Will you watch the AB Movie?

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Will you watch the AB Movie?

• Consider this a small poll. I’m curious how many of you will actually go to the nearest cinema to watch the upcoming Angry Birds Movie. I mean, of a fanpage like this one one would expect a lot of members to want to see what Rovio has put their focus on in the last few years. If not – why not?

Are you going to watch it right on the day of its release, or will you wait for the first reviews and then decide?

What would also interest me is, would you wait for a DVD or Blu-ray release of the Movie until you’d watch it? After all, most movies are released as such at some point afterwards.

Myself, the movie might actually make me go to a cinema for the first time since primary school. There’s one conveniently placed near a place I often go to and it will show the movie – next Thursday (which is the release date here in Germany) or Friday I might spend more time in the city and see some (hopefully) nice comedy :)

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

I’m going to try to get some friends together and go see it about a week after the release. By then the hype should die down so the cinema won’t be a mad house. :P

The movie does look very interesting, and getting that special bonus chapter in Action is a nice bonus. :)

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

I’m going the Sunday after it releases (May 22nd) with my brother and his friends for his birthday- but I won’t be able to scan the BirdCode that pops up at the end because those boys can get to be wild sometimes- I will go back another time to scan it. Really looking forward to it because all the trailers and 22 TV Spots show information that get me pumped for the big day!

dmsral
    @dmsral

Planning to see it, looks like fun. Hoping it incorporates various gameplays without being a commercial for them.

EnglishBreakfast
    @englishbreakfas

Definitely going to see it after my finals!

RizDub
    @rizdub

I am absolutely going to see the AB Movie, in 3D! Maybe not immediately on opening day, but pretty quickly after it comes out!

EDIT: On Facebook I had my normal ‘birdsona’ changed to a movie-style one to show my excitement, so I added it here too.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I’ll wait til the Blu-ray comes to my library.

Mp127
    @mp127

I’m coming there to see do last months of massive promotion, which was everywhere near the Rovio logo, were done for worthy movie. But I’m somewhat optimistic about it.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

I am going to watch it with my nephews first weekend after it comes to our cinema. I see it is planned for May. I am not sure if the movie is giong to be released worldwide at the same day, if so then it should already have translation prepared but I haven’t yet heard who is going to record woices for Croatian or Serbian language.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Will you watch the AB Movie? Answer: No

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    You’re the first to say no! I wonder why. Is it monetary reasons of any kind perhaps? :P

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Nothing of the sort; it’s a conscious decision. I hate this movie just by watching the trailers themselves. Reasons being:

1. They redesigned the birds which are now being reflected in the games in some way. I hate those dangling arms, legs and those designs.

2. I don’t mind that they talk but the humor makes me cringe.

3. They reduced Mighty Eagle, one of my favorite birds to a joke in the movie (gawd, that scene where Bomb and Chuck drank the “pool” water).

4. I am not fond of 3D animated movies. I’m much more of a traditional 2D or 2D with CGI guy. They could have very well made the movie in the style of the Angry Birds Toons series or Stella series and it still would have been awesome. But no, they had to do it in 3D because everyone else is now doing it.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@datguygamer
    Did you know that real birds have wings and legs?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@dallasreds Did you know that the movie we’re talking about features birds that are not real and also based off a game where the birds didn’t have arms (not even wings) and legs?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I’m not planning to see it ever. I think it’s really designed for kids, and I hate grade-school humor.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

The movie is premiering in European cinemas today!
    I delayed my plan to watch it on the release day – I’ll wait for some opinions first, might watch it next week or not at all.

trishohara
    @trishohara

I watched it and loved it

Napmaster
    @napmaster

Going opening day which is 20-May here. Should be fun!

And for the record, I agree with @datguygamer and don’t like and can’t get used to the redesign of the birds. Biggest complaint is Chuck – he should be a short triangle, not a tall banana lookin’ thing.

01023927lolol
    @harharhar

For Our country,the movie will be on the cinema on 2nd June,but it was my EXAM!!!!!Groan…….I will still watch it,but so late………..

LaurenM
    @thislilpiggy

i’m gonna see it tonight! :D

01023927lolol
    @harharhar

Good for u:(

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Will you watch the AB Movie?

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.