What to buy before Paladin…?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum What to buy before Paladin…?

• One simple question:

Using Lucky coins earned on the game:

– Bought Paladin

What better next now? Bard? Skulkers? Se Dog? Thunderbird?

Suggestions?

(WP version)

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replies
  • Sir Falcon
    @flying-falcon

Bard would be good, followed by Sea Dog. Thunderbird is good against large groups of Undead piggies with the same health. Skulkers would be really not worth it, since The Blues would be rather weak against Bomb lATER.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

The Bard isn’t useful anymore since they nerfed the Nightmare set in the latest update. The golden chili is the best thing to get if you don’t have it. Otherwise Skulkers or Sea Dog would be best.

pancaro
    @bertellifabio

Don’t think Bard is useful only for Nightmere bonus….i think it was a bug (200% dmge is too high dmge…)….

So, in order?

1- BArd
    2- Sea Dog
    3- Skulkers
    4- Thunderbird

?

Rhino
    @rhinofreak

IMO, get Skulkers or SeaDog first.. followed by Thunderbird..and then the Bard.

You’ll really need a healer in your team EVERYTIME, unless you have potions.. so using Druid for Matilda is really the best thing to do. Skulkers is an amazing combo with Druid.

abirds954
    @abirds954

I would suggest a Master class for your main class. In my case, I went with Druid, then Samurai.

pancaro
    @bertellifabio

Bard damage output is far more high than druid….

Druid heal is better but not so much…

I think if you pair Bard with Paladin you should have more healing power and mantain damage per turn high…

I admit Skulkers + Druid is very very effective….but it doesn’t work for all mobs….

I don’t think Bard is better than Druid, it depends on what kind of pigs are you facing off…

The really difference is that Bard could works very well alone, and Druid needs Skulkers to have high damage per turn…

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Sea Dog’s damage output is far better than the Bard’s. The Bard’s healing is by far the weakest of Matilda’s classes. The Druid does pretty good damage over time and can potentially do more damage than the Bard when fighting multiple enemies.

I like the Paladin, Princess and Pigiana combo for nearly all the caves so I don’t use the Bard much. The Marksmen with the Samurai will do far more damage than Bard with any bird and you don’t have to spend any lucky coins to get the Marksmen unless you don’t have friends to help you open the friendship gate.

I’d choose Bard. If you plan on using her with the Sweet! set and the Paladin, she’s at her best. Nightmare set works too, but I prefer the Sweet personally since it boost her healing and has a chance of a critical strike. Of course, her healing aura can be debuffed by pigs who dispell helpful effects.

The others, I’d say, just get depending on how you play, which birds you like to use, etc.

pancaro
    @bertellifabio

I’v taken Paladin and now Bard.

I think next will be Skulkers (for Druid combo)…

I got Thunderbird on other account but i don’t find it very useful…strong but not so impressive….

Seadog will be the last whenever i’d have the lucky coins (275 gold is long time) to buy it….

ColKurtz
    @colkurtz

I’m still surprised that so many people are promoting bard. It was posts like this that made me buy it, and I regret it. I can’t remember last time I used it. Maybe people who love it use lots of potions, are playing easier levels, or have full sets for everyone… but in general it simply does not do enough healing to keep birds alive on difficult levels. It does good damage but not so much to offset loss of healing.

If I had to do it over again I would save my coins and get skulkers. As mentioned, skulkers/druid is awesome combo. Only downside is you get skulkers so late in the game, and if you don’t have a lot of FB friends it’s not too useful in the caves when your third is a pig ally.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I was one of the people who liked the Bard, but that was if and only if you had the Nightmare set. Now that they’ve reduced the amount of damage my Nightmare set does by more than 75% (808 damage bonus damage was reduced to 200). I don’t like the Bard anymore and have no reason to use her because she doesn’t do enough damage to make up for the lack of healing she provides. If I want to do tons of damage, I’ll use the Marksmen, Samurai and Lightning bird or Wizard until I save up enough to buy the Sea Dog. The Bard with Nightmare, Samurai with Grand Slam and Lightning bird or Wizard or Marksmen used to be a pretty devastating group.

Equipping the Bard with the Sweet set isn’t as good as equipping a different healer with the Sweet set, but since the Nightmare set isn’t very useful now the Sweet set is the best set to give the Bard.

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

Bard is blech. She only heals 122 (then 61 per turn) as a “Veteran” on Level 29! But as others have noted, a Veteran Druid does more damage (over time with thorny vine), and more healing. Still, I prefer Elite Princess: more healing but she still packs a healthy punch. Princess also causes piggies to attack the bird with the most health.

In fact, I had great fun beating nearly the whole level in Chronicle Caves with only Elite Princess and Elite Wizard. (Sorry, forgot which, exactly). No need to borrow.

wolkenwand
    @wolkenwand

Bard is useful, i always use it in every battle. Its attack are very high, often time the enemy destroyed before they manage to deal any damage. Pair it with paladin or spies to increase healing effect.

GX
    @kokhien

I hardly use the Bard too. I only used it for stunning the final bosses together with Samurai with hammer set. Other than that, hardly ever used it.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum What to buy before Paladin…?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.