Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 382 total)
  • Replies
  • LondoJowo
    @londojowo

@bubbley Funny thing is it doesn’t matter if this level 49 team wins the coin toss I still wind up with a 3 star victory whenever i play against them.

Looks like I may have broken the camel’s back this morning as neither the 3nd or 3rd place team has made a major move like previous days. Current standings:

110k 1st (Me)
    84k 2nd Zeus
    79k 3rd Alex18
    40k or less 4th on down

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@audioman612 without knowing the exact set up its difficult to answer but the Phoenix set adds substantially more health to Chuck.

You mentioned that teams are healing more than you can deal. This sounds like a Matilda rainbird combination. Venomous team using the blessed set rely on poison and healing. You need to counter this – birds which dispel/cleanse and the best way to reduce enemy healing is with the weakness emblem. This reduces healing by 75%. I use it with great effect when playing venomous teams using the blessed set but especially if they also use time jump. My weakness emblem is not level 45 and even though it reduces my power it helps to win.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@londojowo you must be on leave I hope you are enjoying the game. I guess a few people are on leave this week taking advantage of the holiday weekend. Quite a few players are in very competitive leagues this week when players have some extra time to grind. I foresee what the summer break will bring.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

@bubbley Yes, I’m off this week. Wife and daughter are working so nothing much to do other than work in the yard and play AB Epic PvP. One thing about grinding like this, you earn quite a few snoutlings. I current have 522 pig cherry juice (rank 6), 522 burning veggie cake, and 523 fruit cake (rank 7). I also received a lot of experience potions during the ninja event (lotus flowers) and currently have 46, they will come in handy when the new levels are available.

burbman
    @burbman

The talk of upcoming new set items, (and the update that would bring them) has me re-thinking my plan to lay low this season. Last week, I allowed myself to fall below the transfer positions, and I am in about sixth place so far this week. I have full diamond 45 level banner sets, but do not want to end up at a big disadvantage next season if I could have obtained diamond 49 level items by just keeping up. I guess a grinding session is in order for tonight…

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I’m really glad @londojowo is not in my league! It’s bad enough that the 1st 3 are at
    and I don’t think any of them have played today’s objectives.
    At a mere 39K (8th), I am trying to stay above 13th, which is at 26K. I have played today’s objectives, but a lot of those below me haven’t.
    I’m hoping to have a less competitive league next week.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

All
    I thought my board was out of control but seeing the previous posts, I guess not. I played a bunch of hours and decided to try to stay in 5th! 1-4 have been leapfrogging over each other all week.

1 81110
    2 76180
    3 64485
    4 64475
    5 51925
    6 48795
    7 38080

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

I’ve been grinding for an hour this morning and the current standings are as follows:

1st (Me) – 136,150
    2nd Alex18 – 104,860
    3rd Zeus – 88,150
    4th Redwing – 51,695

Seems like the days I slack off a little either Alex18 or Zeus makes a major move. I guess I’ll keep grinding to ensure my winning streak stays alive.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@londojowo

I think the number of players is dwindling because I saw you 3 times as a opponent during my marathon day yesterday and @bubbley with her new name.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

I’ve played against the same 5 or 6 players (hundreds of times each) for the last 3 weeks and don’t expect it to change next week. I’ve seen maybe 10 other players during the same time frame but have played them 2 or 3 times per week. Fun one was beating myself 2 times.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Bubbley — What is your new name in the arena?

@londojowo
    — I didn’t know it was possible to play yourself.

@dallasreds
    — I’ve played you a couple of times (or at least had you as an opponent). I have seen the same opponents again and again. I’ve seen many more different opponents than you guys, but it might be because I reject more than half of them. Also (because) I’m not rated that high in the arena, and don’t have any good sets. My grinding team is rated 794, and banner is 13898 (close to max, but no set items).
    League standings are
    41 (me, currently 8th)
    Top 4 spots are now in contention. First dropped to second overnight, and 3rd and 4th are battling it out.
    10, 11, 12, 13 are also battling.
    I am trying to stay above them.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

I’ve never encountered myself either. I definitely see a lot of the same opponents but have more variety than just the same 9 or 10. I no longer get the wonderful string of CG unnamed opponents but my team is strong enough that I reject about a quarter of the opponents (wizard with the chain set) rather than 90% like before.

I have an active board but not a crazy one. Top four:
    41k(me)
    All have met current objectives.

My grinding team is 860 and I use a reasonably decent blessed set with my Wizard (reborn), Druid (doom) and rogues (beep). I alternate my emblem between weakness if the opponents are healers and time jump if they aren’t strong healers.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

I don’t reject any opponents and only re-roll if I see more than 4 low scores in a row to try to reset the cycle. This works pretty good, I’ve average right at 100 points per spin. I’m sitting at 148k now and should be in the 160’s this evening after completing the objectives and grinding as per my norm.

My team is as follows:
    Power 903
    Chuck – Rainbird – Phoenix set
    Red – Paladin – Dragon set
    Blues – Rogues – Save Me set

Blessed set with Resilience emblem (won diamond league spin)

All weapon sets and banner/head/emblem acquired at level 45.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@audioman612 It sounds like you aren’t using the Blessed set which is how other teams can have 1000 health more than you. The Blessed Idol gives a 20% bonus to health. No other item in the game gives that much of a bonus. Some banner items can give a 10% bonus.

From other posts it sounds like some people have cheated because level 45 is the current max level, some people apparently have level 49 birds and might have level 49 set items. That could be another way they gained 1000 health more than you.

AudioMan612
    @audioman612

Maybe, but then that brings up another point: there shouldn’t be items/sets in the game that you need luck to counter. Set items and all banner items come down to luck. I’m not going to drop tons of money on a game just to have a chance to win an item. Then there’s the first turn, which I am convinced you get less than 50% of the time. It was easier for me when I had the explosion emblem, but I accidentally sold it.

Above all, there are too many items that have the potential to game break. Having a single counter that you can’t try to earn but can only win through luck is not a good solution. I’ve finished every daily goal and then some, yet I am 6k behind any of the three star scores in my silver league. I finished the first two tournaments in Diamond league with a reasonable amount of challenge, and I enjoyed it. Now this just feels like work, not fun.

AngryAngers
    @dungphant

Whatever but I’ll not join the arena in the third season or any seasons coming up. No more arena!

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@mvnla2 sorry to take so long to reply. I changed my name to onlyloserscheat. I am fed up of finding cheats in my league and on the battlefield. I think this week could be very competitive because a lot of people are on leave and have time to grind. On the other hand @londojowo posted that he doesn’t reject any opponents and rarely re-rolls and scores 3k an hour. I doubt therefore that an honest player can score 15k, 26k or 30k in an hour and a half even including objectives. I currently have 75k I am in 4th place but I don’t expect to stay there because the guy in 5th hasn’t played since Wednesday when he he was bumped from 1st.

I have been playing a small sample of players since half way through season 2. Over 50% bear the time jump emblem which is a nuisance because the battles are unpredictable. Two of the pool are the players who manipulate the cupcake trap and who I have reported to Rovio. I have received only the standard acknowledgement of my contact.

I usually play my objectives at around 10.30 pm an hour and half after receiving them. I routinely grind 40 or 50 minutes in the morning. On some days I can play the odd half hour or so at other times. I am tired and bored with the Arena and if the summer break means I would have to spend several hours a day grinding to keep up I will cease to play.

Apologies for the length of this post.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@audioman612 Why not? It sounds like you haven’t played an RPG before because in nearly every RPG I’ve played you have to be lucky on treasure or item drops to get the best items. Most RPGs it is impossible or would take too much time to get every item in the game. There are some RPGs where everything is predetermined, but those have little to no replay value so the great majority of games have random elements to it to keep things fun. You can go back 30+ years to text based games like Rogue or Moria and those games were a lot more random than this one.

One thing that kind of sucks about EPIC is that you will never get anything good by defeating enemies since they never drop anything except snoutlings and experience. There are some treasure chests in this game, but they will never have a good item. The only way to get a good item in this game is to spin on the pig machine.

AudioMan612
    @audioman612

I have played many RPG’s throughout my life. Chrono Trigger is one of my all-time favorite video games. Here’s the thing with them, yes, getting items is based on luck (this is especially true with the Final Fantasy series); however, those items can be helpful, but not necessary to make something consistently passable. Sure, you may have to train a little longer without those items (or usually those items just make things easier but you don’t need to train even if you don’t get them, or they are just for completion). Now the issue here is that these games are not always trying to get your money. Once you own the game, you own the entire game. Rovio needs to keep some way to get people to spend money on Lucky Coins, so it’s a balancing act, because many if not most players won’t want to spend much or any money. Personally, I think it should be a bit easier to earn Lucky Coins (and ironically, getting the one item in the game with “luck” in the name is one of the few things in the game that has absolutely nothing to do with luck). Personally, I think doing the daily dungeons should win you Lucky Coins, not Snoutlings, which are incredibly easy to get.

I agree with your second statement. As I said, it’s because Rovio wants some reason for people to spend money, which I’m not against, but I do think they try a little too hard. I’ve spent enough money on this game already just to unlock all of the classes.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

Wow, no one made any major moves overnight. Zeus’ and Redwing’s scores increased 12k ad 10k respectively whereas Alex18’s score stayed the same. Wonder if he advanced his clock and played two sets of objectives Thursday or did he just give up?

Looks like I won’t be grinding this morning, upon completing my objective later today it will put me over 170k for the week.

1st (Me) 164,310
    2nd Alex18 104,860
    3rd Zeus 100,625
    4th Redwing 61,695

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Bubbley — Thanks for the response. I’m sure I’ve encountered you as an opponent this week; may not have fought you though.
    What is the cupcake trap cheat?

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@mvnla2 the cupcake trap cheat is when the opponent put cupcake trap on one of your birds. You then are blocked from doing anything but self buffing while they finish you off.

I have not encountered any ABN players that I know of this season. My small pool of players is different from last season but small nevertheless.

Edit: I met mingkee27 in the first 2 weeks but he is no longer playing.

angryde
    @angryde

@londojowo Dude, your league’s numbers are astonishing. I’m first in my league with a pathetic 57,000 – with second and third on 49,000 and 47,800 respectively!

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

Good thing I checked the scores this morning as the race tightened quite a but. I’ve completed my 3k objective and ground for 5k more. I plan on grinding some more this morning and will check the scores around 1pm today.

1st (me) – 181,235
    2nd Alex18 – 164,375
    3rd Zeus – 105,060
    4th Redwing – 70,795

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

Ground until I hit 186k, went away for a spell, and when I came back 1 1/2 hours ago Alex18 had added to his score. Ground for another 4k. Now the the scores are at 190,195 and 167,720 respectively. Guess I’ll have to continue checking until time runs out. With each game I set a personal scoring record.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 382 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.