Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 382 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Question — Is the trophy / frame for the highest league you reach, or the one you finish in (or would be promoted to at end).
    BTW, it took several hours for me to get the platinum trophy / frame. I was getting pretty annoyed.

burbman
    @burbman

@mvnla2 – As I understand it, it is the highest level reached, not necessarily the level finished at.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

I think I understand the bait and hook for the Arena league. The deal is that if you don’t play in a season, the following season your frame will regress back to a Wood League frame. You don’t get to keep whatever frame you ended with forever, you have to keep playing each season, and get to whatever level you did last season, to keep that frame. So if you ended Season 2 in Platinum, but don’t play Season 3 and end in Wood, you start Season 4 with a Wood frame, not a Platinum frame.

After I figured that out, I realized the whole thing was like the South Park episode featuring Rock Band on the Wii (or similar). At the end of the episode, two of the kids are going for 1,000,000 points. They reach that level, and they all look at each other and go “oh.” Then they all go off to do something else.

Oh. Neat. A digital trophy that I don’t get to keep. Charming.

Bossk
    @henjovr

I don’t think that’s true.
    I have 2 diamond trophies now. In the reward case I can switch between them, switching between the frame and trophy that’s shown.

Isn’t that so?

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mvnla2 The trophy is for the highest position you reach in the season. That is the description when you press and hold the trophies.

My level 45 team reached the Stone league early in season 2. But then I left it and did not play again, so my team was in wood league for at least the last 6 weeks. I got the stone trophy.

Anonymous

@jamairoqui Actually @henjovr is right. I have 2 trophys. A diamond and a platinum. If the diamond trophy is equipped the diamond frame is active. If the platinum is equipped I have a platinum frame.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

Ah. I see that now. That makes it less pointless, I guess. Are the two diamond trophies from the different seasons the same, or can you tell season one from season two?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dallasreds– Just beat you in the arena! Normally I would pass on someone with your stats, but couldn’t resist. Only got 2* though. Used a venomous team rated 799. @henjovr @partshade — Didn’t know there was a trophy case, but if you click on the trophy, it shows all your trophies.

angryde
    @angryde

Finally got my diamond trophy… and it almost killed me!

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@jamairoqui — The diamond trophies and frames are the same from both seasons. Lame

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

I didn’t accept my reward for season two yet. I found that can still roll on the Diamond League GAPM. I think I might just keep rolling Diamond League for a week or two before falling back to Wood League.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

OMG!!! Wood league is killing me, so much grinding to get 7k in points a day.

On the other hand my 6 weeks in the Diamond league was pretty good, 5 wins and a 3rd place finish.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@mvnla2 @partshade @kerravon @henjovr
    MVNLA Glad you ran into my team. I think they are tired! Congrats on the win. I an still running into the oddly equipped teams with the ratings that do not mean a thing. I have to play Mccool several times to get them again. You are right. They are very easy to beat. With the previous posts I figured out the trophy case where you can see both. Thanks

Another thing I have noticed while grinding is when you lose your 3rd life and it asks you if you want to spend 20LC to continue, the team that it shows you as your next opponent is ALWAYS REALLY LAME! I have noticed many times in the last week. This morning it was a team of birds with very low level weapons and banner items. Their power level was in the < 250. I feel as if I am being taunted. I think it is funny. Watch for it the next time you lose your last life.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@dallasreds I am tired of the Arena but I will see it out. I have found its taking more than a minute between battles so slow it’s driving me crazy. Then quite often it’s a computer generated team. So something is odd.

Where will I find the trophy case? Thanks.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@bubbley
    Hay you. I figured this out from the last page of posts because one mentioned a Trophy Case. I was thrown for a loop because I had not seen a case but found out If you double tap on your trophy it will show you both from seasons 1 and 2 and let you select one. I don’t know the reason for selecting one other than looking at it? If anyone knows anything more let me know.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@dallasreds yeah long time no speak! Glad to see your still here but the thought of another 24 weeks horrid. I really wish they would give us a break between seasons.

Thanks. I double tapped and there were two. But someone, I forget who, sorry, mentioned that you get a master trophy for finishing first. Mine are identical yet I finished first season 2. Woo hoo no score fiddlers in the final week!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dallasreds — Since I decided to play the 3rd season, I thought I ought to get serious about it, so I started keeping track of the teams I fought (not the ones I passed up). It takes quite a lot of time, so that record-keeping only lasted at most 2 days.
    Anyway, the vast majority of the teams I am offered are unnamed teams with nonsense rating and all birds 44/9, usually with 0 or 1 set item per bird. The ratings are generally much higher than realistic (as high as 950). They are all pretty easy to beat. The named teams have more realistic ratings.
    I have seen a few teams with ridiculously low ratings. I got one today as the first one after the objectives changed. At the end of last seasons (in gold league), it seemed that after the objectives changed, the first 3 or so teams were reasonable. So maybe Rovio decided to make it possible for people just starting the arena to get out of wood league without having to fight an endless string of 45/10 birds with level 45 sets and diamond-league banners.
    Reading what other people say, you opponents also seem to depend on the level of your birds.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@londojowo — What is the spread of scores in your league?
    I got to platinum last season.
    There is one player with a diamond frame;
    3 platinum, including me
    6 gold
    3 silver
    2 stone (haven’t played yet)
    Scores of people playing range from 5.7K to 21.1K (me!)
    Not sure if it will be necessary to get 7K per day to advance. 3rd place yesterday was 6.6K/day.
    If I look at my list of friends (who may not have played today yet), @dallasreds is at 13.9K and @Burbman is at 11.6K. Not sure who all of them are on ABN.

burbman
    @burbman

@mvnla2 – I finished yesterday within ten points of first place in my league, and you are correct, I have not yet played today’s objectives. I do not know what I have done to be so blessed, but the past four weeks or so, all it has taken for me to win my league has been to complete the dailies, and it looks like this week will be the same. My league has myself and one other player who completed the first two sets of daily objectives, four or five others who are roughly one set behind, and a few more with very small point totals. I do not plan to grind this season at all, so it may take me a little longer to reach diamond, but I already have a matched set of trophies, and don’t know where I would put a third anyway.

beaujack
    @beaujack

I’m done

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@burbman — So what is the spread of points in your league?
    How many points do you think it takes to daily objective in wood? 5K???
    Right now in my league there are 4 with >15K
    2 with ~14K
    5 with ~12K
    2 with <7K
    and 2 who haven’t played
    Not sure how many have played today’s objectives.

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2 My (wood) league table is quite evenly distributed at the start of S:III-W:I – Three diamond framers (including myself), three platinum framers, etc. Scores as high as 16000 for the three diamond framers… then dropping by about 1500 points a position to the dude sitting on dead last (with 5500).

GNC_Hunter
    @gnchunter

I am not sure if I will continue to play the arena.
    In both seasons I did not get higher than stone league. :(
    In this season I did complete every objective and I am on place 8 with 17k points. :(
    It would take alot of time to get the required point to advance further. :(

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

All level 45
    Me – Diamond (x2) – 24,080
    2nd – Gold – 18,715
    3rd – Platinum – 18,415
    4th – Diamond – 17,195
    5th – Diamond – 16,735
    6th – Diamond – 14,810

Not sure if I will grind during the day like I have the past 2 days.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@dallasreds if you have trophies that are different leagues, you can change your frame. For instance, I have a platinum and a diamond trophy. My frame changes to reflect the selected trophy.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 382 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.