You've Got the Touch Challenge

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum You've Got the Touch Challenge

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 241 total)
  • Replies
  • MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Ok, I stand corrected. I’ve always used “EST” to mean the time in the eastern part of the US and that it changes with Daylight Savings Time.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Missile day is a good day for points. I just hit 3000 pre-bonus on a beach node with Unicron and a ton of missiles. I finally have a challenger on my board. He took an early lead last night. First time not being in the lead before going to bed. just did a bunch of runs before heading off to work to take the lead. He hasn’t done his morning runs yet, though.

dmsral
    @dmsral

Be sure to shoot the two missiles quickly after they launch so a third missile will launch. It’s like a built-in 50% bonus.

sheepybach
    @paul13

So the addons for Rodimus can only be used 1 of the time, So you either want +20% Damage or +10% Defence or +10% Explosive force. So don’t waste tokens getting all 3 is the best me thinks.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

People i don’t know why but always at 16:00 up to 18:00 when i have a node at those times with 4 rounds i am always at 80% to encounter each node the Unicron and the 4 rounds in the current node! I Just encountered him again today at 16:00 UTC time 37 minutes ago! And that time was offering 15% bonus the Photoblaster energocoin.

Rhys4AUFC
    @rhys4aufc

Just about impossible to defeat Unicron, they simply don’t give you enough time in the level

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@rhys4aufc

Make sure you’re using Grey Slam Grimlock as your primary TF. He’s tough, reasonably powerful, and moves slowly enough that you should be able to defeat Unicron before Astrotrain arrives.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I’m having a horrible time on missile day. Ordinarily I shoot missiles as soon as they launch, at least in areas where that’s practical (desert, forest, beach), then pick off stragglers that I missed when they come in.

But between the cluttered UI and the slowness of my Grimlock’s changing targets, they’re taking MANY more missiles to the face than they usually do. Clearly, I’m doing something wrong.

Also, I don’t much care. :) I’ve already unlocked Rodimus and the Saw …

Beauregard
    @beauregard

Not having a good day with the missiles. Twice I thought I killed him because his lifeline was all red, but he didn’t die. What’s up with that?

acwb16
    @acwb16

I’ve managed to beat Unicron several times now. His shield drops until you do so much damage, then it goes back up for a set time. You have to knock down his health as fast as possible each time the shield goes down to ensure you get enough shots at him. I’ve had the best luck with Grimlock (GS better than Energon, but Energon’s still alright) and Ultra Magnus. I’ve got them at level 10, 13, and 11 (respectively). I try to use the bonus energonicon, unless I a). don’t have it or b). it’s basically useless – e.g. goldbrick. Wish I’d have figured this out day one, but it is what it is. I hope this can help some of you guys!

Pampeans
    @pampeans

I wish they had offered accessories for the blues. I don’t play them, so it would have been good to pick some up for tokens.

Exiting event and entering upgrade purgatory…

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Same here. With more accessories to win, I’d keep playing. As it is, I did well enough to get Rodimus and his three accessories. Had four first places and just finished second. Got the 550 as well each day so I needed 50 tokens from today’s event. Did it in three runs (two were with Unicron), so I’m done for today. Tomorrow, I’ll take @jasebree’s suggestion and do one run. I just have to have some control and not play the node to win it.

It looks like people have figured out how to defeat Unicron since this past day had much higher scores than in the past.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

Well, I did beat Unicron a few times on missile day. Wound up with 3rd place/1050 tokens while spending 0 gems, so it wasn’t a total washout. :)

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I finished Day 5, with 650 tokens in the kitty – just 50 tokens short of getting the 700 needed for Rodimus’ shield.

I did one opening run on Day 6 – didn’t even bother with the bonus TF or bonus Energonicon. I took High Octane Bumblebee and just beat it from start to finish – even if I finish dead last on the leaderboard today, I’ll still get my 100 tokens :)

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@millforce2k

I just have to have some control and not play the node to win it.

I have no self control — I didn’t really need to play today, just a few tokens to pick up the 3rd accessory that I didn’t want, don’t need and won’t use. I ended up winning. I don’t want someone to miss out on Rodimus or his accessories, so I have to just stop cold turkey, or else I can’t resist.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

That’s what I’m afraid of. I’ll get Unicron as the first run and instead of just cruising through to get a low score, I’ll take him out and end up 10th and deny someone that place and 100 tokens. Maybe I’ll do the run with Arcee and the Blues to make sure I don’t take Unicron out.

Rhys4AUFC
    @rhys4aufc

@optimuspig Many thanks for the advice

Rhys4AUFC
    @rhys4aufc

Although it’s definitely impossible to defeat in the stupid plateau/shark pig level with all the trees/hills blocking it

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@rhys4aufc

No problem.

Also, the Cobalt Valley runs are doable, but I’ll agree that they’re difficult, especially with monoliths falling down around you and when the WMTs show up.

Energonicon selection is definitely important. Unless it’s a bonus Energonicon with a high bonus (i.e. Fireblast at +50%) I’d just use either Photoblast or Glassor instead. Those are the two most effective offensive Energonicons available, and the additional firepower you get from them is considerable. Sometimes it’s better to give up a measly bonus (+10%, +15%) in favor of a greatly increased chance of killing Unicron.

sheepybach
    @paul13

I stopped playing and am in upgrade mode also as I got him and the addon I wanted and as we can’t carry tokens over to next weeks event it’s not worth playing anymore.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@pampeans @paul13

Aye, upgrading is a bit of a grind, isn’t it?

At least with multiple TFs that need upgrading, I can always choose to upgrade a lower level TF if I don’t have enough materials for the higher level one, then I don’t waste any time.

Currently have Starscream (13), Skywarp (5), and Rodimus (4) on the upgrade path.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@optimuspig

Yes it is a right pain lol, I got Sunstorm on L14 and Rooimus on L6>>>upgrading to L7

Rhys4AUFC
    @rhys4aufc

The annoying Cobalt Valley run is nothing but plain filth that never should’ve been a part of this event period

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

And soon Ratchet.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

So many event in so small time it’s too much it seems Rovio is in need for money by offering more gems to buy… Not to mention i have lost my sleep with the game…

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum You've Got the Touch Challenge

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 241 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.