Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 382 total)
  • Replies
  • Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@londojowo
    I fought your team this morning. You had a slightly higher rating than me so I thought what the heck. You won the toss and beat me. It was a close match. Maybe we will meet again. I am stuck in 4th because ALEX has a strong chance of the winning first place because they have 2,347,125 points yesterday and have even not played today.

Tman
    @tman

This week has been tough. Even though I’ve met all objectives, it has been a very competitive week for me. Probably won’t be able to advance unless the top players miss objectives and I don’t get any bad ones.

I don’t see as many easy teams anymore either. However, my primary team is all rank 10 at this point with good set items. I only got in to platinum on the last week, I was stuck in gold for two seasons it seemed like. So I’m always going up against teams with diamond banners, still putting me at a disadvantage.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

It’s official. I haven’t even played one battle in season 3. There’s nothing left to do. I have all the diamond level set pieces and all the the achievements, except “Play them all.” Maybe I’ll complete that one one day, when I feel bored.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

I already have the Play Them All achievement. I currently am in 1st place with a 12k lead and will be in the Silver league this upcoming week. With this win I will have a 5 week winning streak (3 x Diamond, 1 x Wood, & 1 x Stone).

Jim151
    @jim151

It’s official. I haven’t even played one battle in season 3. There’s nothing left to do. I have all the diamond level set pieces and all the the achievements, except “Play them all.” Maybe I’ll complete that one one day, when I feel bored.

How do you get “Top of The Flock”? I’ve heard it was buggy, but does that mean one can’t get it anymore, or that one can still get it but it’s hit or miss? I have finished in first place 5 times in a row, and am about to make it 6, yet I still don’t have it.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@jim151 It’s hit and miss as you suspected. I’ve got both “Top of the flock” and “Arena master” achievements. I play on iOS, so that might have something to do with it. It took several first places to get “Top of the flock”, but I got “Arena master” on the first time.

Tman
    @tman

I think since my team is better than it was before, I’ve been moving up quickly. In Silver this week. Anyone else in a leaderboard where you are the only one in it? I’m wondering if I just got lucky or if others will appear later.

Putte
    @puttekula

Far away from lonely. Hard gaming here. Leaders well over 25k….

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@tman — I was by myself for a couple of days last week, then BOOM! a full league with almost everyone playing, and pretty competitive too. So my advice is not to slack off, unless you don’t mind staying put for a week. I didn’t finish all my objectives the first day, and boy, was I sorry. Someone else I know had the same experience last week.
    I was also alone for a few hours this week, but now am in a silver league where the low score is >10K, and the leader is at 16K, so still all bunched up.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@ABN-Kookaburra — Who are you? Saw you today in the silver league arena. Not going to fight you. Are you in silver this week?

Jim151
    @jim151

I was by myself for a couple of days last week, then BOOM! a full league with almost everyone playing, and pretty competitive too. So my advice is not to slack off, unless you don’t mind staying put for a week. I didn’t finish all my objectives the first day, and boy, was I sorry. Someone else I know had the same experience last week.
    I was also alone for a few hours this week, but now am in a silver league where the low score is >10K, and the leader is at 16K, so still all bunched up.

I’m playing competitively for the first time, and things went fine until Silver this week. I have no trouble meeting objectives or grinding as much as I feel like it, but I’ve been grinding about 3 hours a day and am nowhere near getting into the top 3. Before getting today’s objectives I was in 7th place with about 18K. 3rd place had ~ 22K and 1st about 25. I’m now in 5th with 25K, first is over 30, but unless I add another 3-4K, I’ll drop back to 7th. I t will only get worse if I do manage to advance, so I’m thinking of just maintaining this week and letting all the fanatics move on.

Kookaburra67
    @kookaburra67

Yes, I’m in silver though all by my lonesome for the time being. I haven’t been in a group alone this long yet. Usually after a day or two I get lumped into a group. I joined ABN a while back but haven’t come here much until lately. I’m a cardiac anesthesiologist in Atlanta who Played for the Australian Rules Football Club, The Atlanta Kookaburras for 10 years (retired). Thus, my username. Fits nicely.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@kookaburra67 — Welcome to ABN, even though you aren’t all that new. Guess I’ve seen some of your posts, but I didn’t remember your name. I wouldn’t count on being alone the rest of the week. : (

@jim151
    — Your league sounds pretty bad. I’m in 1st right now at 22K, but I think most people haven’t even started today’s objectives. I’m not willing to grind 3 hrs per day, so we’ll see how it goes.
    This week the people in my silver league are higher ranked than last week (understandable). There are 10 with diamond frames, 3 with platinum (including me), 1 gold, and one wood.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

We all seem to be experiencing a more competitive week in Silver not surprising I suppose. I have 8 diamond, 5 platinum and the rest gold. Spread in the top six players is from 24k to 30k some of those have not completed their objectives yet. I am currently first but it keeps changing within that group. Interestingly for the first time in 3 seasons I seem to have drawn a league of mainly Europeans, we are playing at the same time.

Jim151
    @jim151

Well, I’m done for this week. For the first time this season I failed to get a daily objective. It was win 3 battles while all enemy birds knocked out. I played 20 times before losing 3 battles (also a first for me this season), and got it only once. Time jump killed me in my last 2 battles. I lost one battle in round 2 because the enemy kept getting extra turns until my banner collapsed.

I’ll maintain, but there’s no way I’ll make up the points I lost today, by grinding. I’m 3,000 out of the money right now, and the 3rd place guy hasn’t played the new objectives yet, so it will be more like 8-10,000 out by tomorrow.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@jim151 — My condolences, I had the same objective today in silver — win 3 battles while all enemies knocked out. I also found it difficult, particularly since I got tired of playing McCool to find a reasonable opponent, so I ended up playing opponents that weren’t suited to my objectives. I finally made it, but it took a while. On the plus side, I won a bunch of battles without getting any objectives, so I did my grinding while trying to finish the objectives. The other hard objective for today was win 3 battles with a rage ability. Of course, you can accomplish both at once, but I think I managed that only one time.

Tman
    @tman

@mvnla2, I’m keeping up my objectives anyway. Still alone today. Wouldn’t you know it, this week has been a streak of the easiest objectives I’ve had in a very long time. Yesterday it was win three battles, win three in a row, and win three battles with three stars. Four battles in and I was done.

angryde
    @angryde

I’ve had a great streak too… all easy objectives and no LC purchasable class objectives. Easily in first and barely any grinding. Yay!

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

Grinding away here as usual, just had the kill 3 birds with 1 strike objective. It took a while both were on teams at 600 point strength. Chuck and Blues set em up and a chilli bomb took em down………………BOOOOOOOM CONFETTI!!!!!! Currently in 1st with a 7k point lead. Hopefully will continue my streak of winning the league (5 in a row now)

Bubbley
    @bubbley

One cheater showed himself today. He is nameless so not much point in notifying Rovio. I should be used to them by now but I still find them tiresome.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

My league had a player (Yelchick) make a major move though I think they more than likely have been grinding like hell. I just put them down though. Started the day at 52k (2k behind), I didn’t have my 1,500 and 3,000 objective complete. Two grinding sessions later I have a little over 67k and a 10.5k lead over the big mover.

@jim151
    Noticed you’re on my league board this week. Sorry to see that you missed some objectives, first part of the week looked good for you.

Jim151
    @jim151

@jim151 Noticed you’re on my league board this week. Sorry to see that you missed some objectives, first part of the week looked good for you.

Even if I had gotten those objectives, I would still be a longshot to advance. I’d still be over 6,000 out of third, and with family in town for the long weekend, I have neither the time nor the desire to grind. I’ll comfortably remain, and go for it next week.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@tman @jim151 @londojowo, anyone else?
    In case anyone is still interested, here is my complete list of objectives for this week.
    Complete list of objectives for MVnLA’s silver league week of 6/28 to 7/5
    1) 2 battles without Bomb
    2) 2 battles without healing own banner
    3) 3 battles destroy banner with rage
    4) Defeat 3 birds with Chuck
    5) 3 battles with 3*
    6) Knock out 3 birds while attacking your banner
    7) win 3
    8) Win 3 by knocking out banner while all enemies are knocked out
    9) Win 3 by destroying banner with rage (same as #3)
    10) Win 2 battles with bomb
    11) Knock out bomb 3 times
    12) Win 3 without knocking out any enemy birds
    13) Defeat 3 birds with Bomb
    14) Win 3 battles with 3 of your birds alive at end
    15) Win 3 playing with Spies and Sea Dog
    16) Win 2 battles without Chuck
    17) Win 3 battles without using rage chili
    18) Knock out 3 birds while they are attacking your banner (same as #6)

Jim151
    @jim151

Didn’t get my 3,000 point objective today,” Kill all three birds with one attack 2 times”. I played 15 battles, lost 3, and killed all 3 with one attack 1 time. I lost all 15 coin flips, and had to abort about 20 battles because the enemy had resurrection, which contrary to the published odds, works about 50% of the time. There’s very little chance of achieving that goal facing a resurrection enemy.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

I want to apologize in advance for anyone that’s in my Gold league this week. I’m off this week and due to wife and daughter working we’re not going any where so that leaves me with a lot of spare time to play. I will play several hours a day and expect to post scores between 18k and 20k a day.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 382 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.