
- Party Monsters
- Angry Birds
- Angry Birds 2
- Angry Birds Fight
- Angry Birds Free & Lite Editions
- Angry Birds Rio
- Hidden Fruit & Items Walkthroughs
- Angry Birds Seasons
- 01. Trick or Treat
- 02. Seasons Greedings
- 03. Hogs and Kisses
- 04. Go Green, Get Lucky
- 05. Easter Eggs!
- 06. Summer Pignic
- 07. Mooncake Festival
- 08. Ham'o'ween
- 09. Wreck the Halls
- 10. Year of the Dragon
- 11. Cherry Blossom
- 12. Piglantis
- 13. Back to School
- 14. Haunted Hogs
- 15. Winter Wonderham
- 16. Abra-Ca-Bacon
- 17. Arctic Eggspedition
- 18. South HAMerica
- 19. HAM Dunk
- 20. On Finn Ice
- 21. Tropigal Paradise
- 22. Egg Snatchers
- 23. Ski or Squeal
- 24. Fairy Hogmother
- The Pig Days
- Angry Birds Space
- Angry Birds Star Wars
- Angry Birds Star Wars 2
- Angry Birds Stella
- Angry Birds Stella Pop
- Angry Birds Web
- Golden Eggs
- Mighty Eagle
Angry Birds 2
- 01. Cobalt Pig Castle
- 02. Desert Pig Castle
- 03. Star Reef Castle
- 04. Mountain Pig Castle
- 05. King Pig's Castle
- 06. Wizpig's Castle
- 07. Red Gates
- 08. Chronicle Caves
- 09. Friendship Gates
Angry Birds Go!
- MG516 on Angry Birds 2 Special Valentine’s Day 2016 Bonus Level Walkthrough
- Greilich on Angry Birds Friends 2016 Valentine’s Tournament Level 5 Week 196 Walkthrough
- bernersenn on Angry Birds Seasons The Pig Days Level 5-12 Walkthrough | Penguin Awareness Day!
- Greilich on Angry Birds Friends 2016 Valentine’s Tournament Level 3 Week 196 Walkthrough
- ixan57 on Angry Birds Seasons The Pig Days Level 5-15 Walkthrough | Valentine’s Day 2016!
- thevs on Angry Birds Friends 2016 Valentine’s Tournament Level 2 Week 196 Walkthrough
- More Chatter →
- Angry Birds 2 Special Valentine’s Day 2016 Bonus Level Walkthrough
- Angry Birds Seasons The Pig Days Level 5-15 Walkthrough | Valentine’s Day 2016!
- Angry Birds Seasons Fairy Hogmother Golden Eggs Walkthroughs
- Angry Birds Seasons Fairy Hogmother Golden Egg #71 Walkthrough
- Angry Birds Seasons Fairy Hogmother Golden Egg #70 Walkthrough
- More Walkthroughs (all games)
- Bonus Tokens from the Chinese New Year special event?48 minutes ago
- What's Next1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- Credit5 hours, 26 minutes ago
- Bonus Tokens from the Chinese New Year special event?