Will the honest players please stand up?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Will the honest players please stand up?

• Before the BirdDay update, many of us complained about uneven matchmaking and bots.
    mighty

I haven’t seen the above situations since the update. Nonetheless, I’m still suspicious.
    Two of a kind

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • VL
    @vlp57

I’ve not seen it either. Good
    thing!!

cognitive
    @cognitive

The party line is that the opponent’s bird lineup is not ‘real time’ but reflects what’s coming, so in this case he starts with Bomb, then Chuck, wins a bird thru Destructometer and it’s another Bomb.

I’m not sure I see how, exactly because of situations like those. With 0 score I’d be sceptical, if there were points on the board it would be what I just said. But then, when a bird is earned, it’s generally the same type as the one just expended, or so I see in my own experience.

Mancala Parakin
    @mancala-parakin

@cognitive I took the screenshot at the start of the battle, hence the zero score.

Raizir
    @raizir

why does the opponent have 2 bombs?

Mancala Parakin
    @mancala-parakin

@raizir Could be a bot.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

Before the update, you could choose not to play a game like that and reset it. Now you lose a ticket. Took me a while to realise that!

Jon S
    @jon3800

I’m an honest player and I regret to say that I’ve spent some money trying to stay in the league to collect feathers, pearls, and gems. It’s definitely suspicious and I sometimes wonder if these “players” we’re facing are playing in the same scene or are they fudging their points.

3 situations I’m suspicious about.

1) The bloated scores in the arena. If a streak 1 or 4 opponent can somehow outmatch me (I have lvl 14/15 birds with all crowns + bring in 5 spells and against their lvl 12-15 birds with mixed hats and no spells) there’s something fishy going on.

2) Star counts. How can a honest player catch up to a player that manages to get 200-300 stars by the time it takes to complete 1 round. Right now I’m a distant 3rd place (I’m 810 and 1st place has 1450). With 3 hour waits…it’s impossible to catch up.

3) @mancala-parakin as you pointed out..double birds in the lineup. I’ve just faced an opponent that got 3 bombs and 2 reds in a row. I did win the round, but can’t say that was easy with bomb having a cowboy hat that did 18x the damage.

Smash McCloud
    @smashmccloud

This happens to me every time I get past 5 on the winning streak. I get matched against player with birds 2 and 3 levels higher… EVERY TIME. Seems very unfair and impossible to beat without having to use lots of spells. It seems like AB2 has become very much a “pay to play” game……

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I thought it was clear when I posted about it months ago… Guess not… :(

The double Bomb you see in the screenshot is NOT a bot. It’s simply a player that got their Bomb back right after they used it, and used Bomb again once it came up after they used Red! It’s not impossible. It just requires some luck.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Will the honest players please stand up?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.