What's best to take down Mortar Towers?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum What's best to take down Mortar Towers?

• Like the title says? During this competition I haven’t been able to take towers down with E. Grimlock. So today I’ll have to use someone else. Who has good firepower for both the level and the Towers? Starscream, Energon Galvatron, Energon Optimus Prime? Definately prefer an Energon TF, due to the “free” healing they get from Cubes. But I’d definately would prefer clearing the level for max points.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replies
  • Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

Use glassor

Cynical Bird
    @sickcyn

Could maybe Energon Lockdown with the Cube and Clip accessories be a contender?

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

A good Energicon like Glassor handles them easily when you have an Energon.

That said, my Level 14 E Grimlock is doing fine even when Energons aren’t available.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

I also suggest using either sentinel prime or airachnid because they are good against mortar towers

sheepybach
    @paul13

Energon Lockdown with the Cube and Clip accessories takes them down PDQ even on Level 10.
    Glassor with any Grimlock, Sentinel Prime with or with out Glassor.
    With Glassor near all are good

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@sickcyn using Mortarnik takes them down VERY fast- my reccomendation

Geli
    @geli

My level 10 EGrimlock standalone destroys Mortar Towers in 3 seconds of constant fire in challenges. Add in a photoblast and the mortar tower is destroyed immediately (first shot of energonicon photoblast) in node play and in less than a second in challenge play. Trick is to identify the tower before it energizes and begins moving. Look on ledges when running the river nodes. You will see the tower “folded down”. As soon as it starts to unfold, fire the TF or activate photoblast if it is not already firing.

YMMV.

dmsral
    @dmsral

I use Energon Grimlock (level 15) and Glassor for all my challenge needs. I come out firing with Grimlock on the first tower and usually have a Glassor charge ready after that.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

My Level 14 E Grimlock can probably take down a WMT in this competition in 3 seconds or so, although I caution that I’m not great at telling time w/o a clock or equivalent.

Of course it can take slightly longer if line of sight keeps getting interrupted.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’ve been using E. Grimlock + either Photoblast or Glassor

Both combinations are very effective against the WMTs.

Although I should add that it doesn’t really matter which TF you use. Those two energonicons are just that powerful.

Your choice of TF should really be driven by that day’s designated target (although in most cases, I’d be using one of the Grimlocks anyway).

Wejacks26
    @wejacks26

Glassor…

01023927lolol
    @harharhar

No,use arcee as she is really good at motor towers
    Arcee’ firepower is faster than airachnid

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum What's best to take down Mortar Towers?

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.