Where to Get Gifts?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Where to Get Gifts?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 359 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Triggerfish @dragonofheart73 @viking — Would like complete details on which device you are playing on and what version of operating system. For example, I play on
    iPad 2
    IOS 8.4
    Thanks

Triggerfish
    @triggerfish

@mvnla2 You’re very thorough lol!
    Ipad mini 2

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@all-my-AB2-friends –who are showering me with gifts. Thank you! Each one of you seems to get more gifts in a day to send to me than I do in an entire day. I started keeping track of who has sent me gifts, and to whom I send gifts so that I will try to reciprocate evenly. So you should all have received at least one gift from me. Since I started keeping track, 5 different friends have sent me a gift, and I only get 1 or 2 gifts a day. I just started keeping track yesterday, so if I have missed anyone, I apologize.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Has anyone seen any gifts on any of the first 20 levels that aren’t listed in the main post? Im slowly going through these, but only have 3 attempts on a lot of them.
    I did finally get 1 gift on level 8 in 13 attempts!
    Does anyone think there are other levels worth farming for gifts?
    Main post updated.
    Next goal is to include data from others.

burbman
    @burbman

@mvnla2 – don’t worry too much about trying to keep it even. As long as I see a gift every once in a while, I will know you are still playing and will keep sending them your way.

BTW – when are you going to join the leaderboard? The scores I see on my friend list look pretty good!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Burbman — I haven’t even considered the leaderboard. I guess I could post scores, but it does seem like there is a much larger element of chance since you get a different selection of birds and structures each time.

burbman
    @burbman

@mvnla2 – After playing levels over and over again, it is not as random as you might think. Each stage of any given level has a rotation of structures, which you then learn how to attack with different birds so that you can work toward a high score when the birds and structures line up just right. I can usually pick up a top ten score here within 10 minutes on any given level. That might take longer once more scores get entered.

Viking
    @viking

@mvnla2 – I use the Galaxy Note 4

Android Version – 5.1.1

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

@mvnla2
    iOS 8.4.1
    iPhone6 64gb

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@triggerfish @viking @dragonofheart73 — This is what I have for you so far.
    Let me know if not correct.
    Would help if you can post your current totals, rather than just recent result.
    Thanks again for the data!

Triggerfish			Viking			Dragonofheart		

Attempts   Blue	Red	Attempts  Blue	Red	Attempts  Blue	Red
    8	9	4	0						
    9				11	   1	  4			
    13	6	2	1	 5	   0	  0	    12	    0	  0
    MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@burbman @triggerfish @viking @dragonofheart73 @partshade @josm — OK, I know it’s statistically possible, but really? This has to be way out on the normal distribution curve. Is something else going on? Are you guys still able to frequently get gifts on any of 8, 9, and 13?
    Right now I am up to a string of at least 7 attempts with no gifts on each of
    21 (just to see if harder levels had better odds)
    All my birds are in silver except for Terrance, but I imagine some of you are beyond that.
    I know I generally have lousy luck, but this goes beyond that.

Josm
    @josm

@mvnla2 og this is very normally, i always do lvl 9, and sometimes i need to retry 25 times before a gift will appear. As said, this is totally random. Also, a while ago i played 3 times, with all 3 times a red gift. you cant say anything about it.

Also i dont kno how you play the levels. but i do as follow:

Open a level (9), see if there is a gift, yes? play the level, no? give up and restart.
    When you havent used a bird, you wont lose a life. I know there is a chance there could be a gift in the second wave of the level, but thats taking more time for me than this method.

burbman
    @burbman

@mvnla2 – I am focused on chapters three and four today. Will let you know if I run across any generous levels there though.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

@mvnla2 I have limited play time during the week so been trying whenever I can. Been focusing on trying to complete the entire 250+ stages (I’m only halfway now) and did went back to those stages and haven’t seen a gift… I feel so bad by accepting gifts when I can not give one out :-(

Triggerfish
    @triggerfish

@mvnla2. I haven’t had time to play much today and haven’t played the gift levels at all. I only play them once or twice a day, not repeatedly.

Triggerfish
    @triggerfish

@mvnla2 I just played 8,9 and 13 once each and found a blue gift in 13. Since the gift fairy has been ignoring you today, I sent the gift to you. I hope it’s something nice.
    My birds are all silver btw.

Anonymous

@mvnla2 Funny you brought this up. Because it seems once I get a red gift I just can’t get another for a while (Blue works differently for some reason). So to fix this I farm for a red then go play 2 normal levels. When I come back I only need a few attempts to get a red. Sure it’s not the fastest way but it almost guarantees me a red gift.

Anonymous

I do admit though that I seemed to get more reds at lower bird ranks than where I’m at now. Heck when I first started this farming I got 2 in a row on the 1st and 2nd attempt.

Viking
    @viking

Thanks @mvnla2

Here is my Level 9 total currently:

7 for 20 (5 Red; 2 Blue)

*The above was correct and then I added 9 attempts today.

Anonymous

@mvnla2 10 attempts on level 9: 2 blue found on attempt 3 and 8. 0 red.

10 more attempts on level 9 but this time I just refreshed the level until I see one. No gifts.

Would I sound crazy if I said that gifts could have a cooldown?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I finally got another gift on 9 today. I’m wondering if the levels or frequencies of gifts change depending on what level you’ve completed. I can see avatars for 13 friends on the map. Of these 2 are at a higher level than me; 4 are above level 100; the rest are less than 100. The people at higher levels than me are @Burbman and someone who’s FB name is Epic — Can’t remember what their ABN name is.
    Would love to know where they are farming gifts.

burbman
    @burbman

@mvnla2 – I do not farm gifts, I just happen across them as I am playing to improve scores on various levels. Probably the reason all of my birds are still gold class after all this time.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

My problem with level 8 (where everyone else seems to get a lot more gifts than me) may be because I can’t see them except when app is scanning from one scene to the next. Just noticed one far to the right of scene 1, but I can’t zoom far enough to see it, and you can’t shoot birds backwards. Sigh.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

It appears that I am playing this game differently. What does “farm” mean? It seems that means sitting on a beginners level and repeating it until you get a gift? Why do people want feathers, don’t you get them by winning tournaments? And is there something special about the levels your choosing, e.g. why haunt level nine?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@gelfling — “Farm” means to play explicitly for the purpose of getting rewards (gifts in this case). The daily achievements, for which you get gems, include getting 10 stars and sending a gift. I sometimes find it difficult to do either if I am stuck on a level.
    It is easier to get 10 stars on an easy level. Also, if you need to send a gift, it is quicker to play a 2-scene level that statistically gives a lot of gifts than to hope to find one in normal play.
    The levels listed have a pretty good probability of getting a gift, and are easy (quick) to play.
    You want as many feathers as you can get, because your birds will level-up (be more powerful) quicker. Not sure if the easy levels we have identified really have more red gifts (mostly feathers), but if you get more gifts, you are likely to get more feathers.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Where to Get Gifts?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 359 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.