Why doesn't Druid ever buff?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Why doesn't Druid ever buff?

Viewing 7 replies - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Replies
  • Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@ckd1 The problem with cave 9 is that is doesn’t play the same for all bird combinations (in the sense that some combinations don’t work at all (birds get killed) or the mastery output is only around 60 points per run-through), so it’s not best for general purpose use (try running any of the five-wave cave 9 levels with Treasure Hunters and Frost Savage, for instance). And, even for combinations that give 100+ mastery per run, it takes a long time so if you do the mastery/minute calculation it’s still not all that much different than Cave 4-5 (which plays *fast* and works for nearly any high-level 2-bird combination).

Cave 9 is an oddity and useful for a few classes (my hunch is it will rock for Cleric (or Priestess) paired with any of Red’s classes), but you have to test it for each pair to see if it’s going to be worthwhile.

Ckd
    @ckd1

I use paladin and sea dog with the pick pocket set mastery around 120 each and snoutlings around 80 avg

Coach MP
    @coachmp

@jamairoqui Good points. I averaged the mastery for a few caves. Here’s my findings: cave 10-5 give 68.8. Cave 9-5 gave 118. Cave 4-5 gave 84.6. The two factors i didn’t pay any attention too (that you brought up) were time it took and specific bird classes. Thanks for the help guys.

Right now I’m letting rainbird buff as much as he’d like and seeing how that works for cave 9-5. He’s paired with bomb captain, pick pocket and another random bird. on auto play

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@ckd1 Paladin is the perfect class to use for Cave 9 since he rarely buffs and he heals on every attack. So pairing him with Seadog would be good. But, try that with Samurai instead and you will find your birds are dead by the 4th wave since Seadog’s attack will keep getting weaker and weaker and the health of both birds will just keep going down. That is what I mean that Cave 9 is not a general strategy, especially if you just use two birds. You have to have a class that heals on every attack (Paladin, Cleric), or one that buffs and heals a lot (Rainbird/Bard/Princess(Maybe? I would bet, however, she never buffs when playing Cave 9, same as Druid)). But if your Paladin or Rainbird or Bard are *already* at M70, then taking them along doesn’t make sense because you are losing a bird’s worth of mastery per run. It is far more efficient in terms of time to just run Cave 4-5 (over and over and over).

@coachmp
    I haven’t tested this, but I suspect on a mastery/minute/bird level, one of the three-wave Cave 9 levels might produce mastery on par with what you can get with Cave 4-5 (in terms of mastery per minute per bird) *and* let you play with any random combination of birds. I haven’t done a lot of testing, but in combinations that get smoked in a five-wave level (e.g., Seadog/Treasure Hunters), both birds seems to survive three levels most of the time and the runs are relatively fast. The mastery output is lower, maybe 75 or so, but that is still not bad considering it took

Finally, if you are going to run three birds in the cave, Cave 13-5 is the best without question. (I’m pretty sure this is what @smwforever45 found when he did his runs.) It plays relatively fast, any three relatively high level birds work on autoplay, and the mastery per run is always over 120. The issue there is that there is typically a limit to the number of friends with higher level birds (E60+/M60+) available and sometimes the friends classes don’t mesh well with what you need. So, for me, I get maybe 10-12 runs per day in on 13-5, then grind on 4-5 since my classes left to level up are not ones that heal when they attack or buff.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

Turns out Marksmen (artillery) and Samurai (Titan) also work pretty well together.

Ckd
    @ckd1

WHAT ABOUT HEALING?

Ckd
    @ckd1

I keep wanting to try combos but the group I am with in silver league is ruthless, no cheats I don’t think but top 4 are battling hard. Plus holiday event which I got a late start on

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Why doesn't Druid ever buff?

Viewing 7 replies - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.