Yet another crashing issue

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Yet another crashing issue

• I awoke this morning to find that when I complete a mission and haven’t got all the keys the game crashes when I press the arrow button to view the ad, it at least lets you go back after the crash to get at least some materials. Also after completing a node and being awarded coins and pigs and materials the game will crash when attempting to view an ad. I am not sure if all of them are awarded when game is reopened.
    I have reported issue to Rovio.

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Replies
  • Pampeans
    @pampeans

I had the same issue — I ran a node, accepted the ad for the doubler and the app crashed, but now I can’t get in at all (just like the bug when the big April update occurred), the game just crashes when I try to launch the app. Im thinking, since the ad didn’t complete the doubler didn’t either. I had three missions running and a character upgrading, so I’m reticent to delete, reinstall the app, play through the tutorial and hope the Game Center restores my progress.

Over the last day or two the app has been regularly crashing during game play, when I relaunch app the node would be restored, but the character would be missing hearts.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

It appears to have resolved itself now, at least for the nodes, I will wait for the hard mission to finish to see if the bug there is fixed as well.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

spoke too soon, back to crashing when trying to double coins & pigs after playing node

gemblung
    @kutu5353

I have the exact same problem. It’s been going for 3 days now. I keep sending the feedback each time the game crashes, but receive no reply whatsoever from rovio.

GmamaBirdy
    @gmamab

Has anybody heard from Rovio about this issue? I’ve written and gotten no response which is unusual as they have replied to every previous issue. I am wondering if this is a 3rd party issue or not. At any rate it is frustrating and makes a nice score just that instead of a fabulous score. Miss those doublers for sure. After the last update it worked constantly and now not at all. One end of the spectrum to another. If anybody learns why this is happening or finds that it has stopped drop a line here please.

Rick
    @rick-roller

Same here. The ad crash and the crash while trying to open the app. I’ve had to delete/install/tutorial probably 5 times in the last week. I have no idea what the issue is. I’m missing out on a ton of parts/gold/pigs because of the ad one. Sometimes it does work though. I’m wondering if it has something to do with the games internet connection because it seems like my friends rewards only pop up around the same times the ad doubler actually works. When it does work I might get to watch 3 maybe 4 ads and then it will go right back to crashing again.

sheepybach
    @paul13

I started a thread like this the other day

Update version 1.6.24

In the end I decided to remove the game and install a fresh game and all was good until I freed BumbleBee I got a good score and did the double vid which crashed the game right away.
    As some one has already said its no not worth playing

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

I haven’t heard back from Rovio at all, I really would have thought after 4-5 days that they would respond as I am sure the feedback option when it crashes (at least on Android) has been used many times.
    Sometimes when I want to watch an ad to double awards it works, othertimes it doesn’t. Also when it offers a bonus in the storage it may crash or it may not… I have lost close to a million coins in doubles not collected because of this issue and it frustrates the hell out of me

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

If Rovio support isn’t responding, perhaps it’s time to call in the big guns:

@gradientturtle7
    @rumblebee

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

Fixed and submitted for an update. In the hands of Google and Apple now. Thanks!

Bossk
    @henjovr

Fixes? Are you a dev working on ABT?
    If so, cool! Gonna keep checking Play for an update..

What was the problem?

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

Thanks @gradientturtle7 it hasn’t happened at all today and I have not updated as yet, however, have just checked Google Play and there is an update to be downloaded… so will toss a coin to see if I do it now or later as TF updates are like roulette, some are winners and some are not

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@gradientturtle7 The newest update for the game on Google Play which is v1.6.29 is not working – the initial download in the title screen refuses to start. It says “Download failed”, even though my Wi-Fi is working perfectly.
    Never mind – I restarted my device and this time the files did download.
    Screenshot_2015-08-27-12-52-04.png

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

I have downloaded now and not experiencing any problems ….. yet

sheepybach
    @paul13

Same here had the update and all ok so far.Thx

Traveler
    @traveler

I received the same message as @mighty-red-1. Have an iPad on iOS.

Bossk
    @henjovr

@gradientturtle7 The new release fixes all videos for me. I can get doubler rewards etc AND I got a video for my rescue mission, which also worked :)

wrw01
    @wrw01

Unable to open ABT this morning.
    Any advice?

Question: How does one restore coins pigs and crystals from Game Center?
    Rovio advise that I delete the game and reinstall it. I suspect that I will loose my pig, coins and gems.

In between a rock and hard place since I cannot open the game. I am able to open the other angry bird games and play.

sixxdawg
    @sixxdawg

This game has been so bug ridden since the day it was released. Unfortunately, I wouldn’t expect it to get any better. This came out yesterday.

“HELSINKI–Rovio Entertainment Ltd. said on Wednesday that it plans to lay off as many as 260 employees, over a third of its staff, amid declining profit and revenue.”

http://news.morningstar.com/all/market-watch/TDJNMW2015082684/rovio-cuts-workforce-by-more-than-a-third.aspx

Rick
    @rick-roller

I just got an update and everything is working as it should so far. I haven’t had a chance to test out Energon Grimlock yet though.

BuriedTreasure
    @buriedtreasure

I’m on iOS and it crashes on startup every time. It started this afternoon when I tried to launch the game while on an airplane. I was not in airplane mode, though, because I like to have an active GPS. Cellular data was off,mouth wifi was on and connected to a GoPro. I thought maybe it was confused by the lack of Internet, but I have Internet now and the game still crashes. I rebooted the iPad with no success.

David Meditz
    @david-meditz

iPhone 6+ (only device used)
    iOS 8.4.1
    not rooted
    ABT v 1.6.23
    LV 264 (linked via FB)
    USA/Maryland

#1 extra coins, videos/ads for the extras are nearly non-existent anymore
    #2 Game crashes when accessing videos for extra time and coins, videos don’t play or play and don’t give the reward, or the game just dies and closes. This isn’t just one specific video/ad but on almost all of them. Ritz crackers and Disney every time the others its just random, but more often than not.
    #3 Game crashing in mid play on average you only collect around 500 coins when you complete a node, this one happens to me all the time especially on coin special level when I have spent crystals to get it. In addition to loosing the coins I was earning I lose the crystals I spent to get it.
    #4 the last error I am getting is an Updating progress glitch… totally random on when it decides to update, when it does update I revert to an earlier time and typically lose half the gains since the previous update, and if I had missions running they are now gone and reset to no mission running… lovely little glitch because if I used pigs to shorten the mission I have lost them as well.

micksan
    @micksan

Game was OK this morning had an update for messenger and now will not boot up at all

Vannie5555
    @vannie

I had the very same issue this morning. After completing a gold dome and afer earning 48,000 coins, it crashed. I have no idea if I actually got them or not. This is very frustrating.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Yet another crashing issue

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.