What is your goal?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum What is your goal?

• I’ve been playing ABT since 2014(?). Due to personal circumstances I haven’t been able to play it every day, but I just  played it when having some time.

In the beginning  it was great fun collecting new bots and reaching new ranks. But after a while the gameplay became a little too repetitive, so I had to set myself a goal to keep on playing.

My first goal was to see what ranks (or titles) were present but after I knew these, my goal changed to also reach those ranks (ranging from Fueler to Planet Eater).

But after  I’ve reached level 661 and have become a Planet Eater, there are no new ranks present.

Thus I have to set me a new goal. There are several options:

1. Acquire all bots.
    However, R/E is almost continuously introducing new ones, so I have to restrict myself to a limited number of bots. Moreover, as said earlier, I can’t play every day and thus have to pay with additional gems for missing tokens in an event to get a new bot. Because I’m not going to buy gems (or bots) with real money, this will be a long way, but more or less doable if I restrict myself to 1 or 2 bots.

2. Upgrade or overpower my bots.
    All my present bots are upgraded to level 15 and one to level 16, because of the opportunity to open 10 golden crates for free at the introduction of the crates.
    More overpowering is out of the question, because when I should have enough tokens (and additional gems) I’d choose for a new bot instead.

3. Get my bots fully accessorized.
    It’s not a great option, but it is doable, especially with the crates.

4. Promote  (a selection of) my bots to maximum using sparks.
    Also doable, but it will take a long, long time.

5. Reach the highest possible level.
    For this I have to get new bots or overpower them. See option 1 and 2 for my comments.

6. Forget my principles and buy bots (and gems).
    Up till now I haven’t sunk that deeply (and probably will not in the future). I know there are many people who actually spend (a lot of) money on ABT, but that’s totally incomprehensible to me.

7. Reach the maximum (currently 160) level on the sparks run

8. Quit the game.

9. Keep on playing without goals.

I know this is a long list, but most of the options are in my opinion not very good ones. To me it will probably come down to option 9 which after very much time makes option 1 partly possible. But I’ll guess that eventually option 8 will prevail.

So I’m asking, does anybody know a better goal or reason to keep playing?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
  • Replies
  • SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

My main goal is to get every accessory, spending the least amount of gems as I can (meaning mainly through events and steel crates). This also means I need to get every bot so that I can then get their accessories.

Secondary much longer term probably won’t reach goal is to get at least one bot from each squad fully promoted.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

What is my goal? Never let Rovio get my money.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

my goal to find a working cheat for iOS…

moi
    @moifirst

@datguygamer
    I think that this is the main goal for most people, but I only mentioned option 6 as a theoretical (not realistic) option. But as already said, there are lots of people bringing this option into practice.

@elpapam

To find a working cheat is something I’ve been longing for for a long time. Unfortunately, I’ve missed the gem glitch in the early days of ABT. But on the other hand, I don’t know if I would have been playing very long afterwards, if I should had got possession of it.

Quickgamer
    @quickgaming

Have a goal of enjoying structure destruction with Soundwave and E.Starscream

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@moifirst i didn’t knew back then the glitch with the gems back then so i am in the same boat as you. Also i stop playing for 3 months i started playing again when the new upgrade was made that introduce the steel & golden crates. But also i might also later to re-stop the game.

But yes my dream is a working cheat / hack whatever to cheat this freaking game. I have though so many time to transfer this game at a Samsung S6 that i have from my work (not my property) but i own it for as long i will be working for this company. So an i though to re-open my old facebook page that i made to play AB Epic and after leaving this game i closed my page… so i am in thoughts if i should transfer via facebook to the S6 and download any working cheat and build my game with tons of gems sparks etch and have save my data again at facebook and then open my iphone and connect to facebook and transfer the data with the cheats that i have done…

Well this is my thoughts… though i don’t know if it will work…

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@moifirst Since I already have

1. All bots.
    2. All bots overpowered thanks to Gold crates.
    3. Max rank 1300.
    4. Most bots Star-Amethyst promoted thanks to sparks from Gold crates.

With that said, I really don’t have a goal as I already almost have everything you have stated above. So my real goal is to save my progress and not let Rovio screw with it and thus not let hem get my stuff and not give them any money.

Laogalaxy
    @laogalaxy

No goals for me, I just like blowing things up in this game.

Daniel Cho
    @daniel-cho

@datguygamer Have you spent money on this game?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@daniel-cho Other than the Jenga I want to buy (because that is still incomplete for me) after deciding on it maybe next year, I haven’t spent a single dime in this game.

moi
    @moifirst

@datguygamer
    That is an impressive list you’ve presented. I assume that you have the gem glitch, but as I mentioned in my previous reply to @elpapam I can comprehend  that there is no goal left for you to play any longer.

@elpapam

That seems to be an interesting idea using an additional phone. I don’t know if it is working, but you might give it a try, although I don’t know the risks of it, e.g. losing everything. So make a good backup first if you do this.
    I don’t have 2 devices, but I have been thinking over the some same kind of idea using FB e.g. for switching promotion by sparks to different suitable bots. But I couldn’t figure out how to do this without beginning with the same scores after every switch.

So up to now it is just blowing things up in the game as @quickgaming and @laogalaxy suggested.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@moifirst Of course, I am the only one here who has publicly stated that my game got the gem glitch. Others may have that, but no one other than me has come and said it outright.

@elpapam
    If you two really want to go with it, never use Facebook for syncing anything. Always use local backups. Trust me, I have had bad experiences with cloud saves in general.

moi
    @moifirst

@datguygamer
    Even if I use a local backup, the problem remains how I should maintain all my scores in the “real world”.
    Example: First I make a backup and then promote bot A (whose promotion is amplified X 4 in event 1). In event 2 bot B is the lucky one (amplification of promotion X 4). My idea was to be able to use the sparks, which I’ve used for bot A now again for bot B. But when using the backup everything collected in event 1 will be lost, so that isn’t going to get me anywhere.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

My initial goals:

1 – Get all bots
    Completed (until now)

2 – Max level for every bot
    I gave up on this when max level was raised to 25. Now I want level 15 on all bots, but it is still in progress.

4 – Promote all bots
    I forgot about this one after I reached gold crown on 3 bots, and after the introduction of the purple promotion. Now I have 4 purple crown bots, and I just keep accumulating sparks, waiting for some opportunity to spend those (I don’t know what will be yet).

3 – Get all accessories
    In progress. I’m still pursuing this one.

4 – Get all energonicons
    Completed.

5 – Max the silo capacity
    Completed.

6 – Never spend a cent on this game
    In progress. Not a cent spent until now.

Jenga Mode is incompatible with the #6, so I excluded it from my goals.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@moifirst By that logic, using cloud save also won’t get you anywhere. The reason I suggested local backup was to get as many gems as possible using whatever method you and @elapapam want, use them to open crates and get stuff and save that stuff locally on your phone (as saving it online only may get it reset by Rovio).

moi
    @moifirst

@datguygamer I’m aware that using FB isn’t going to get me any further than a local backup. The main advantage using FB is, that you don’t have to save the data every time you’ve played.
    But to be sure I also save a local copy when something important is going on (e.g. when I’ve got a new bot or when a new event is going to start soon). I do this because I don’t have unlimited confidence in the FB cloud system.
    But what’s puzzling me, is that FB synchronization only works when I totally delete the ABT app first and then re-install it from scratch, followed by directly signing in to FB (in the opening screen). Up till now this has been working 100% of the time.
    However, when I try synchronization using an old backup, nothing happens when I sign in to FB. Strange!

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@moifirst

I’m aware that using FB isn’t going to get me any further than a local backup. The main advantage using FB is, that you don’t have to save the data every time you’ve played.

I know that but I prefer having full control over my save rather than handing them over to the incompetence named Rovio (the mistake I did with Angry Birds Epic and to this day I regret that). I ALWAYS back up after every session. So I have the latest possible backup every time and it doesn’t take too long out of my life (18 seconds at best).

About what you are wondering, that’s because ABT recently changed their Facebook login system. That’s why in v1.28 it was screwed as they properly didn’t implement the system. Previously they used SSL based on HTML-Mockup Engine. Now they use s-XML with TLS.

moi
    @moifirst

@datguygamer
    Thanks for the explanation on the FB login system. Although I’m not familiar with all the terms, I understand that something has changed.

As for the backup question, you should know that I use the android emulator Bluestacks on my laptop to play ABT (I don’t have an iPhone or a smartphone). To make a backup I have to copy my virtual SD-card to my HDD, which takes 10-15 minutes. So that isn’t something I do after every session.

Lemongrab
    @lemongrab

I want to know the maximum level of accessories.

Off-topic: While browsing some files of the game I saw “data/characters/superion” and “data/minicons” in the codes.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@lemongrab Minicons are the code names for the Enrgonicons as many names for those come from actual Mini-cons from the toyline.

As for accessories, 500.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@moifirst Why would you do that? Just copy the save_guest.dat and save_guest_backup.dat from the folder that the game makes under the root directory “com.rovio.angrybirdstransformers” to a location called “SharedFolder” in C:\. That sharedfolder is a link between your Bluestacks and your actual PC. That file I mentioned is just 20 Kb in size which doesn’t take 10 minutes. You have been doing the wrong process throughout this entire time, my friend.

Lemongrab
    @lemongrab

@datguygamer I see. Not yet in the halfway to reach the max level.

Quickgamer
    @quickgaming

@datguygamer

I just unlocked and promoted EGL and backed it up on my SD Card

moi
    @moifirst

@datguygamer First of all thanks for you thinking with me to solve this problem, but to my regret I have to tell you, that:
    – there are no files called save_guest.dat or save_guest_backup.dat on my virtual SD-card
    – I have com.rovio.angrybirdstransformers, but it contains only a main.13102.com.rovio.angrybirdstransformers.obb file of 308 Mb (its directory path is /sdcard/Android/obb/com.rovio.angrybirdstransformers/)

Do you have any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Edit: Later I found out that  com.rovio.angrybirdstransformers is also present in /sdcard/Android/data/com.rovio.angrybirdstransformers/

But here are also no files called save_guest.dat or save_guest_backup.dat

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@moifirst

Do you have any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Ofc, you missed the part where I said “root”. That’s the hidden directory of any Android device which aren’t shown to the users and they cannot access via normal File Managers and without certain tools. Download “Root Explorer” from the web and install it on your Bluestacks. IF you don’t have a rooted Bluestacks (which I assume you don’t), install Kingo Root and root your Bluestacks and then install SuperSU for root access. Then you use that explorer I mentioned to go to root/data/data/com.rovio.angrybirdstransformers/the files I mentioned. What you are going to is the most common directory in which no games make any backup. That obb file is a game asset file. The directory I am talking about is where about 90% games save their game progress and thus don’t let users to backup manually as they can’t even see that directory in the first place.

@quickgaming
    So you are rooted then?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum What is your goal?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.