Who else is sick of cheaters…

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Who else is sick of cheaters…

• Hi guys,

Listen, it’s not my goal to get somebody banned… I couldn’t care less, who’s cheating (or, not), but it’s directly impacting my game. I’m even tired of saying it… Here’s the deal:

I, just, played 15, 20 consecutive Arena battles – to catch up to the No. 1 on the list – so that I can progress to the next League. There’s nothing much -else- left in my game, but the Arena, as I have pretty much completed everything else… In this case, today, I will most likely progress – as the guy(s) *cheating* is on the Friends list – however, other days, there will be cheaters on the main list & I’ll remain in the lower League, no matter what I do.

Again, I don’t want to get anyone banned or anything – it’s just that they’re making it impossible for me to play… Ok, not impossible, but -totally- pointless. Anyway, here are those (two) screenshots:

View post on imgur.com

(That guy, on the Friends list, is ~20K above me and I have completed all previous challenges, plus I’ve played ~20 extra battles to get that score; pretty ridiculous, meh. I don’t know… If it’s a bug in the game, or what.)

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Replies
  • Nostromov
    @nimd4

Just reading another topic: “I promoted up to Diamond with a hair under 60k [..]”

… All I can think is: um, no, you didn’t (lol). Because to get 60k in the Arena – how many hundreds of battles would you have to play. Even IF you’re getting 500 per battle (whatever League that might be, can’t remember if it -even- goes that high), that would mean that you’d played 120 battles, at the minimum. Not sure whether, even, *edit* a lifer on death row does that.

What’s my problem, seriously?..:) :)

P.S. 3 minutes /battle x 120 Arena fights = 360 minutes / 60 = 6 hours of play.

* Or, whatever, 2 minutes x 120 (at the minimum, right?!) amounts to 4 hours of play (and that’s the best case scenario, unless I’m way off on something)

angryde
    @angryde

@nimd4 Have you considered joining a (new week’s) league 2 hours prior to the conclusion of the first day – i.e. joining on hour 22 of day 1? I always do this… and, 90% of the time, the auto-gen’d board is entirely reasonable… winnable even! I’m sure you’ve read this elsewhere, but the anecdotal ‘evidence’ seems to suggest that the earlier you ‘join’ an auto-gen’d board (on day 1) the more competitive it tends to be..? + the more packed with serial cheaters/pests. In any case, I understand your frustration. Honestly. Stalling in a particular league, despite your very best efforts, is genuinely infuriating!

Dahnlor
    @dahnlor

Getting over 10K a day really isn’t that hard in the higher leagues. Completing all of the dailies gives you a 5.5K bonus, so you’re already more than halfway there before counting anything from the victory spins. In Platinum league the average for a 3-star victory is about 140 points, which works out to 32 battles for the remaining 4500 points. Presuming all 3-star wins and not being horribly unlucky with spins, that can be achieved in about an hour. All it takes is persistence and a good enough team to win all your battles.

Usually I don’t devote so much time to achieve this, but a couple of weeks ago I decided to sacrifice a chunk of Reddit browsing time to finally getting to Diamond, and I managed to finish the week in first place with a score 74K.

I wouldn’t consider someone with 40K after three days to be cheating. Granted, it requires quite a bit more time than I’m usually willing or able to devote to the Arena, but it’s not unrealistic.

And @angryde is right that you can get an easier board if you wait until close to the end of the first day. People who have a lot of time to grind at the Arena (and actual cheaters, for that matter) are much more likely to start early, leaving the later boards to more mellow players.

CDRGuy
    @cdrguy

You don’t say which league you’re in. As you move up, the reward per battle goes up, so getting higher scores is much easier. For instance, in Diamond league, the top spot is 175.

When I was striving for first in Diamond League, I’d regularly post >100k scores each week. Since you get 5.5k/day for objectives, 60k per week is only 3k/day. Yes, it amounts to a fair bit of time, about 1 hour per day (7 hours per week), but it can be done while doing other activities, as it doesn’t require that much brain power.

The values you show are definitely NOT cheating.

Ryogo Kusama
    @ryogokusama

He’s in Gold League, you can see it from the first screenshot BUT you can’t see his friends’s league.

Anyway, that guy is definetly not a cheater, he just spent more hours than you grinding up to the top, his score is actually pretty average… I’m sorry if you expected a different answer but it’s just how things are.
    I’m in Diamond League right now, and the top score is curently 35k and we’re not even competing for first place anymore since we’re already on top and it’s the last week of the season… the previous week we had scores 10-20k higher at this point, it’s pretty normal.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

This isn’t the first time Nostromov has cried wolf and we’ve explained that the scores he saw were actually quite low last time. The gold league has a top spot of of 125 on the wheel.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised that I haven’t seen any cheaters on my boards at all this season other than a huge number of players getting all rank 12 birds and all level 52 set items within a week or two of that stuff becoming available. Rovio has been doing a good job of getting rid of the cheaters that manipulate their score.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@nimd4 – I promoted up to Diamond fair and square on the strength of a 50/12 max damage team. For completing all of my objectives (5.5k daily), I got 38.5k base (I missed no objectives that week). In Platinum, the wheel gives over 200 per 3-star win, which means I ground out 100+ battles, or 15-20 wins per day. Yes, it took hours of play to grind 8-10k daily. That’s what it takes to get to Diamond.

In Diamond, there are guys grinding 20k daily, that’s 15k in battles on top of the 5k in objectives. I won’t call them cheaters over that, because I see the 50/12 teams with the Diamond 52 Set items all day long.

But you’re too n00b to understand that. The fact that you suck in arena is your fault, not mine. Nor some “cheaters”.

tl;dr – I am not a cheat, and you owe me an apology.

angryde
    @angryde

@dahnlor @cdrguy @ryogokusama @killerkea @graugeist well said, all. @nimd4, read well, and try to process what more experienced players are telling you. You’ll be LESS frustrated when you accept the bitter reality of the arena! :-D

Teemowns Yordle
    @teemowns-yordle

I think it’s a bot

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

It’s not a bot. My Diamond board has 2 guys duking it out for 1st with well over 40k each. I’m at 30k right now, and I’m only 9th. I ground out 5k last night top open a bigger gap over 13th. If n00b OP were on my board with 20k, he’d be dropping down to Platinum.

I would not be surprised if other Diamond boards were similar this week, with people grinding to avoid dropping down.

And, as others have noted, this week is not competitive, because it’s the last week of the season.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@nimd4
    I have this turkey on my board. He has almost 60k in 1st place and I am in 2nd with 40k and almost everyone else has 40k. I have a screenshot from ipadair 2 but I can’t get it from album to here. Send me some simple instructions and I will post it if you want to see it.

vyse12012
    @vyse12012

Well, getting 20k daily isn’t that hard .. In season 2, that’s what I need to got to be promote!

Hell, I even need to get 40k one time to get to the top 3 ( that day took my 10h of play tho …

Now, 9-k-10k daily was all I need to make my way to the diamond league

KillerKea
    @killerkea

It really is the luck of the draw and patience. Two weeks ago I had 43.5k and that was only good enough for 10th in Platinum. Last week I had slightly over 51k which was good enough for me to get promoted to Diamond. As the season goes on it gets easier to earn a promotion because all the heavy players will have earned their promotion earlier in the season. Since this is the last week it doesn’t matter where you finish since we are all getting demoted to Wood next season. Also the trophy you get is for the highest league you attained during the season not where you finish the season. There is also a bug in this game that usually gives people who finish in Platinum the Diamond trophy even if they never reached Diamond.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

I haven’t played in a very long while but I remember many weeks like this.

Screenshot_2015-03-22-15-33-58.png

Those days you needed 65K just to keep from getting demoted in any league gold or above. Arena looks soft anymore if you can win at 20K.

angryde
    @angryde

@tigerussell That’s an intense board, damn. However, we’ve all been there! Though… I’ve never been in position 1-10 ‘there.’ Lol! I think my highest diamond score… like, EVER, was 104,000 or something. n00b!

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@angryde — That was toward the end of season 2. I used to be a daily player but hung it up when it was no longer fun. No doubt by now my gear would not be up to snuff to complete such a feat again. I’m only four stars away from the enhanced golden pig and somehow can’t muster the desire to get it. I’m still hoping they will add some real new content. I play the events sometimes and get the new gear, but there isn’t really anything drawing me back.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

I agree with this cheating issue. I saw somewone who’s red had more than 2000 HP and was on Level 26. I am Level 30 and my red has 1500 HP. My red is my strongest bird and I am using Steel Wall and Steel Force set item combo. Can’t anyone fix this.

Ryogo Kusama
    @ryogokusama

You didn’t even read the thread, did you…

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

I did read this thread!!!!

Tobmec
    @tobmec

I was first in my arena league group last night (Saturday Night) at 48k points. The next highest was 39k with a day’s worth of points to go. Today I am 30k behind and the guy in second is now in third. Wtf. The player is DIIIIIIII.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

No, you didn’t read it.

You’re only Level 26, and probably a grinder. If they’re Level 30 and spending real money on mastery, they could easily have far better birds than you. Especially with good Banners.

N00bs need to stop crying “cheater” until they’re Level 50 with Level 50 Sets and Level 50 Diamond banners.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

I haven’t seen a cheater since the early part of season 3.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Who else is sick of cheaters…

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.