Worst event ever!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Worst event ever!

• I couldnt get enough tokens to get anything but coins which I have no use for, I have over 50 million already. I would have been able to get something except the TFs were weak in the event nodes, I got killed multiple times even using customized TF of level 15 because the shield would not respond and I was barely touched by falling towers. I am pretty disgusted with the way they adjust the power of TFs. I have played this game almost obsessively for a year but I think I am done now. Not good, Rivio!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies
  • Paul Granger
    @paul-granger

I did not use one gem, did not try overly hard because I already had all of th accessories. I ended up with over 3000 tokens, did not die once, ever, an any of the past events. Maybe the problem is your strategy, and not the game. Shield for one thing is not a good idea in an event glassor is what most people use IMHO.

Nsu
    @nsar

Shields in any situation are noy my go-to strategy, was trying to get the ballon pigs and clearly made a bad choice. Even at that, the same TFs in a regular node would take out enemies in one shot, in the event nodes it was taking many shots. Maybe it was a fluke specific to me but very annoying. But it wasnt just that, not sure why but most of the nodes only gave 5 or 10 payouts, hard to get up to 3000 with that when you have limited time to play. I would have been perfectly content if I had been able to get 2500 and get one prize but got just over 2000 which only buys sunglasses or coins, neither of which I need.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@paul-granger

“Shield for one thing is not a good idea in an event glassor is what most people use IMHO.”

Glassor? Isn’t that the one that’s essentially Sentinel Prime’s three beams of destruction raining from the heavens?

I thought people were using Photoblast (which is a lot like Energon Galvatron’s direct-fire beam), especially in the missile rounds.

@nsar

Except for the missile rounds when I use Photoblast, I generally use Shieldor.

When facing Balloon Pigs, it doesn’t matter what energonicon you use, because any balloon pig that hits the ground still counts towards your competition score, regardless of whether you shot it down yourself, or if it floated there. So in this particular case, weapon choice is actually irrelevant.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@nsar

I have found that generally in the contests the Tfs tend to perform much better than they do when running regular nodes. In the previous holiday contests the Tfs behaved like buddies — efficient, accurate and no issues with cool down. In fact, I believe that’s why Rovio nerfed the Tfs in this last update. However, the weakened Tfs still peformed better than they do in the regular nodes.

These contests are not so much tests of skill as they are endurance. As long as you choose the right Tf/Energonicon combination (it doesn’t seem to matter whether the Tf is level 15) and are willing to put in the time, you should be able to claim the awards at the end of the contests. If you read the C – Minor thread, you will find that people posted the successful strategies during the contest. For instance, the thread is where I found out that during the missile challenges, you should use a Tf like Goldbrick Grimlock because the slower the Tf, the more missiles the silo is able to fire before the Tf passes.

dmsral
    @dmsral

I use Shieldor most of the time, except for Glassor when the target item is wood, glass or stone, and I use Goldbrick on the Energon pile node nodes (top score coin count: 144,000). I always use one of the Grimlocks for the tournaments.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

I find it interesting that people use Shieldor. I haven’t used Shieldor, Electroblast or Strikebot since they were not Energonicons and assigned to specific Tfs. I use Goldbrick almost exclusively, however since Rovio nerfed the Tfs this time around I was forced to used Photoblast to kill the walking mortar towers. I tried one round with Splinter — what a waste of time! I used Goldbrick during the gold block challenge though. I see I need to be more strategic next contest.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

I know, right! I was wondering if anyone else noticed that. All that work and fully accessorized level 15 Sounds cannot kill WMTs or the green missiles in Pig City, although they seem to be missing at the moment. I have a Soundblaster node right now in Colbalt Valley, I’m going to try piggyblaster. I used it once before, giggled and never used it again.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

Just ran a beach node with E. Soundwave and he was able to easily destroy WMTs with two shots. Also, able to destroy missiles albeit at close range. Still no green missiles in Pig City, so hopefully their previous indestructibility was just a bug. Stealth update detected…

Update: Soundwave and Soundblaster continue to suck despite being accessorized. Neither can destroy WMT’s or shoot down missiles (easily).

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Worst event ever!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.