What happened to ab stella?

Home Forums General Discussions Forum What happened to ab stella?

• The title says it all. Why was angry birds stella abandoned? If anyone has any idea please post it… if it doesn’t take 1,000,000 years to get accepted ?

Anyway, I still have the app and it’s playable, so I can show you some screenshots of the game.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replies
  • Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@epekkamaster Rovio never actually explained why they discontinued it, so that’s a bummer. They probably knew that new birds would have to be added soon, though doing that would stretch the AB Stella series into a bunch of characters only endemic to that area (such as a white bird being only found in a snowy area- like Tony). Honestly, they could’ve kept going on with more world ideas if Golden Island weren’t so small and cramped with little variation in the regions- like Bird Island.

Whatever the cause, Rovio obviously liked AB POP! a lot more because they could be more creative with the wide variety of worlds, I’m assuming, and how more “known” characters could be included from the original series, like Red, Chuck, Bomb, Matilda, (Terence is an NPC), and the Blues. I played AB Stella for a long while after the Christmas 2014 update with “New Pigs on the Block”- I even got to be a LVL 30 with all Pigs and Boxes unlocked- though the game just got boring when there was nothing new…..what a shame I had to delete the app….

Epekkamaster
    @epekkamaster

There was still the mine and gale’s castle to make levels for too! It’s a bit “bird brained” (pun intended) to say that more levels will be made but not make them. I hope that rovio puts the birds in that game into some other game.

RizDub
    @rizdub

@epekkamaster Yeah, it’s a real shame.

Recently I’ve been wanting to learn how to decompile and edit the LUA files to create a fan continuation of this game…

Epekkamaster
    @epekkamaster

I wish that rovio would tell us what happened to it. When I downloaded it, I got up from bed 30 minutes early just to be be the first person to, and when I did download it just said 10 people had in the app store.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum What happened to ab stella?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.