Where to Get Gifts?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Where to Get Gifts?

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 359 total)
  • Replies
  • Maiasatara
    @maiasatara

I just installed the update on 2/11/16 and the gifts are GONE in Level 13 and I got 2 blue in Level 9 but it felt like a random occurrence. This was the only thing that kept me sane during all the Arena frustration and I was able to get all my birds fully into Emerald with 3 almost into Amethyst. So while Rovio giveth (sortof) they taketh with a bigger hand. If anyone discovers new 2-room levels with good Red Gift ratios, please let me know.
    Btw – I played for a total of 35 minutes straight doing nothing but start/retry looking for gifts in the first room.
    1. 5 minutes solid in 13 – zero gifts.
    2. 5 minutes solid in 9 – zero gifts.
    3. 10 minutes solid in 13 – zero gifts.
    4. 10 minutes solid in 9 – 1 blue gift midway through then two tries later a second blue appeared that I did not take. I reset it for red and none of either came again.
    5. Another 5 minutes solid in 13 – zero.

@mvnla2
    @puttekula @viking

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@maiasatara @wrw01, anyone else — Guess it might be time to track statistics again.
    Interested in restarts of level 9 vs gifts in first level, keep track of red and blue separately. If you want to keep track of gifts in second level, that’s OK, but takes a lot longer. We had lots of data previously, so will take a while.
    I agree with maiasatara — My first impression was that it was taking a lot longer to get a gift on the first level of 9, but we do know it is random, and you can run into dry spells. See wrw01’s post on previous page.

bigbadaboom
    @bigbadaboom

I did about 50 restarts of lvl 9 today. 0 boxes. Seems to me they killed farming in the latest update.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@clovos @bankler — OK, it’s true confession time for Rovio. Why did you nerf the gifts in level 9? I just did >60 restarts of level 9, and there were no (zero) gifts in the first room. This is more than twice as many restarts as ever recorded by @wrw01 (see previous page). Granted, it’s within statistical probability, but it must be beyond 6 sigma. I did get a friends gift earlier today in level 9, but it didn’t let me send it to a friend.
    You really are working extra hard to make people quit the game.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@clovos @bankler

I totally agree with @mvnla2
    Players deserve a straightforward answer.
    Regards.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@mvnla2
    I will respectfully decline to collect any additional statistics.

My best guess as to why there are no gifts on level 9 is because we “farmed” that level and they changed it to keep us on our toes and forever guessing. That is why it is a game, things do not stay the same with the changes of each update. It is only my guess, not based on any fact.

Maiasatara
    @maiasatara

Well @mvnla2 said it PERFECTLY with, “You really are working extra hard to make people quit the game.” In fact, right at this moment, the only thing stopping me from quitting is the ability to out on my former QA & IT Mgr. hat and run some stats. It’s funny but I had much better luck in level 13 than I ever did in 9 but I’m willing to run the numbers in Level 9. Is there any baseline I need to meet to make it comparable to previous work done by @wrw01? FYI – still losing at 75% rate in Arena (even with the video “gift” because it’s most often a spell which we all know barely gives any debris points where a bird could have upped my score by 500,000. I have HUNDREDS of photos of Start/Finish arena games. I HAD middle room by room shots, too, but I needed to make room for IOS update. I saved a very few what I call “total bullshots” – exact same bird thrown (with same strength) and me with near total destruction but my opponent scoring 4x my score. If anyone thinks any of these might be worth while I’d like to organize and submit them and be done with it.

dustin-rowe
    @dustin-rowe

I concur, farming appears futile on levels 9,11,13,33. Most time spent on 9 & 13 with no success. Surely there are other levels for farming, if you find one it looks like you should keep it to yourself.

Peter Sliep
    @peter-sliep

Playing level 9 like 100 times.
    Zero gifts. No red, no blue.
    Anyone else?

James Peden
    @james-peden

Same shit different day. Rovio’s greedy ass has seem to have taken out red boxes almost all together. If you want feathers buy premium treasure chests for real money or forget about leveling up your birds. All treasure chests in the game past level 240 have nothing in them but 20 lousy feathers. Arena keeps getting more and more pay to play. Time to find better games to play

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@maiasatara — Can’t believe you’re willing to do this, but it you can automate it, it would be bearable.
    I think wrw01 collected data on paper.
    I put my data in a spreadsheet.
    Columns:
    Leven Rooms Total Attempts Blue Red B+R %B+R Results (1 column per reset)
    Results were 0, B, or R
    At various times I collected data separately for 1st stage and 2nd stage as well as combined. I personally am most interested in gifts in the first stage, since it is a lot faster to restart, look for gift, close and restart again if no gift found, rather than play first stage. For comparison, the old data is in the main post. I may may have some data on other, longer, levels, but not sure it’s worth looking at.

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

Even before the update, I never got a gift in the first room of level 9, it was always the second. Level 13 was more likely to have a gift in the first room. I haven’t tried farming for gifts since the update. I have a fairly full list of rooms in which I’ve found a red gift, but no stats on how often I find one again. Some levels have four rooms or more, so they would be hard to use for farming.

@mvnla2
    , I don’t see you listed as a friend in AB 2 anymore. Did something happen to your connection with FB?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@andalaybay — I don’t think there is a problem with my FB connection to AB2, but who knows. The only way to tell for sure who’s on their friend’s list is to get a blue gift and see who you can send it to. I’m currently on level 444 (just completed 443). What level are you on? I can’t see you on the map, but if I have another friend on the same level as you, I can only see one of you. The only other way is if you are in the top 3 of my leaderboard on some level. That might be difficult, because one of my friends is Mighty-Red-1. I’m not in the top three myself most of the time. If you can see the leaderboard on level 413, I’m in 3rd place on my board with 2310981 pts.

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

@mvnla2, you have disappeared completely to me. You do not show up in the list when I have a gift to give and you don’t show up on any of the leader boards. I am currently on level 376. I’m usually second after ABegger Too on my leader boards. The third person varies.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@andalaybay — Forget what I just said. It’s your icon that is on 376. I had forgotten what you looked like. Will let you know if I can still send you gifts, if I ever get another. There is another friends icon on 376, and ABeggarToo is not on my leaderboard for the previous few levels, although I have seen him/her on other leaderboards today. Sending you a PM.

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

I just got a blue gift from level 11, second room. When I sent it, I didn’t see you listed, @mvnla2.

Birdbrain
    @furious

Rovio has to be the most hacked game makers on any app. I’ve just battled for hours all week only to be beat to third place at the last minute buy a guy who got a million points. I’m getting my money back via iTunes for yet another Rovio app. Last week a similar thing happened, I took a screen shot of the player and sent it rovio and they said they’re not kicking hackers off the game, instead they’re going to bring an update out!! Wtf!! The update that took away the red gifts and added even more adverts! I’ll never download another game by them. All angry birds are getting deleted right now. Good buy Rovio forever.

Birdbrain
    @furious

It wouldn’t surprise me if we’re playing a cartoon too. Some of the things that go on are no way coincidence

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@andalaybay — Believe it or not, I got a blue gift on level 444, and I was actually able to complete the level. You were on my list of people I could send gifts to, so I sent it to you. Please let me know if you get it.
    I wonder though if I’ve disappeared from everyone’s friends lists? I haven’t gotten a gift from a friend in several days.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mighty-red-1 @wrw01 @burbman @abeggertoo Any of the rest of my friends playing AB2 — Can you still see me on the map? I am currently on level 445; just finished 444. Have any of you sent me gifts recently? I haven’t gotten any for several days.

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

@mvnla2, I didn’t get a gift from you. I did just get one from ABeggerToo. ABeggerToo said that AB 2 kept signing him out of FB. He had to keep reconnecting. He said that finally got fixed in the last update. Can you log out of FB in AB 2? Maybe the problem will fix itself when you log back in again.

ABeggerToo
    @abeggertoo

@mvnla2 I haven’t been able to see you for weeks – although you are still on my Facwbook friends list. I resent an invite when you disappeared, but no response. The latest update seems to have corrected some of the Facebook connection issues so I will send you another invite right away.

hooksfan
    @hooksfan

@mvnla2 I’ve been unable to gift or receive gifts for well over two years (Angry Birds Go and now this game). I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong and Rovio wasn’t able to help. I’ve got two Rovio games that I no longer play (Angry Birds Go and Bad Piggies) and this game could very well become the third.

ABeggerToo
    @abeggertoo

@andalaybay in the past I have received gifts on both rooms of level 9. In the first room they are usually low (behind the second structure, close to the flower) and high (both in front and behind structure 3). In the second room they are along the arc to the structure (usually closer to the slingshot) or behind the structure (unreachable by most birds, but they get hit by debris when the structure explodes).

As others have noted, since the last update they are blue gifts only but they still vary in location.

On level 13 I never really know where the gifts are located – I assume they are hidden in the mist.

Maiasatara
    @maiasatara

@abeggertoo – in level 13 the gifts were always in the first room. Either in the sky on the way to the structure, down to the bottom left of the structure, almost as if you were aiming down the crevice or on the far side of the structure, the worst of the three. Why you ask?
    1. When NO gift is there, the umbrella pig almost never dies with the first bird, regardless of which you fling. When the gift is behind it, all pigs ALWAYS die with bird 1; meaning you can’t throw a second bird to reach behind.
    2. The ONLY bird that can get that gift on a first fling, is a perfectly placed bomb to blow debris into it. Good luck getting it in the first three.
    3. The lamest fling with your weakest bird will now, by some miracle, kill everything – something that would NEVER happen when no gift appears.

@furious
    – your name and sentiment are perfect for the current situation. After what I just witnessed in the Arena (post-update) I will be done with AB2 after my research. I’m going to that post with detail but bottom line – their “fix” for spells was in the money-grubbing direction. In my world a spell gives only pig points with almost no debris points. Previously, they substituted others in the line-up. Now they are in addition (ok, fair) but they are giving debris points like real birds but only when my opponent plays them. I was ahead then a/he played 5 spells in a row and got 400,000-500,000 for EACH as opposed to e getting 15,000 when I play one. No option to play with or without spells. The words I have for them can’t be expressed on this family friendly web site that I respect infinitely more than the game that allowed it to exist.

@mvnla2
    – since by arthritis caused my having to leave my full-time, in-office IT and Q/A work I miss it. The 3* threshold in Friends, tracking unfair play and gifting here, and beta testing Peapod and Starbucks apps has been fun. Now I just need to get paid for it, lol. It’s 5 degrees in Massachusetts tonight and I need to move back to Los Angeles!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Where to Get Gifts?

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 359 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.