Why No Power Up Scores on Leaderboards?

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Why No Power Up Scores on Leaderboards?

• Please tell me why we can’t use the scores we get using power ups, when they are there to use them already?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Replies
  • Sglouk
    @sglouk

@bgbuk
    One reason is that unlimited PU’s are not supposed to exist (well, they do on some hacked versions of some games), so that PU leaderboards would be highly correlated with the amount of money people would want to spend for it. Moreover, there are some platforms (PC, for example) where PU’s are not present at all.

Assuming that this is not an issue (i.e. everybody plays with hacked version with unlimited PU’s), my belief is that if you are a good flinger without PU’s, you’ll also be an equally good flinger with PU’s, so that adding this extra leaderboard will not change anything to the picture.

The only added value I see for PU’s is that for several levels I have investigated, the best strat might be completely different with or without PU’s, so that they are in some sense very different levels. But since almost no one has played all levels of all games in the normal way, I doubt that doubling (roughly) the number of levels by including PU leaderboards will be of interest for most people.

byrdman23
    @bgbuk

So I guess from now on I’ll play them how ever I want an not put up my scores and if I do it’ll be the lowest one i have and i won’t make anyone wonder, how did he do it? I ask that questions myself, take the new friends game, on one of them mine is in the 153,000 range and somebody 383,000 range, How is that possible?

burbman
    @burbman

@bgbuk – Power up scores are allowed here for AB Friends, just not the other games. As far as the score you are referring to, my guess would be one of the unlimited power up hacks that @sglouk mentions above.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Why No Power Up Scores on Leaderboards?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.