Which class should i buy with the 40% discount?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Which class should i buy with the 40% discount?

• I am in a dilemma of which class i should by with the 40% discount I have Paladin, So i am Thunderbird and Sea Dog and Bard. What i should buy? Thunderbird is very appealing but i don’t know it’s attacks also the same with sea dog Bard I have played from a friend essence in a dungeon but i wasn’t impressed? So which one i should go? Also if i buy the Thunderbird at 156 lucky coins is there any way to have and the elite version of that bird?

Thanks people any advises are welcomed!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@elpapam
    I’d say, get Sea Dog first. Has the best “bang for your buck” as Americans say it… I think ;)
    Yes you can purchase the Elite version immediately afterwards. In the case of Sea Dog, I’d recommend that because it increases his health, and more health is great to have for Sea Dog.

However, if you play the Arena more than the island/cave levels, then Thunderbird might also be worth considering.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@smwforever45 thanx for the advice i have left with 229 lucky coins and do you know how much is costing the Elite Version of Thunderbird and the Elite of Sea Dog? (i know i will be in pinch after buying one of them)…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@elpapam
    All Elites cost 90 LC’s. So it probably won’t be enough for both :(

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@smwforever45 i know i will left with 73 Lucky Coins But in 5 days the 30 Lucky Coins at the end of the week will also available so i can buy the Elite Class.

The Elite Class Headgears are always available for buy or after some time it stops to be available?

Also i like that damn Thunderbird… What attack does it has; I have level up my Elite Illusionist up to 12 and with rebirth set both egg and feather at level 5 it has power 269 and has a good damage at 1996 better than my level 14 wizard that has 1908. But wizard attacks also and other opponents as well… hm…

But i like also Sea Dog… man i cant decide!

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

Sea Dog is by far the best Bomb class. Thunderbird is good but Chuck has Wizard which is probably his best class.

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

I used to swear by SeaDog too but now I find Thunderbird a lot more useful in the Arena, especially with the Last Will set. SeaDog is great on paper and deadly… at 100% health. But his problem is that he looses his attack power very fast if he gets any hits and looses health. For Bomb, I find Pirate a lot more reliable and effective in the Arena. In my case, that is with both Elite and both at M15.

But if you win the coin toss, SeaDog can be davastating against the enemy banner.

Chuck_Bird
    @aufar-ramadhan

@elpapam Just go for the Thunderbird! I’m starting to regret my ESeaDog now.
    Elite classes will be always available

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@pixelyzed & @aufar-ramadhan thanx for sharing your advises i might go for the Thunderbird in the end. I have level 15 elite pirate and Captain at bomb with set the hook with the compass one and the the other the iron ball that you are throwing it. I was thinking seriously the Sea Dog but i was thinking as well to start playing some time the arena.
    I stopped the arena for many reason but i might started again sometime in the future and so i was thinking seriously to buy Thunderbird but the thing is that i don’t know the attacking stile what is close to i mean it attacks like Wizard or lightning bird? That’s is what i don’t know and still now i am hesitating to buy it. I am also very low in Lucky Coins so i have to think carefully before making any move.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Again, it depends on the player’s focus.
    For island and cave levels, Sea Dog is beast.
    For the arena, Thunderbird is a viable choice. (While I’m aware Wizard is a better class, Thunderbird has a much better secondary effect and can afflict a +25% damage debuff, too!)

EDIT: Thunderbird damages all enemies the same, just like Mage and Lightning Bird. Wizard damages one enemy a lot and the other three by less amount.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@smwforever45 you mean example the x Level has 1900 it will strike the 1900 damage to all opponents? If that’s true then it would be awesome! Also my Wizard is 12.000k mastery away to reach level 15 but he seems weaker than my Elite Illusionist where he is at level 12.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@elpapam
    Illusionist is crap, to be honest XD
    His damage may seem high but he only damages a single enemy and applies a debuff that makes all other enemies take 25% of the damage that you deal to the target.

And no. Thunderbird deals 50% damage to all enemies. So if his attack value is 1900, he will deal 950 to all. That’s in between Lightning Bird (who deals less damage) and Mage (who deals a bit more damage).

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@smwforever45 So the best even from the “Elite” Class is the Wizard. I hope for an elite headgear for the Wizard to be done. Illusionist i now that he is crap. But his attack in a single enemy far surpass my lvl 14 wizard. I now wizard gives also and to the other damage but still… Anyway so Thunderbird isn’t gonna help so much? Oh man i can’t decide!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@elpapam
    When you use Chuck, you won’t want to damage just a single enemy, though.

Thunderbird has another advantage. He has one of the best secondary abilities. His shield can KO an opposing Chuck or Spies when they attack you. It’s like Mage’s shield but 4x better for the Arena. :P
    Plus, the debuff he applies to the attacked enemy is pretty cool too. It increases all damage dealt to that target by 25%. 2000 damage becomes 2500. ;)

Pointless
    @pointless

@elpapam all things point towards a Thunderbird purchase. It is a very good Class, you won’t regret it.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@smwforever45 & @pointless i will buy the Thunderbird, and after the end of the week when i will take and the 30 lucky coins i will buy and the elite headgear.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@elpapam
    Sounds fair. :)

Pointless
    @pointless

I am also in the same line of thought as many here. Although SeaDog is a very useful Class, I do find this somewhat diminished with the new Arena-specific Sets available now. PvE, no question a go-to, but I also find TBird more useful in Arena right now.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@smwforever45 i don’t know if it’s the best choice but i hope that he might become handy in the future! the think that is making me skeptical is that it don’t give the original power and its been divided by half.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@elpapam
    Mage deals 55% damage to all enemies.
    Lightning Bird deals 45% damage to all enemies.
    Rainbird deals 20% damage to all enemies, and adds a debuff that deals 35% damage to all enemies for 3 rounds.
    Wizard deals 100% damage, but only to the first target. The second target will take 67% damage, the third target 45%, the fourth target 30%.
    Thunderbird deals 50% damage to all enemies.
    Illusionist deals 80% damage to a single enemy.

So, in fact, only Wizard gives the “original power”, and that only to a single target. Your best bet when facing a lot of enemies (5+) is Mage, followed by Thunderbird. But because of Thunderbird’s better shock shield, and because of the debuff he applies, I’d take Thunderbird over Mage anytime.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@smwforever45 thanks for the accurate description!

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@elpapam @smwforever45

Yoshi makes a lot of valid points. Until Wizard gets an Elite upgrade, the best Chuck class is Thunderbird for its secondary ability.

Also, Chuck has some of the best weapon sets and you would be wise to enchant any legendary set items you get for it. Last Will is particularly effective in the Arena closely followed by Reset and Time Jump. Twin Lightning is great if your Chuck is a bit weaker because of its extra health. Mana Shell is great against venomous teams.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@pixelyzed @pixelyzed @pointless i just bought the Thunderbird. I hope that i won’t get disappointed. I will start playing it when i will have the Elite headgear in other words after 5 days.

Pointless
    @pointless

@elpapam good choice…but as @pixelyzed has said, you need the Sets. Definitely Bones in Arena, and Twin Lightning still can’t be beat elsewhere.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@pointless I have complete sets the Twin Lightning lvl 52 Time Jump lvl 58 & 62 and final my most stronger set Reborn lvl 62 with both items level 5 upgrade.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@elpapam
    It can’t hurt to take your Thunderbird with you to 4-5 or 11-4 to get a bit of Mastery for it. Rank 3 can be done in 5 days I think. ;)

@pixelyzed

Wizard is still a viable choice against 4 or less enemies (although will deal less damage than T-bird on the 3rd and 4th enemy), and clearly better against 2 or less. Lately I have found some use for Wizard’s secondary ability too; it fills the Chilli up a bit and has a decent chance to stun an attacking enemy. For the Arena, and small waves, I’d still say Wizard is the best class; but Thunderbird is a close follower-up.

I dunno about Time Jump. A chance of 10% is simply too low…
    The one set I’d love to have is Twin Lightning. Really, it’s the ONLY set that still manages to beat me in the Arena, besides Artillery.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Which class should i buy with the 40% discount?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.