Wow I don't even want to play arena anymore

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Wow I don't even want to play arena anymore

Viewing 24 replies - 101 through 124 (of 124 total)
  • Replies
  • KillerKea
    @killerkea

@burbman It was originally 1 pm PST for me, but it changed to be 5 pm PST for me. I’m in the gold league. We noticed that the wheels are different for each league. Maybe the start time is also different, but that wouldn’t make sense.

MysticBurn
    @renitz

@killerkea @burbman Reset times for me seem to be steady (Europe GMT1+), 22:00, counting down 24 hrs now. But also sometime else is happening in arena at the moment, 98% computer players, gained 11000 points in last 4 hrs, with the daily objectives 16500 points.

Beginning this afternoon i thought oh no not cheaters starting after the update, till i started playing myself this evening.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea @burbman @renitz I hope I get my time conversions correct, but this is what I understand has happened.

With the new update, the objective reset times for android and iOS devices seemed to be out of sync by 12 h. The android devices were set to reset at 8pm Melbourne time (9am GMT, 1am PST). The iOS devices were set to reset at 8am Melbourne time (9pm GMT, 1pm PST).

At 8pm last night my android game reset and gave a new reset time of 12pm Melbourne time (1am GMT, 5pm PST). Later last night I checked my iOS game and found the objectives had reset and the timer was the same as for my android game. Also, the objectives for both games were identical (win 3 battles, get 3 stars in 3 battles, knock out 3 birds with rage attack x 2).

There have been computer generated opponents since late last night – not always, but often.

So @killerkea, your issues with others on the arena board getting ahead could arise for a number of reasons. I can’t keep track of what has happened regarding objectives. You may have missed one set due to the extension of the time for your previous objectives, but gained from a shorter time for your current set of objectives. The other players may also have been grinding with the computer generated opponents.

Edit: Sorry @killerkea, I read your post again and noticed you said you did not get an objective reset last night (early morning your time). So you seem to have missed out on a set of objectives.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

@killerkea, @burbman, @kerravon I’m on the west coast as well, and I got a new set of objectives with the new time reset. I wouldn’t have known except I check the dojo every morning before leaving for work, and lo and behold I had a new set of objectives and 9 hours to complete them. Opponents are mostly computer generated now, with a bizarre mix of obscure headpieces (moon priestess(?), ronin, guardian is also common) and banner emblems and tops I haven’t seen before. I’m also seeing a lot of healing and defensive shields.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

My objectives reset at 5 pm PST. I’m now fighting what seems like all computer generated opponents most are rank 10 teams and can have platinum and diamond emblems even though I’m in the gold league. I’m finding these opponents to be pretty easy because most do not have complete sets. Even though I started 17k+ behind 1st place by the time my objectives reset I won’t have any difficulty reaching 2nd place which was 11k+ ahead of me.

One annoying thing is that the battle button is often greyed out for 20-30 seconds while it finds an opponent.

Rolly
    @rolly

My objectives did at first not reset yesterday (normaly they reset in the night, GMT+1 here). But suddenly in the afternoon, I HAD a new set, with only about 8 hours to complete them. Missed out on the 3k, it was kill all three birds in one strike two times. Even with powerful wizard (lev.35/8 with Phoenix set) I was not able to do that, everytime killing one bird or the other preliminary :-(. However, I also noticed that difficulty went WAY down for me. I normaly now recieve opponents in the 33/4-35/6 range with incomplete sets. This, combined with the new loot weel distribution, makes raking up points a lot easier…

Rolly
    @rolly

I should not brag that much :-(. Right now I have two lost (and totally winable) battles because a crash kicked me out :-(

Rolly
    @rolly

and now the third :-(

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

Arena battles are easy-peasy now. I am level 41 in diamond league with all epic weapon sets and all arena sets for diamond league. At first, after seeing that regular flags and banner heads are stronger then set ones I was dissappionted and thought it was the end for my Epic playing. as I started battles I noticed that all opponents are computer generated easy ones and I won 25 battles in row with 25 different classes easily…

@cosmo2503, that’s all nice and well, but computer generated opponents never include blues or bomb. That means that some achievements are impossible to get until the server issues are solved…

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Last night I was also getting all computer generated rank 10 opponents which I found easy because they usually didn’t have complete sets and sometimes weren’t even using set items, but today it is back to fighting rank 8-10 player opponents with mostly complete sets.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea and @partshade If you haven’t worked it out yet, the damage from exploding birds for the vengeful emblem is equal to 20% of the health of the bird that gets knocked out. Just go and fight Piggy McCool’s team and do some calculations. And remember to take into account vigour bonuses (damage reduction).

firedragon
    @mingkee27

I still don’t get why some still want to have hundreds of thousands in Diamond tournament.
    I think it’s about time to retire from PVP tournament and focus on training my team members to class level 10.

hmmm , finally go to Diamond league, and on the first day I can see that the first one has over 40,000 points already, so either there are a lot of cheaters or they got reset a lot of times, I got to do my dailies and got 5k points but someone with 40k already? and another with 32k? anyway not planning to grind up since there is nowhere else to go but it looks like cheaters are still here…

what about you?

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

In Platinum # 1 has 40000 points. Twice has much as the next 3 spots. I think it’s not possible without cheating.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

I’m sure this has been asked in the Past:

What’s the most amount of Points You have accomplished in a day?

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

Anyone else notice that season one has been extended to fifteen weeks?

Abaresaru
    @abaresaru

So how exactly are You meant to get and how do so many people have complete rainbow sets of equipment?

I just did 26 rolls on rainbow riot. Not a single set item.

18 of the items were for chuck
    5 combs for Matilda
    3 cards for blue

Surely that’s f-Ed!

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Extending to 15 weeks makes sense if they want each future season to be 13 weeks.

@abaresaru
    Visit a topic that talks about the golden pig machine. You had some bad luck there.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea Surely you are not suggesting 4 x 13 week seasons each year? If the next season starts straight away, there will be a huge drop off in participation.

More likely they have had to delay the next release of caves (or whatever else they are developing) by 3 weeks, probably because they had to divert resources to resolve the arena issues. Or it is possible they want to give non-cheaters an opportunity to achieve something in the diamond league.

omg , 15 weeks now? I was hoping to have it to end this week so I can stop playing it since there is no incentive to keep playing arena, sigh, I will then just keep myself still in Diamond until the reset happens

@dallasreds, I’ve been grinding hard since last night. I knew the update was forced and I had one cheater on the board who had 40K within 12 hours after the new event started. He only played one set of objectives then, so today he got to 47+.

I did not get an objective reset when the event started (reported this) and I have not used any exploits. On day 1 I got to 10K, last night I started playing again (less than 24 hours ago) and got to 27. Today with a lot of grinding (and tons of friendship essence which I saved up for months) I managed to overtake the cheater by playing fair. This means that I effectively achieved slightly less than 40K in 24 hrs. All by grinding. I would not say that it qualifies as an average score, but it’s not definitely a cheater. The new prize wheel allows for a lot more points to grind out of the arena.

I don’t want to brag, but I do a bit…

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@larry
    We have about the amount of points but I am in 7th place in Plat. Unnamed player in first has 110k. The next 7 have about 47k including me. One bad cheater ruining it for everyone else. I was able take a screenshot but can’t figure how to attach it. Help. I have been grinding a lot but I do not know why.

@dallasreds, just put it up in your album here. Underneath the image (after uploading) there are four fields with code in it. The one which sais “embed” is the code you want. You can copy-paste it into the text field which you use to post in this forum and voila, the image will be included in the post! Give it a try and you’ll find it to be as easy as eating cookies…

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Wow I don't even want to play arena anymore

Viewing 24 replies - 101 through 124 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.